Topic: Do you think Boba Fett is Force sensitive and why?

It was recently brought up in the FETT UNMASKED thread that one of the Star Wars RPG games possibly had Boba Fett as being Force sensitive.

John Rot Duart wrote:

About his Force sensitivity, I saw a write up of Boba Fett for the Star Wars RPG, (the original pre-d20 system), long ago, and he was listed as untrained but with nine dark side points!  So this means that whenever he wants to excell in something, all he has to do is get pissed off, which is hardly a change in his normal behavior, and exert his will.  It is an inert, latent ability for him, that he doesn't really understand.  Conan the Barbarian had latent psionic talents (wild empathy and a danger sense) in this fashion.  For those who don't know what a dark side point can do when used, it can effectively double, or even triple, your effort to achieve something.  The clones minds are tampered with, so perhaps they can't access their abilities in the Force.  Perhaps this means that they don't even have the sensitivity any longer.  I can't fairly speculate on it without reading all that's written on the subject, but it makes sense to me so far.  The old Star Wars game didn't rate Fett's level of sensitivity as compared to what's needed for Jedi/Sith training, but that's because it just wasn't part of the game.  You either had it or you didn't, and it was a skill to be developed through experience and leveling.  Nine points was a lot of power to play with!

I was wondering what everyone elses thoughts were on this?  I know I personally don't think he is, because I don't consider the RPG's a source of cannon for Fett lore.  However, many consider the Expanded Universe books as a source of cannon.  More specifically, Tales from Jabba's Palace, The Bounty Hunter Wars, and Tales of the Bounty Hunters, gives us a very in depth look at Boba Fett, as a character.  Lucas, though, has pretty much said, that if it wasn't in the actual movie, then it's not really cannon, per say.  This was shown when the Jaster Mereel origin of Boba Fett, as told in Tales of the Bounty Hunters, was ignored entirely, in favor of Boba being an unaltered clone of Jango Fett.  So, if that part of the story can't be considered cannon, how then, can the rest of the story be?  It would seem, then, we sometimes pick and choose what we would like to be cannon, in regards to our favorite bounty hunter.  The comic book, Jango Fett: Open Seasons, helped tidy up a bit, the Jaster Mereel part of the Boba Fett myhos, however, what makes these more plausible as a cannon source than an RPG game?  After all, wasn't Jodo Kast's first appearance chronicled in the Star Wars RPG "Tatooine Manhunt?" 

I do recall, at one time, there was a list of midi-chlorian counts that was floating around.  It was on Supershadow's webpage, who is not considered to be a very reliable source, so where he obtained this info is beyond me.  However, it listed all the main characters in the Star Wars universe, with Anakin Skywalker being at the top, of course.  Boba and Jango Fett were listed there as well, albeit with a very low count.  One that a "normal" person would have, since supposedly "everyone" has midi-chlorians floating around in them.  It's just the one's with an extraordinarily high count that end up becoming Jedi.

Midi-Chlorian count list:
http://www.supershadow.com/starwars/midi.html

So, what do you think?  Boba Fett: Force sensitive or not?  Since this is sure to be a debated topic, I would remind everyone of the FORUM rules and to be mindful of them.  Don't get all bent out of shape over nothing.  Remember, IT'S JUST A MOVIE AND IT'S ALL MAKE BELIEVE.  Be respectful of everyone's opinions, no matter what they may be.  Just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion, doesn't give you the right to make chiding, degrading, or threatening comments.  Such conduct is not tolerated on the boards.  Now, debate away!!

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

2 (edited by John Rot Duart Sunday, July 2, 2006 5:20 am)

Re: Do you think Boba Fett is Force sensitive and why?

Where did that list originate from?  I've got a problem with Jango and Boba having such a low rating, especially compared to Chewy!!  How about these facts, (considering all sources open): 

Jango drew and gunned down an armed jedi. 

Jango went toe to toe with Obi-wan and not only survived, but nearly beat him! 

Jango qualified as the blueprint of the ultimate soldier.

Boba outflew/outgunned/outdid four IG-88s in short order.

Boba's only non-jedi threat in a quick-draw is Han Solo (and he's as fast as his ship). 

Boba kept his mind intact in the maddening telepathic belly of the Sarlecc. 

These are all minor miracles that no ordinary being could accomplish...

"Be Like Boba."  J. R. Duart -2006
WWJD - What Would Jango Do?

What?

