Re: Pirates and other stereotypes

True Warrior wrote:
Mandalor_the_Smart_Alec wrote:

That movie sucked though!

That movie really did suck! George clooney was an AWEFUL Batman! He sucked!!! mad

Christian Bale played a surprisingly good batman in Batman begins.

Another stereotype is that geeks are always smart weaklings that sit in their room all day. I know people who can easily be classified this way (D&D, excessive computer use without sports or outside time) and some of them are barely passing their classes. Also, I will admit to playing excessive video games, trying D&D, and yet still play 3 sports (Soccer, Golf, Basketball).

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Christian Bale was good. He's good in most things...*cough*American Psycho*cough*Equilibrium*cough*

No offense but other than chess, golf is usually the second geek sport... I guess it would fit in this catagory then... I happen to be a geek and suck at both... Well, actually I suck at all sports but I do like soccer and basketball.

I don't know how this one will go over, but what about the stereotype that God is an old man with a huge grey beard and Einstein-ish hair? I personally think God looks more my grandad: short, mostly bald, and with a simple mustache.

There's only one Return, and it ain't of the King... It's of the Jedi.

Equilibrium was one of the best movies I've seen in a long while.

Or the stereotype that Dragon Ball Z created for anime.

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

Or that a good number of Shonen animes and mangas have the main characters using googles as a part of fashion. There is also the Stormtrooper effect.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Googles? you mean goggles?

(BFFC Moderator)

31 (edited by draco fett Wednesday, August 2, 2006 8:33 pm)

Yes I do. I need sleep. Oh well, too bad.

I couldn't spell it either when I tried earlier.

(BFFC Moderator)

StarWars Fanboys vs. Trekkies. My best friend is a Trekkie, I'm a Trekkie, but we both like StarWars. Most people I know like both, I've never seen either genre of Fanboys go after each other.

They say that dreamers are an extinct breed. I say they're wrong.

My dad always fools around and throws random stuff at me, saying "Use those video game reflexes." For a while I thought he was right, but it turns out i just have good reflexes. I tried it with my friend who plays games as much as I do, the water bottle exploded after bouncing off his hands, the wall, and then finally the ground. So people who play video games don't always have good reflexes.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Also, how every single spy in movies and what not are like James Bond, who could barely be considered a spy.

Atinvod wrote:

StarWars Fanboys vs. Trekkies. My best friend is a Trekkie, I'm a Trekkie, but we both like StarWars. Most people I know like both, I've never seen either genre of Fanboys go after each other.

This one Trekkie though, I almost hit him after he said Voyager could waste a Star Destroyer with about 4 torpedoes, along with the Death Star and pretty much every other craft in the Star Wars universe. Maybe not Trekkies as a whole, but that one almost screwed himself over.

And the movies make James Bond into more of a Rambo, without the ridiculous amount of muscle. The bad guys shoot about as well as a stormtrooper, and if you think in terms of if the movies were real - why doesn't this guy get old?

"Alright, they're in front of us, they're behind us, they're on our left, they're on our right.....they can't get away this time."
-Lewis B. Puller, United States Marine Corp

Women in movies often scream a lot or are excessively squeamish around violence, gore, bugs, etc.  You hardly ever see guys afraid of bugs in movies.

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator