Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

I think the real problem is that Draco has an unexplainable hatred for Jango that no amount of argument can change. Jango could outsmart 5 ig-88's at once, and you would ask, "Why not 6?"

He obviously did enough jobs on his own, he hired help for some jobs for what could be many reasons. I personally like the idea that he used these other bounty hunters as scapegoats so he could not be tracked down.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

27 (edited by Gustavo_Perez Sunday, December 17, 2006 10:16 am)

Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

Well i wish i could qoute everyone who disagrees with Draco, but it's too many. Anyways, Draco, Jango was famous before he met Zam or any of his so called "freelance stringers". I'd like to see you live Jango's career without requiring help from time to time. And I can tell you have serious social problems...... And thank you for everyone who does not think Jango is a retarded and thank you for respecting Jango even if he's not as good as Boba. I really appreciate it, because in my childhood, I spent a lot of time playing Star Wars Bounty Hunter, reading Open Seasons, buying AOTC toys, etc. I greatly hate it when one of my favorite childhood heroes is disrespected for stupid reasons like the fact that Jango is "technically" from New Zealand. Thats bull. In fact writing this has inspired me to go play Battelfront 2 online once i set it up and make Jango get the respect he deserves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Draco there is nothing wrong with asking for help occasionally, nor is there anything wrong trusting people.

Also I can't quote everything everyone else said but other than Draco i completely agree to every post, especially the one Fetterthanyou posted about  Jango beating 5 IG-88's. You bet he could. Remember, he is Boba's predecessor, the Fett of the prequels.

Oh and I am merely suggesting that one reason Draco might not like Jango is because he had a better death than Mandalore the Indomitable, which I believe is Draco's avatar. At least Jango didn't get eaten by some animals......

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

I think some people have the wrong idea about why Jango would use other hunters and mercenaries for his missions. It has nothing to do with his personal skill, or courage. You have to remember that Jango was trained by Jaster to lead the Mandalorian Commandos, and he did lead them quite well for a while. But that's the point, he has leadership skills, he understand tactics and strategy on squad and company levels. When he became a bounty hunter, and had large complicated jobs presented to him, he did not simply embark on them and try and pull them off. Maybe he could have accomplished them on his own, maybe not, but his mentality was to recruit the appropriate people with the right skills to accomplish the specific goal in mind. He would motivate them to accomplish it, and reward them when they did. He was a trained and experienced military leader. He simply thinks that way, and I think it is possible that Boba's penchant for working alone may have developed from learning from his father's example. Jango was a more physical person, who intelligently used others to accomplish his goals. Boba is more intelligent and cunning, but he used his physical presence to coerce others to do his will.

"Home is where the armor is."

29 (edited by draco fett Sunday, December 17, 2006 2:16 pm)

Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

Gustavo_Perez wrote:

1. Anyways, Draco, Jango was famous before he met Zam or any of his so called "freelance stringers".

2. I'd like to see you live Jango's career without requiring help from time to time.

3. And I can tell you have serious social problems......

4. And thank you for everyone who does not think Jango is a retarded

5. And Draco there is nothing wrong with asking for help occasionally, nor is there anything wrong trusting people.

6. Oh and I am merely suggesting that one reason Draco might not like Jango is because he had a better death than Mandalore the Indomitable, which I believe is Draco's avatar. At least Jango didn't get eaten by some animals......

1. He was famous before he met Zam, but how do you know about the other retainers?
2. I never said that asking for help is cowardly, but his reatainers actually do the work for him.
3. I know.
4. Did I ever call Jango mentally retarded?
5. Trusting people is not smart if you have a job like Jango did.
6. I could care less how they died. I have never even read the comics that Mandalore the Indomitable was in.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

draco fett wrote:

4. Did I ever call Jango mentally retatded?

maybe not... but you did say...
"That really is not saying much, as my halux toe-nail is smarter than Jango." implying his small mental capacity.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

draco fett wrote:
Gustavo_Perez wrote:

1. Anyways, Draco, Jango was famous before he met Zam or any of his so called "freelance stringers".

2. I'd like to see you live Jango's career without requiring help from time to time.

3. And I can tell you have serious social problems......

4. And thank you for everyone who does not think Jango is a retarded

5. And Draco there is nothing wrong with asking for help occasionally, nor is there anything wrong trusting people.

6. Oh and I am merely suggesting that one reason Draco might not like Jango is because he had a better death than Mandalore the Indomitable, which I believe is Draco's avatar. At least Jango didn't get eaten by some animals......