John Rot Duart wrote:

Where did that list originate from?  I've got a problem with Jango and Boba having such a low rating, especially compared to Chewy!!  How about these facts, (considering all sources open): 

These are all minor miracles that no ordinary being could accomplish...

I do not trust SuperShadow one bit. According to him, he is friends with George Lucas, has the scripts to "Episodes Seven, Eight, and Nine."

Fett is no ordinary being. Fett has had a lot of experiance.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

I don't trust Supershadow either. I also don't think RPG materal is canon. I always figured RPG books tended to twist things to better fit the game-play. Like in those Choose Your Own Adventure SW books, there wasn't really this unnamed character running around, cause this character was created to be played by you while you read the book.

As for darkside-lightside points... in KOTOR everyone has a chart of how light side and dark side they are. Doesn't mean they're Force sensative at all. Like Carth appeared as medium light side. But he couldn't use the Force at all. Should we assume Carth is Force Sensative just because he has light side points?

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

The dark/light rating in KOTOR must reflect a character's alignment, like the good/evil & law/chaos standings from D&D.  In the SW rpg, only characters with Force sensitivity can accumulate those points.  Other characters have character points that they can use to "get real lucky", like that infamous moment after Solo said "Boba Fett?!  Where?!"  Sorry to have to use that example.  It was rude, crude, and socially unacceptable.

I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be Force sensitive. Being Force sensitive doesn't automatically put you in the Jedi range. I think he knows of his sensitivity only as "instincts".

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

To be a Jedi,a person must have over 7.000 midichlorians.Boba may be force sensitive but 1st:He lived in an era when the Jedi order didn't exist.And 2nd:If he was considered for Sith training,he wouldn't make it because the Emperor believed in "A master,1 apprentice at a time"So Boba was better used as a bounty hunter thanks to his advanced reflexes and senses.

"Your passions give you strength, and through strength you gain power. You have seen it, you feel it. You must break your chains."

So it's likely then that if his midichlorians were in the accepted range, Sidious and Vader would have left him alone, and not kill him, because of his servitude to the Empire.  They would have ignored his potential and just kept him busy.

We should have a word with whoever rated the Fetts at 1500.

Yeah,most likely.

"Your passions give you strength, and through strength you gain power. You have seen it, you feel it. You must break your chains."

11 (edited by John Rot Duart Saturday, July 1, 2006 1:54 am)

Mara wrote:

What?

What part of "This guy is so amazing that he and his father must surely have an abundance of midichlorians enhancing their actions." didn't you understand.  tongue

LOL! lol

But, see, now that's the same as the superman vs batman thing. Batman's good cause he gets his superpowers by working for them, he's someone anyone could be if they tried hard enough though likely they'd fail, cause Batman just is that good. Superman gets his powers naturally cause he was born with them. Now, which would Boba and Jango be? The "Meh, I was born this way, I don't have to work for anything." type? Or the "I worked hard for this, so I deserve every bit of the reward I get." type? I'm not sure if this made sense to any of you, but it did to me when it was still in my head instead if in writing.

Yeah,Miba you have a point.But personally I think both Jango and Boba worked hard.Although Draco won't agree with the Jango part.... wink

He might be

You must find the jade monkey in 3 days becuse if you do not find it you and your family will burst into a bursty blue flame of death hahahahhahahahahahaaaahhahahahahhahahhahahahhaha

welcome to BFFC Complex Hunter. smile

And I think Boba might have a lil force sensitiveness in him. Who knows....

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Thankes for the welcome dude

You must find the jade monkey in 3 days becuse if you do not find it you and your family will burst into a bursty blue flame of death hahahahhahahahahahaaaahhahahahahhahahhahahahhaha

Sure, dude. smile

Darth Maul Clone wrote:

To be a Jedi,a person must have over 7.000 midichlorians.Boba may be force sensitive but 1st:He lived in an era when the Jedi order didn't exist.And 2nd:If he was considered for Sith training,he wouldn't make it because the Emperor believed in "A master,1 apprentice at a time"So Boba was better used as a bounty hunter thanks to his advanced reflexes and senses.

He,hehe.....nice point. VERY nice point, DMC. He's totaly right. But Boba DID live in an era when the jedi order existed, just not for long. And I also agree with CCDF on Fett not having to be jedi to be force sensitive. Everyone has the force in them, they just might not be strong with it.

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

19 (edited by John Rot Duart Saturday, July 1, 2006 4:02 pm)

Oh, there's no doubt that they've both earned their way to greatness, but we're talking about superhuman levels, aren't we?  Boba Fett could eat Batman for breakfast fresh out of a dead sleep.  True, he couldn't stand for long against Superman, but who could?  I know it sounds like I'm not taking this very seriously, so I'll get back on track.

The Fetts should be rated at an intermediate level of Force Sensitivity, I'd put them in Chewy's place at 7200 "mcs".  Chewy would have been trained by Yoda if he had that high of a rating, so I'd bump him down to under 7k, say 4 or 5k.  While I'm at it, let's kick Mace Windu upstairs where he belongs to 4th place at 16k mcs, (he was winning against Palpatine, after all, until the Atomic Punk showed up).  And lastly, I've always felt that Solo himself was fairly close to having it at his disposal, so he would have 6900 mcs.

What say you?

He's not. Next question.

Killjoy!  Prove he's not with an argument, if you can.

I still don't think he is force sensitive.  I've made my argument for it above, though.  However, if you want to get technical, according to the Star Wars universe, every living thing has midichlorians in it.  Therefore, every living thing would be force sensitive, right?  See, I don't believe that.  Or that's probably why they came up with that Midi-chlorian count, in order to separate the "average" midichlorian count from the "Jedi" level count.  It's been stated somewhere before that all Wookies have an above average connection to the Force, but that doesn't make them all Jedi.  I think that Han and the Fett's have that "average" human being midi-chlorian count.  They got where they are by hard work, determination, and sheer force of will.

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

John Rot Duart wrote:

Oh, there's no doubt that they've both earned their way to greatness, but we're talking about superhuman levels, aren't we?  Boba Fett could eat Batman for breakfast fresh out of a dead sleep.  True, he couldn't stand for long against Superman, but who could?  I know it sounds like I'm not taking this very seriously, so I'll get back on track.

The Fetts should be rated at an intermediate level of Force Sensitivity, I'd put them in Chewy's place at 7200 "mcs".  Chewy would have been trained by Yoda if he had that high of a rating, so I'd bump him down to under 7k, say 4 or 5k.  While I'm at it, let's kick Mace Windu upstairs where he belongs to 4th place at 16k mcs, (he was winning against Palpatine, after all, until the Atomic Punk showed up).  And lastly, I've always felt that Solo himself was fairly close to having it at his disposal, so he would have 6900 mcs.

What say you?

Well, yeah, Boba would deffinately defeat Batman, and maybe Superman too. But that wasn't really what I meant. lol I was trying to be relative... metaphorical... whichever word's the right one.

As for Mace, he wasn't really winning against Palpatine. Did you ever catch the line where Palpatine says "Power! Unlimited power!!!"? Well, that was Palpatine telling Mace he was fool for thinking he could defeat him cause the Dark Side gives him unlimited power and as such he could have taken Mace at any time, and the only reason he didn't was cause he was waiting for Anakin to be there so Anakin could see them setup with Mace cornering Palpatine. Really now, if Palpatine was "too weak" he couldn't have suddenly zapped Mace again, and sat up like that with so much energy. Unless he was faking Palpatine has one hell of a recovery rate. But I guess that's not what this topic is for...

So anyway, I don't think Boba's all that Force Sensative, maybe a slight bit but not much at all.

24 (edited by John Rot Duart Sunday, July 2, 2006 5:27 am)

In the book to Episode III, Mace brings the fight over to the window and shatters the window, letting in the rain and making the footing treacherous, knowing that it will distract a Sith Lord who is ruled by fear and ego.  He disarms Sideous and is channeling his Force Strike back into him, melting the bones in his face with his own fury.  Sideous somehow survived those effects but it doesn't explain how other than mentioning the reshaping of his skull.  But they were both on the verge of losing control.  It seemed that Windu would have won at the expense of his own life, but the Emperor was going down quicker, and would have perished before Mace lost his ability to redirect the energy with his own Vapraak style of combat and philosophy which functions in a gray area to the Dark Side.

I accept this as cannon since Lucas must have approved the writing.

Of course you weren't suggesting a match between Fett and the others, Miba.  I was just trying to be funny and cryptic.  My wit doesn't always fly, and when it does I sometimes end up smashing into a sailbarge.  Ouch, there I go again with the Boba puns!

Even if Fett was Force-sensative, he would probably not use it, as he hates the Jedi.

take it easy baby take it as it comes