Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

This is slightly off topic but , I also thought George Lucas wanted to make 3-D versions of all the SW movies... is this true?
And also, when will production of this live action show begin, any ideas?

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

Yeah, I heard about the 3D versions, that's what he's working on. He's too smart to waste his time working on a tv series when he could be working on his 3D versions. As far as I know they'll come out sometime in the next few years.

As for production of the live action show? Well, considering I've been hearing rumors of it since the early 2000s, I don't really think there'll be a show. (and there was much rejoycing)

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

I've heard the 3D versions come out next year in time for the 30th anniversary. As for the show, I heard its supposed to come out after them. Or something like that.

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

Miba wrote:

(and there was much rejoycing)

Yaaaaaaaaay.

Full 3D versions?   That would take forever if they wanted it to look perfect.
At least they could make the slow lightsaber fights a little bit more...interesting.

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

Yeah, the 3D movies will be awesome. Especially RotS.


I heard the TV series would be coming out in 2007, so you can never be sure...

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

I'd rather see ESB in 3D. Can you imagine? Glorious 3D Boba pushing a 3D Han carbonite block....

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

I certaintly hope they take the time to recoreograph the Sarlacc scene to give Boba a little more...respectability.
And I would love to see a CGI rancor...one that moves faster than an old guy with arthiritis.

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

BalanceSheet wrote:

I certaintly hope they take the time to recoreograph the Sarlacc scene to give Boba a little more...respectability.
And I would love to see a CGI rancor...one that moves faster than an old guy with arthiritis.

Lol, yeah, those would be some nice updates.

On another note, do you (you as in anyone veiwing this post) think they will be releasing these 3D versions on DVD?

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

...what else would they release it on besides DVD and PSP?

VHS is hideously obsolete.  DVDs can carry higher quality images anyway...

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

BalanceSheet wrote:

...what else would they release it on besides DVD and PSP?

VHS is hideously obsolete.  DVDs can carry higher quality images anyway...

I just assumed they would show the 3D versions in theaters...

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

In theatres?   Hmmm.....
Really not sure about that, but they most likely would show them in theatres, as releasing them straight-to-video would not be a profitably wise thing to do if they put a lot of money into making them...And a theatre release (if some content aspects related to technological limitations of the day were modified to improve the overall movie) would almost definetely get all the Star Wars fans back in the theaters and make a few hundred million for George.

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

Oh, alright... I was thinking I wouldn't seen 3D SW until I had kids, lol! You know, George Lucas still has a lot more plans for Star Wars and well, he isn't exactly in his prime anymore... what if he ends up dieing before the TV series is made? I wonder if they would still go through with it... Not that I want him to drop dead or anything! I'm not that kind of person.

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

Manji_Ninja wrote:

You know, George Lucas still has a lot more plans for Star Wars and well, he isn't exactly in his prime anymore... what if he ends up dieing before the TV series is made? I wonder if they would still go through with it... Not that I want him to drop dead or anything! I'm not that kind of person.

He's not that old.  I figure he's got at fifteen years tops...fifteen years before I can take over and RULE HIS WRETCHED EMPIRE!
And even if he died, they'd still go through with a TV series, depending on how long they'd worked on it.  Or they might just do it without him, what does he know about Star Wars anyway?

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

39 (edited by Sarin Kerivor Thursday, February 23, 2006 5:57 am)

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

I, for one, am looking forward to a Star Wars TV series. Sure, Lucas is likely to butcher Fett if indeed he's in there at all, but there's always the off-chance he'll get it right. And even if he doesn't, Boba Fett is something that cannot be ruined.

Let's face it: at least half of us are Fett fans not because we're enamored of his (lack of?) good looks, or because 'his armor owns, man!' but because we see something in him we either identify with or value. True, the fact that he's a Mandalorian and a bounty hunter is cool, but would it be so cool if he was a womanzing pig who cared for nothing but credits and what it could buy him? I think not. He's an embodiment of many values that our own world seems to have lost: honor, justice, duty, loyalty... without these, Boba Fett would be another face in the very large Star Wars crowd. Think about it: there's no Lando Calrissian fanclub. Wonder why?

So Lucas can -try- to ruin Fett. He's botched him enough as it is, but has that deterred us? No. Because he is still the same, regardless of what dumb stories he's written into. If we don't like what we see, we'll write fanfics and make fanfilms to portray him the way he should be. Boba's virtues still stand, and the grim and bitter visage that balances them out does too. As long as those remain, so will the bounty hunter we know and love. This is why even George Lucas can't kill Boba Fett.

Wow, I didn't know I had that in me...

