Re: Do you go to church?

I am a Christian and attend church as often as I can.  My family has be going to Saturday night services which was weird at first bu then we settled into it.  And honestly we haven't been attending that much because of my all-star baseball schedule.  Herer we are trying to enjoy our Canada Day weekend camping in the US roll And we have to keep going back and forth over the border.  But about the christened and baptized thing, I believe christening is a more of a Catholic tradition.  But Christians sometimes do it because they choose to.  But generally all Christians are baptized.  Speaking on general terms there.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Christenings, Weddings & Funerals are about it for me. I go with my hubby for Christmas and Easter if he wants. But I've never felt comfortable with church. I've found there are some people who think that because they go to church regularly, that they can behave horribly to other people but be "saved" because they go to church. That's why I don't attend church.

I'm also Catholic and had religion shoved down my throat in school. I think religion is something you seek out yourself, not have it forced upon you.

I noticed no one said "Jedi" as their religion tongue When we had our census over here they were encouraging people to say their religion was Jedi so that it would actually be acknowledged tongue

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

BFFC-Mel wrote:

I noticed no one said "Jedi" as their religion tongue When we had our census over here they were encouraging people to say their religion was Jedi so that it would actually be acknowledged tongue

LOL I am going to put that on the next time that there is a census in the UK big_smile I did not know about it the last time otherwise I would have done. The next one should be in 3 years.

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

i dont know where they run censuses, or else i'd be putting that down. btw ppl in australia are currently trying to get Jedi to bcome an official religion, and a school in romania is teaching jedi arts.

Yep I'm in Australia, it was our last census that we tried for Jedi tongue

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Fett_II wrote:

i dont know where they run censuses, or else i'd be putting that down. btw ppl in australia are currently trying to get Jedi to bcome an official religion, and a school in romania is teaching jedi arts.

They have a census in the UK. It happens once a decade. They are also trying to get Jedi recognised as an official religion here as well big_smile

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

32 (edited by Alo Fett Tuesday, July 3, 2007 2:02 am)

Fett_II wrote:

well my official religion would be Roman Catholic. But hey, I do read fantasy and play violent video games. So what? They're not trying to corrupt me to be a bad person. Take Harry Potter for example, the idiots who try to get it banned always bring up two points: witchcraft and wicca. Wicca is a religion as well. Some major points of Wicca are in Christianity. Wicca existed long before Christianity, about 3,000 years before it. And I've read a Wiccan book. They're not all too different from Christians. Stuff like this has me not go to Church.

Oh, and adults can be christened as well.

yes and no.
I am a christian and will always be, but I don't know if "Christian" is quite the right word.
You see the Bible only says the word "Christian" twice all other time they are referd to as "Saints": "set apart ones" and that is what I/all true christians are, set apart for God and his will.
why I am saying all of this is because when God made Man/Woman they were the first "christians" so they where here before wicca in that sence but the name christian and the Catholic church hasn't been around that long.
Also Many people think that God was the only one around before all of the sudden Jesus came and died for sin and then when He left the spirit came and now all three are kinda there.
This is not true. All were there when the earth was made and all are still there and they are all one, I know its hard to under stand but it stil mkaes the most sence even if you take faith out the the equasion (spelling?).

And no christians and the acult are VERY different. you think that wicca and christians are alike???
How?  I have seen this type of thing (Witchcraft, deamon possessed people,ext.) first hand and it is not at all like what I beleave in.

oh. and christening is like baptisum but not the same. Baptisum is you saying publicly that you have died with Christ and want to live for him. the water represents the grave nad when you are "Dunked" you are dieing to your self and with Christ or saying I, me , myself is now dead, and I don't want to live only for myself any more but now I want to live for God and others. and when you come up, your sins are left in the grave, Cu'z when Jesus died on the cross He bore or took all those sins with Him to the grave. BUT when He rose from the dead He left the sins, and completed the sacrifice.
christening  on the other hand is not make a statement but being dubed it is some one else saying you are now a Catholic not a change of your heart/life.

p.s. sorry for the long post but thier is still a whole heck of alot to say.

...I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.  - Alo Fett

Not nearly enough as I should.
I like to go its just I'm not a morning person unless you count 3 am.
The services are actually interesting and the people are really nice.
A month or so back the pastor actually used the Mos Eisley Bar scene in one of his semons.
It was the best church service ever.

-Hey do you hear that? Is that screaming?
-Nope, that ner vod is simply the sound of natural selection at its finest.

I don't go to church, but I don't really think that in any way hinders any relationship I have with God.  I used to go to church all the time when I was little, until our pastor retired and a new one showed up and was getting a little out of hand...  Borderline Pentecostal behavior when it was a Baptist church.  So, we stopped attending that one. 

And now, we just haven't gotten around to joining a new one, but I don't mind.  Like I said, I don't feel attending church is the most important thing.  I feel my relationship with God is perfectly fine.