1. He was famous before he met Zam, but how do you know about the other retainers.
2. I never said that asking for help is cowardly, but his reatainers actuall do the work for him.
3. I know.
4. Did I ever call Jango mentally retatded?
5. Trusting people is not smart if you have a job like Jango did.
6. I could care less how they died. I have never even read the comics that Mandalore the Indomitable was in.

You sure did call him retarded, and I'll post it here when I find it.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

32 (edited by draco fett Sunday, December 17, 2006 2:14 pm)

Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

I wrote:

I am not saying that he is mentally retarded...

I am almost positive that that is what you are thinking of. It is on the first page of this thread.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

Alright, alright, sorry I brought your personal hatred. This is a discussion about whether Jango is in fact a smart enough man to be a proficient bounty hunter.

No more flaming one another.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

I think that he is smart enough to be a great bounty hunter, he just is not.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

I definately think Jango is smart enough. He's a Fett, isn't he? How about when he escaped from slavery and outwited numerous peoples whose names I forget? That took a little thinking I believe. Have some faith in the man. smile Can't we all just get along? Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. smile

"Die? Didn't you know that Spartans never die?'- Spartan-051 "Kurt"

Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

Isn't the answer to all this obvious? Of course Jango was as smart as Boba they are the same person. Second hiring other assasins shows how good you are. Jango worked his way to the top of the pile until he was getting jobs that were to large for just one person to do alone. Ever wondered why they have seal TEAMS? So he hires other bounty hunters to help. Like using Zam as an expendable in Ep2. Besides he managed to beat Obi-Wan who is pretty smart and who had the force. Besides would you say that if a guy moved from the checkout to the managers office that that meant he was bad at doing the checkout? Of course not they are diferent jobs just like bounty hunting and being an intermediary are diferent. ANyway that is the end of my rant.

Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

No offence mando, but I have got to correct some of your "rant."

1. Jango and Boba are not the same person. Just because Boba is a clone, does not make him Jango's exact copy. His genetics are the same, but his experiences, logic, and strategies are completely different.

2. Jango did not move from being a bounty hunter to being an intermediary. He stayed a bounty hunter and used the others as expendables as you said.

Other then that it's fine.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

38 (edited by BFFC Chrys Monday, December 18, 2006 5:48 am)

Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

last mando standing wrote:

Isn't the answer to all this obvious? Of course Jango was as smart as Boba they are the same person.

I agree with most of what you said except the 1st statement. Physically they have the same dna, genes, etc. Personality wise they're different people. So yeah them 2 Fett's aint the same nerf-herder son.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

It's hard to know how smart/talented Jango is considering that all we have is the Ep. II novelization, Open Seasons, the Jango/Zam duology, and various Star Wars Tales.  One can probably assume from Open Seasons, since he was Mandalore at some point (unless I misunderstood the comic) he must have been a seasoned strategist and warrior, and thus a good bounty hunter and intelligent fellow.  But we can't say that he's as good or as smart as Boba because Boba is the original, has much more info about him for us to draw from, and lived longer.  Jango's name was infamous while he lived, but I don't think it was as well-known as Boba's. (i.e. Families probably weren't discussing Jango's fearsomeness over dinner.)

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

BFFC Chrys wrote:

It's hard to know how smart/talented Jango is considering that all we have is the Ep. II novelization, Open Seasons, the Jango/Zam duology, and various Star Wars Tales.  One can probably assume from Open Seasons, since he was Mandalore at some point (unless I misunderstood the comic) he must have been a seasoned strategist and warrior, and thus a good bounty hunter and intelligent fellow.  But we can't say that he's as good or as smart as Boba because Boba is the original, has much more info about him for us to draw from, and lived longer.  Jango's name was infamous while he lived, but I don't think it was as well-known as Boba's. (i.e. Families probably weren't discussing Jango's fearsomeness over dinner.)

