Re: Do you go to church?

i don't wana be my dad.

draco fett wrote:

And once again I'll say that it is not your job here. It would be fine if you became a missionary and went to Africa, but this site is for fans to discuss Boba Fett and some unrelated conversations, not to be converted.

Blah blah blah If Aaron sees a problem he will lock it. no lets get on topic And yes FettII I am.

calvinanglin@gmail.com | Dei voluntas fiat
I seek to knowledge to share it.

well fett2, nor do i want to be my dad...now. but there was a day. that day seems so long ago.
(gazes out the window, and hesitates before reeling his attention back).

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson
[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42831046]Cujos' MySpace[/url]

hello? Get back on topic!

what is the topic exactly?, ur personal crusade to save the world by attrition?
because if i recall the topic is "do you go to church?"
seems to have lost its way sometime ago. but alas it is your topic, which direction would you like it to go?

[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42831046]Cujos' MySpace[/url]

Fett_II wrote:

no they're not, they're making the locals believe that if they don't follow Christ, they will burn at death. You call it help?

Just wondering, how do you know this?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

have you not seen those commercials on tv? plus, it's a fact that there are missionaries over in Ethiopia selling kids for adoption and turning them towards "the good faith". that right there is a major problem in the world. There is no "good faith". No religion is above any other. Naturally, all are the same, merely different beliefs. and i never wanted to be like my dad, 1. i barely know the guy 2. from what i've been told, he's not the greatest person.

interesting commentary about religion fett2, and im sorry to hear that about ur dad,
truely. but on the bright side often the people that have to over come such adversity
become the most interesting to know.
these words come from someone who has a vague notion of what you speak.

and as a disclaimer-all though my opinions on religion, family and such subjective issues r often pointed
and may not "jive" with other members, i mean no disrespect or personal rancor.

Fett_II wrote:

have you not seen those commercials on tv?

And where in these commercials does it show the missionaries telling the children that if they do not convert they will burn in hell?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Uhh it don't. Missionaries  are telling the truth. Which is one of the Ten Commandment: 'do not bare false withness' (don't lie)

missionaries are telling the truth in your view, Karson. for others, the 10 Commandments are crap/waste of time.

87 (edited by Kel Solaar Thursday, July 26, 2007 7:47 pm)

draco fett wrote:

Baal, the Horned God, etc.

In my humble opinion, those who worship evil have no place anywhere. 

I dont get to go to church very often myself.  I am Roman Catholic, and I havent stepped foot inside a church for four or more years. (Bad I know...)

The last time I went to any sort of place of worship was with my ex-girlfriend in a synagog. (She is Jewish.)

I wasnt sure how I would be welcomed there, being Catholic and all, but they were all very friendly. smile

Kel Solaar

Kel Solaar at your service, for a price...

I personally do not go to church, but I do believe in some form of higher being, a "God" if you will.

No disintegrations, No fun

Fett_II wrote:

for others, the 10 Commandments are crap/waste of time.

You have to be a scum to not follow the same morals as the ten commandments.  Some you may not agree with based on religion but, there is some good advice to follow in those commandments.  I personally think do not murder or do not steal aren't crap/ waste of time.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

others do. i'm merely pointing it out.

Kel Solaar wrote:

In my humble opinion, those who worship evil have no place anywhere.

I agree, but I was not refering to traditional Satanism, but Wicca, which I can't say I support anyway.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Ah, I see Draco Fett.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.

However, I do not believe that Wicca has any sort of "evil" intent.  Last time I read anything about it, it dealt with natural powers etc.  Seems like an ok belief system to me. smile

To Sev Fett,

Yes, the ten commandments are a good rule of thumb, and to not follow them is ridiculous.  I would hate to meet the kind of person who breaks all the ten commandments.  I doubt even Boba does lol

-Kel Solaar

Kel Solaar at your service, for a price...

I know some very nice people who are Wiccans, they just worship nature gods and have pow wows in pentagrams, witch by the way is not a evil sign but a symbol used to ward off evil spirits.
(find the pun smile )

No disintegrations, No fun

I dont have anything against Wiccans, I just don't support what my religion considers Paganism. The pentagram can be used as a symbol of evil, such as Baphomet's seal.

Karson I know what I said about the Evils were in the Past,,but it
was giving a example of how People think about evil,,these
days it's, diffent things which is scare mongoling,,I'm a very happy easy
going type,,and it is upsetting the way the World is ,,not caring,always
stating what they haven't got ,not looking to what they have,,no pride
in anything,,not enjoying the simple things in life,,simpy what it means is to
like yourself first,,and set a good example.
  Bats

You know some people say there was no Jesus, but they still use BC and AD.

i am jewish and i go to the temple every almost every saturday and the rabbi teaches me on wendsday

I sometimes go.
Haven't really gone recently.
I mean, I still believe in God and Jesus, isn't that enough?

"Just because Boba is smarter than Jango doesn't mean Jango is retarded."

Karson Fett wrote:

You know some people say there was no Jesus, but they still use BC and AD.

Actually, those people usually use B.C.E. (Before Common Era), and C.E. (Common Era).

but there was a Jesus. There are documents from his time period proving that a man named Jesus lived, but there's nothing to do with God or any miracles.