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.~ Fulton J. Sheen

Weddings, that's about it.

I mean, I've read through most of the old Testament so far.
I'm an avid anime fan, I play video games(MK Armageddon for the Wii is so awesome!) and haven't killed anybody yet so...yea.

I hate Harry Pottter, but I don't see anything religously wrong with it.

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

draco fett wrote:

You mean Satan, not Saten. Satanists do not worship Satan, they are athiests. They merely take Satan as their symbol.

While I agree about Christianity, this is not the place to tr to convert someone.

Any god that is worshiped other than God all mighty is Satan in an other form, Draco.

He is the only real God who can answer priers!

Sorry I was out so long.

calvinanglin@gmail.com | Dei voluntas fiat
I seek to knowledge to share it.

That is not necessarily true, as they (in the Christian opinion, I am not going to say here that it is correct) worship false gods, not Satan. Also, you seem to have misunderstood my post, Satanists don't worship anything.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Yes, they do they worship Satan! Thats why they are called "Satanists." Draco you need to read the Bible every now and again.

I do read the Bible. Satanists do not worship anything, the just take Satan as their symbol. To them, he represents freedom and rebellion. The founder of the Church of Satan has confirmed this.

I grew up in a christian family and my dad was a penticostel (cant spell) preacher. we lived in third world countries doing missionary work and the whole bit. As i grew up I realised that the principles that are written in the bible do hold some great truths for a forfilling life but as with most things when humans try to preach they cant always hold true to their own belifes. the church now days is as corrupt as in the days when Jesus went into the temples of Jeruselum and over turned all the tables of the people selling goods in the holy place. I think that orginised religion can be as bad as what they preach against. thats why on the last two cenus in Australia my wife and I are Jedi and my son is a padawan learner!

" Hi!"

41 (edited by Karson Fett Wednesday, July 11, 2007 7:01 am)

Some are, some ain't. I know for sure Stemley  Babstis is not. Peter you are blessed with having the name of one of Jesus disciple, Simon Peter.

karson don't try to convert people on this site.

Its my Job to try. Fett2

I am a Christian and I dedicated  my newborn recently and all it means is I stand in front of the church in prayer and promise God that I will raise her to know the lord. To answer Devil Girl's question: Baptism is something a person decideds to do as a young adult when they REALLY understand and come to know the lord. They basically accept Christ in front of a large group and confess their sins and then get dunked in water (cleansing). Allot of people get the 2 confused. I probably go one sunday a month to church, but god knows where my heart is. Some Christians will make you feel bad about things like not attending church. The main reason is the power of prayer and such. The more people the better.  Allot of people think poorly of us because they have had a bad encounter and I'm sorry. I play fighting video games and I even go out for a beer with friends. I just don't take the video games seriously and I don't get drunk. There's got to be a balance and I would NEVER judge anyone because it's not my place. Even if you are not Christian I will treat you like family. I am in no means enforcing my views or anything like that.

Now.....let's get back to BOBA FETT!!  : )

"Maybe I'd have grown up a nice guy if a Jedi hadn't cut my dad's head off in front of me."

My Great Nan brought me up as she was Japanese and Buddhist
bats is a one ,,BUT I don't beleive in that back to life thing
but I keep it because I like the  kindness and it does upset me
at times where people are so unhappy looking when they rave
on about their relegion  and India where Buddha was born are so unhappy
So bats will just go on treating People and Animals how I would want to be treated.
    bats

46 (edited by cujo Wednesday, July 11, 2007 4:50 pm)

alot of heavy lifting going on around here...

my 2 cents.
do people need a path to live a with purpose, yes.
is this the forum in which to tell them how to live karson?, not so much.
(and karson i realize ur heart is in the right place...i too was once a foot soldier for an un-named faith, but i digress)
i like many bffc-ers, respect many personal beliefs. but they r indeed personal.
if you r compelled to share your truth with others, private message them.
buddhist, catholic, protestant, satanist, or some manner of philosophy...i my self am a sea-monkey-ist tongue
...remember the forgotten 14th commandment-

tho shall not beat thy neighbor over the head with ones own superstitions...which ever they might be.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson
[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42831046]Cujos' MySpace[/url]

Not a thing will waver me in my campaign ageist the Devil.

On this site, you must respect others' ways of life.

I do I just don't want every one to go to Hell! I like to meet some of you to meet the man who save me from Hell. God all mighty!

Yep, I go to church! And I am a Follower of Jesus. The thing that I love about my church is that the elders and the pastor have a deep love for reformed theology (i.e., everything they teach is centered around Jesus. I know that that sounds like a "no, duh" statement, but in many churches today the sovereignty, or all-powerfullness [don't know if that's a word....], of Jesus is [i]very[I/} watered down, unfortunately).

"Whoever is a highly evolved, super-genius raise your hand."  *raises hand*   "Oh."     
-----[color=#FF0000]Rodney McKay[/color]