Jango Fett and Calo Nord becane household names, but none compared to the infamy of Boba Fett.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

Lol when you said household names and discussing them over dinner I cracked up. I could just imagine a family sitting down for dinner...

"How was your day honey?"
"Fine. how was yours?"
"Good. Hey how about the fearsomeness of Jango and Calo Nord?"
"Yea, they are some very fearsome bounty hunters."

You had to be there i guess...

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

My dad even knows who Boba Fett is and only about four other sw charicters Vader, Luke, Liea, Solo, and Chewie.  So Boba Fett is a better known Bounty hunter than anyone else.

Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

Just to clarify, I meant they are the same person in that they have the same basic potential as each other. Of course they are not the same literal person. As for Jango not being be an intermediary, perhaps you should read the visual dictionary. A little sentence begining, "Fett has become so profesionally formidable ...." In any case of course of Boba was better than Jango, that's what Jango had him made for. And of Course Jango was elite. He is specifically called the best bounty hunter in the galaxy.

I think it is unfair to compare the Fetts. Jango was Mandalorian and he cared about mandos and had feelings. Boba was the perfect hunter, cold calculating and ruthless. Jango was the perfect warrior.

Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

Jango was definately a better Mandalore thann Boba.  At least until Boba makes an effort to become more Mando.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

And just for the record, Jango was as well known as Boba. Read shatterpoint. A Bunch of kids on a back water world not only know him but he is their hero!

Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

Virtually everybody knows who Boba is. A fair portion of the Galaxy knew who Jango was.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

last mando standing wrote:

Just to clarify, I meant they are the same person in that they have the same basic potential as each other. Of course they are not the same literal person. As for Jango not being be an intermediary, perhaps you should read the visual dictionary. A little sentence begining, "Fett has become so profesionally formidable ...." In any case of course of Boba was better than Jango, that's what Jango had him made for. And of Course Jango was elite. He is specifically called the best bounty hunter in the galaxy.

I think it is unfair to compare the Fetts. Jango was Mandalorian and he cared about mandos and had feelings. Boba was the perfect hunter, cold calculating and ruthless. Jango was the perfect warrior.

since you obliged to be so rude in your post (intentionally or not) I have a rebuttle.

last mando standing wrote:

Isn't the answer to all this obvious? Of course Jango was as smart as Boba they are the same person.

This inferrs that you believe their intelligence is equal due to the fact that Boba is a clone of Jango. Not that you thought they had the same potential.

Also, Definition- Intermediary:
An intermediary is a third party that offers intermediation services between two trading parties.

Jango hired help from mercs and assassins to suppliment his strength and cover his weaknesses. As others have stated, he also worked well with others because of his innate leadership abilities. This in no way makes him an Intermediary.

last mando standing wrote:

And of Course Jango was elite. He is specifically called the best bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Sorry that not everyone agrees with your personal opinion of Jango. As we have seen Draco and others have explained their reasons for denying Jango of his "Elite" status.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

48 (edited by IG-88 Tuesday, December 19, 2006 3:55 am)

Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

Sev Fett wrote:

Jango was definately a better Mandalore thann Boba.  At least until Boba makes an effort to become more Mando.

That geos without saying Boba wasnt brought  up by the mandalorians and he didnt serve for them so of course he isnt going to be much of a mandalore.

I dont think of Jango as thick but i am certain he is no were near as smart as Boba.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

49 (edited by draco fett Tuesday, December 19, 2006 2:59 pm)

Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

last mando standing wrote:

A Bunch of kids on a back water world not only know him but he is their hero!

That is why they have insane asylums in the Star Wars galaxy.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Jango. Elite bounty hunter?

Can see that fetterthanyou has a problem containing strong emotions. A shame really that fans of the same guy can't get along. Very well I will bow to your obviously vast wisdom, even if you can't understand the meaning of intermediary:) Ridiculous topic anyway, clearly Jango was an elite bounty hunter so why are we even discussing it?

Peace out.