Topic: New Feature: Rate Topic

Just added a new modification to the board:

RATE TOPIC

The intent for this is to further seek out and promote user-rated content. It is certainly not about an individual popularity contest.

You can now rate any topic in any forum here (one vote per user per topic). As the votes add up across the hundreds of posts here -- rated high or low by you alongside any other member -- we'll add in a better display of the live and ongoing results.

If it's not useful, we may pull it, but I think it's worth a try.

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

2 (edited by Dageen Fett Wednesday, September 20, 2006 6:32 pm)

Re: New Feature: Rate Topic

i think its a good idea,ill give it a try.--gave it a try, when would we find out what others think out of curiosity?

"I will bet all my Star Wars guys. Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Except Boba Fett. No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett man."
―Peter Griffin

As soon as I piece it together. wink Thanks for voting on the hardest to file collectibles. big_smile

Founder/Editor, BFFC

no prob, hopefully it takes off it seems like a really cool concept for the site.

"I will bet all my Star Wars guys. Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Except Boba Fett. No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett man."
―Peter Griffin

You can now see the average rating, if any (so far) beside the topic when you're looking at the full forum. You can see the "rate topic" beside "post reply" on any of the topic pages.

Expect more subtle changes as more results come in.

Founder/Editor, BFFC

Glad you're not bored, ARC.

Open question for the readers here:

A. user-tagged votes, or
B. anonymous votes

Right now, it's built to show the users and their vote tally, but it can be turned off to just do everything except that. Hurt feelings for low-rank topic fans and who "buried" them? Or tough luck and feedback on what the voters think?

Founder/Editor, BFFC

7 (edited by Boba Dude Wednesday, September 20, 2006 7:45 pm)

umm, do both?
Make a little check box....
I think that would be cool.
It would depend on the topic though.

BD

{MW}--[color=#FF0000]"Death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]
"I wonder what the weather is like on Kamino right now?" Delta 62, Scorch.

Not an option. One "or" the other, buddy.

Founder/Editor, BFFC

I don't like the idea. It makes it a popularity contest for the popular members: their topics would be highly rated even if not all that great. But someone with a really good topic thats not nearly as popular would be poorly rated, and the rating would inaccuratly show the topics worth.

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

CeciliaCrimsondragonFett wrote:

It makes it a popularity contest for the popular members: their topics would be highly rated even if not all that great.

How? One vote per person. There's no group for "popular" members suggesting they vote for themselves and their friends. If it's totally useless, I would agree, but so far, it's an alternative to the moderators "sticking" solid topics.

CeciliaCrimsondragonFett wrote:

But someone with a really good topic thats not nearly as popular would be poorly rated, and the rating would inaccuratly show the topics worth.

Again, how? One person can't spike it. It's not like people start out at zero and climb to the top. The threshold right now is just 5.

Founder/Editor, BFFC

BFFC Admin wrote:

Not an option. One "or" the other, buddy.

oh, okay then. B for me big_smile

{MW}--[color=#FF0000]"Death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]
"I wonder what the weather is like on Kamino right now?" Delta 62, Scorch.

i also say B. smile

―Peter Griffin

Any more votes on this? Looks like it might be anonymous, but still with one vote per user per topic (unlike some voting going on around here wink ).

Founder/Editor, BFFC

In the interest of peace, I vote B cool

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Due to lack of usage, this feature is on hiatus.

Founder/Editor, BFFC