Re: Do You Think Lucas Will Re-make The 4, 5, and 6 Movies

Miba wrote:

If he does remake them as in film whole new movies I think I'll stop being a fan, sell my collection on ebay and turn to ST. That's how awful it would be.

You could always try Battlestar Galactica...easier transition.

Miba wrote:

How can one overlook the total and complete destruction of their fandom?

If you take enough pills anything's possible.

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

There's actually been quite a few SW tv shows, and yes, swdc.com is my site.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

I think...if they re-made them....I'd still be a fan....
But thats just me.

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

29 (edited by Fetterthanyou Sunday, December 24, 2006 4:08 pm)

But which warring faction would you join!?

We must rise up against the Newbies in order to destroy the chances of remakes once and for all!!!
JOIN THE CAUSE!!!

---this message supported and created by the corporation for The Original Staw Wars Faction.
    and the letter O.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Maltese Kentaiba wrote:

Let's not advise anything stupid.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Yea, that's probably a good idea...

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

32 (edited by Gustavo_Perez Tuesday, December 26, 2006 9:13 pm)

draco fett wrote:
Maltese Kentaiba wrote:

Let's not advise anything stupid.

Lol

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

If anything why not make something like Episode 3.5 that shows the complete destruction of the Jedi and the subjugation of more planets into the Empire, then actually make the Shadows of the Empire into a movie as number 4.5. then you don't mess up the "O"riginals and you get all the new graphics in the original story line.

Miba wrote:

There's actually been quite a few SW tv shows, and yes, swdc.com is my site.

Ok cool

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

as far as tv shows go, i can only think of 4.  holiday special, droids, ewoks, and clone wars.  clone wars pretty much rocked.  the other three, not so much.  if there are any that i'm missing please let me know.

There were the two live action Ewok shows, which were really, really awful.
The Holiday Special, which obviously sucks.
Ewoks cartoons which are cute but not all that great.
Droids, which is really weird.
And Clone Wars which is so not canon, yet everyone thinks it is and those who know it's not are in the minority and no one belives them anyway, which is precisely my point on why tv shows should never be made cause then things like this happen where it contradicts set canon and yet no one cares or believes it.

I hated them making clone wars sad.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

weren't the ewok shows actually made for tv movies with wilford brimley quaker oatmeal goodness?  my old roommates girlfriend bought them on DVD.  that may be part of the reason i'm not roommates with that guy any more.  ewok adventure, and battle for endor.  they were feature length, so i don't really consider them to be tv shows.  they were spin-off movies.  and as for clone wars not being cannon; why the hell not?  the action, story, characters, dialogue was better in that than episodes 1-3 combined.  ok, seriously it's not that good, but it is better than anything that has gone before it as far as televised star wars goes.  and the ewok movies are cannon.

Does anyone know if G-dawg is gunna come out with the special extended editions of the first three, kinda like 456?????

ā€œ(Iā€™m) Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the a$$.ā€ -John McClane

Why Clone Wars isn't canon:
1. The Mace episodes. Seriously, even a powerful Jedi would have broken, bloody, bleeding hands after punching a battle droid several times, not to mention leaping probably a mile's length up a hill? Withstanding the blast of wind that knocks over everything else without even flinching? Riiiiiiiiiiight. Sure I believe that, uh huh, ok.

2. The call to Coruscant. Gee, isn't it kinda funny how the book Labrinth of Evil already had the canon set that Palpatine calls Anakin back to Coruscant while on a planet (I forget it's name), but for some reason this tv show decides to show Mace calling Anakin back while he's on Nelvaan?

3. Durge. Now, the character Durge itself might be canon. For him to be shot repeatedly like that, only to "explode" into this super-huge monster who's arms can stretch across the length of a wide room, pulling with them the weight of several full grown men in armor.... I don't think so. Oh, and there's no possible way he could have swallowed Obi into himself like that.

And probably more reasons but I'd have to rewatch it again.

If Anikin had, say, neon blue hair during the entire series, everyone would agree that it is non-canon. I strugle to see how people see it as canon while every character is deformed.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

saint_nasty wrote:

weren't the ewok shows actually made for tv movies with wilford brimley quaker oatmeal goodness?  my old roommates girlfriend bought them on DVD.  that may be part of the reason i'm not roommates with that guy any more.  ewok adventure, and battle for endor.  they were feature length, so i don't really consider them to be tv shows.  they were spin-off movies.  and as for clone wars not being cannon; why the hell not?  the action, story, characters, dialogue was better in that than episodes 1-3 combined.  ok, seriously it's not that good, but it is better than anything that has gone before it as far as televised star wars goes.  and the ewok movies are cannon.

Well, there WAS an actual (horrible) Ewok TV show that was a cartoon, like the (also horrible) Droids cartoon. Only difference is in the Ewok show they all speak English. I garantee you'd have to pay me several million dollars to make me watch that crap. And I'll be on the floor crying in the fetal position the entire time too.

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!