"There is no greater good than justice," -Boba Fett

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

that would be a good show

What if he doesn't survive?He's worth alot to me

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

Sarin Kerivor wrote:

I, for one, am looking forward to a Star Wars TV series. Sure, Lucas is likely to butcher Fett if indeed he's in there at all, but there's always the off-chance he'll get it right. And even if he doesn't, Boba Fett is something that cannot be ruined.

Let's face it: at least half of us are Fett fans not because we're enamored of his (lack of?) good looks, or because 'his armor owns, man!' but because we see something in him we either identify with or value. True, the fact that he's a Mandalorian and a bounty hunter is cool, but would it be so cool if he was a womanzing pig who cared for nothing but credits and what it could buy him? I think not. He's an embodiment of many values that our own world seems to have lost: honor, justice, duty, loyalty... without these, Boba Fett would be another face in the very large Star Wars crowd. Think about it: there's no Lando Calrissian fanclub. Wonder why?

So Lucas can -try- to ruin Fett. He's botched him enough as it is, but has that deterred us? No. Because he is still the same, regardless of what dumb stories he's written into. If we don't like what we see, we'll write fanfics and make fanfilms to portray him the way he should be. Boba's virtues still stand, and the grim and bitter visage that balances them out does too. As long as those remain, so will the bounty hunter we know and love. This is why even George Lucas can't kill Boba Fett.

Wow, I didn't know I had that in me...

http://www.xanga.com/groups/group.aspx?id=1228128 tongue

Exactly, you have a good point. Our Boba Fettish cannot be taken away! As you said, when Episode II came out we stayed fans. It just allowed people to beleive what they want to beleive. The more different Fett versions there are, the more a mystery he will become and the more people who will like him.

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

The more versions and veirities, the more we'll be devided, the more devided we are the more fights that'll break out. Fights will cause different SW groups to break off and become their own little groups and they'll all interfight and soon we'll be broken down and defeated.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

Miba wrote:

The more versions and veirities, the more we'll be devided, the more devided we are the more fights that'll break out. Fights will cause different SW groups to break off and become their own little groups and they'll all interfight and soon we'll be broken down and defeated.

It really just depends on the people. If people are smart, they will let people beleive what they want to beleive. If they don't, then they just prove their own stupidity. Of course, as you say, it will happen. There are too many stupid people out there... But there is nothing we can do to prevent this TV series from coming out, so we can just hope for the best. smile

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

Sonofabantha!! I SEARCHED just to make sure that statement was true!!! -_-;;

Yeah, we're likely to end up the same way the Guild did... but once again, only the stupid people will get their panties in a knot about it. No matter who he is or where he comes from the real fans are going to realize that he is the same person.

"There is no greater good than justice," -Boba Fett

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

And if it becomes too much of a problem, Aaron can just make a rule against it.

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

A rule against what?  Debate?
I think arguing and factionizing are fun...remember, the Bounty Hunters Guild was corrupt, decaying, its hunters ineffective because they never competed for anything.  The subsequent factionizing brought on by Fett's arrival fixed that up, and got the hunters doing their job properly and effectively.
Not the same situation...but it's more fun when not everyone agrees about something...unless things get ugly, which yeah, we would need to crack down on flaming and such.

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

47 (edited by KudarMubat15 Saturday, February 25, 2006 5:56 am)

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

BalanceSheet wrote:

A rule against what?  Debate?
I think arguing and factionizing are fun...remember, the Bounty Hunters Guild was corrupt, decaying, its hunters ineffective because they never competed for anything.  The subsequent factionizing brought on by Fett's arrival fixed that up, and got the hunters doing their job properly and effectively.
Not the same situation...but it's more fun when not everyone agrees about something...unless things get ugly, which yeah, we would need to crack down on flaming and such.

No, not debate. Certain debates that have been done before and caused flame wars. I do agree that debates can be fun, but when you have participated in the same debate 5 times and they always end up in a flame war, either people need banning or new rules need to be made to prevent it.


And when I say rules against it, I simply mean rules against a certain type of debate: the debate(s) causing the problem. For example, on many sites "Who will you vote for" topics during the presidential elections tend to get vicious, and I have seen sites make rules against that. Also topics like, "Creation vs Evolution".

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

Check out what I found!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_ … _TV_series

{MW}--[color=#FF0000]"Death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]
"I wonder what the weather is like on Kamino right now?" Delta 62, Scorch.

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

Boba Dude wrote:

Check out what I found!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_ … _TV_series

I see... I don't know why I didn't think to look on wiki. >_< According to that, Daniel will be in it, and will be playing Fett... Very interesting...

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

I don't trust Wiki. Not just because of this, but because I've never trusted them.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music