Re: Is Fett evil?

I think that most people like Fett because in some alternate universe way.
Take me for an example.I lost my grandfather around the same age as Boba lost his father.Papaw G was like my father so I can relate to that and simpithize(I'm also a hopelessly bad speller).I picked up the series about him and admired the way he acted and the way he stuck to his morals.He probably doesn't take sardonic pleasure in his killings but,he doesn't feel bad about it either-he doesn't dream...
I also think that most people like the Sith and the such because if they were Sith they could get away with lust and other sins of the sort and have no guilt over it.I happen to like the Sith because,if you've played KOTOR,you know that they take matters into their own hands and don't sit around on their butts and 'meditate' over it.
To quote BFFC Chrys:
                                good intentions,bad methods
And to make everyone happy and not offened,let's stay off the war subject.I'm not offended but,some probably are.

They say that dreamers are an extinct breed. I say they're wrong.

I think that they show boba fett working with the empire and other dark organizations because they want to give you a little......i mean little*  evil/dark vibe....when you see boba. They also want to show ya how he should be feared.......as he is by most in the sw galaxy. Only those who hire him were not in fear because they knew that at that moment......he was hired out and was their pawn to use. On the other hand.....i think there is a good side to him where he only does it for the money.....not caring who/what he has to hunt. After all.............he is seeking bounty (bounty hunter). I get a vibe that is like........independant, Hard to the core, Ruthless, Feared, Mysterious thing that is only controlled by 1 person.....himself!!!!   that is what makes BOBA FETT my favorite charactor.

MandalorianSpy9

“(I’m) Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the a$$.” -John McClane

MandalorianSpy9 wrote:

I think that they show boba fett working with the empire and other dark organizations because they want to give you a little......i mean little*  evil/dark vibe....when you see boba. They also want to show ya how he should be feared.......as he is by most in the sw galaxy. Only those who hire him were not in fear because they knew that at that moment......he was hired out and was their pawn to use. On the other hand.....i think there is a good side to him where he only does it for the money.....not caring who/what he has to hunt. After all.............he is seeking bounty (bounty hunter). I get a vibe that is like........independant, Hard to the core, Ruthless, Feared, Mysterious thing that is only controlled by 1 person.....himself!!!!   that is what makes BOBA FETT my favorite charactor.

MandalorianSpy9

exactly...

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Never in my entire life have I ever heard it that well put.

Spy is the best at that kind of thing. smile

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Now I've been....absent, for awhile, and I know most people don't bother reading the older posts. So, I'll restate my opinion.

Boba Fett, I steadfastly believe, is a justice-dealer. Now justice, especially natural justice, isn't always pretty, but it's right. If I saw a rapist strapped to four trucks by his extremeties, and had them all floor it in different directions, I'd think, "Excessive, but not wrong."

Killing by itself is no sin, the commandments be damned, it's the motive behind it that defines its moral significance. If one kills for pleasure, then they in turn deserve to be killed in justice. I compare Boba to The Punisher, and see many similarities. They don't just kill for revenge, for as the latter said:

"In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue... natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No. Not vengeance. This is punishment."

And as Boba Fett himself said:

"There is no greater good than justice."

They're killers, but they're not evil. They're brutal, but they're no sinners. For all their wanton slaughter, I see no greater good than men like these two.

"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!" - Belkar

SciFifreak90 wrote:

It's the motive behind it that defines its moral significance.

Okay, well said.  I can second that.

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

I third it...but, and I looked this up, didn't Boba once think to himself that the reason that he didn't dream was because he had no remorse/regrets and that he was somewhat a just man? What's your views on that?

Atinvod wrote:

I third it...but, and I looked this up, didn't Boba once think to himself that the reason that he didn't dream was because he had no remorse/regrets and that he was somewhat a just man? What's your views on that?

I've heard that one time before but didn't really think it over. Now that i do think it over, yeah...i think he kinda does think that about himself and doesn't find any remorse/regret and really fault in what he has done with his life...  Thinking about himself as a just man....hmmm  i dont know about that one, it sounds logical, but then you compare it to the whole of American civilization or all mankind actually and find that most think of themselves as just, you start to think that "just" is just a common personal oppinion, ya know...so. Good post though. cool

{MW} MS9

“(I’m) Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the a$$.” -John McClane

I think Boba is just by his own standards, but since I believe that there is a real definition of right and wrong, I think that his standards are not always correct.  I think he's got some serious moral issues at times, but committing evil acts does not make a person evil.  To be evil you'd have to be a sadist or something like that.

BFFC Moderator

BFFC Chrys wrote:

I think Boba is just by his own standards, but since I believe that there is a real definition of right and wrong, I think that his standards are not always correct.  I think he's got some serious moral issues at times, but committing evil acts does not make a person evil.  To be evil you'd have to be a sadist or something like that.

Yeah, you're right.  In his own eyes, everything he does is justified. But in others eyes (especially those who suffer from him), it is a little different story.

{MW} MS9

162 (edited by JEDIHUNTER3 Tuesday, May 16, 2006 12:15 pm)

I Agree with MANDALORIANSPY9..............FETT isn't evil he just does the dirty work for whoever pays the best thats all...

{MW} JH3

"What a wonderful smell you've discovered"Han Solo
    [color=#FF0000]{MW}-"death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]:cool:

Fett is Ruthless
Not evil...

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

that's a good new way to put it...ruthless...nice word for it.

{MW} MS9

I don't think he's ruthless.  Ruthless would mean he kills anyone, no matter what.  Fett definitely shows mercy when the situation merits it.

BFFC Moderator

From my point of view, ruthess would just mean killing any one who gets in his way, which he does.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

i agree there...he takes out anyone who gets in his way.   And ruthless to me   means more of....he is willing to take any measure to get the job done...

{MW} MS9

MandalorianSpy9 wrote:

MandalorianSpy9

Excellent observation - especially the fact that he's mysterious because he's controlled by only 1 person.  The Empire and the Rebs are both fighting for control of the galaxy.  The crime syndicates and dirtbags are fighting for control of illicit doings.  Fett, he profits from them all, making them his pawns.

[url]http://museunplugged.blogspot.com/[/url]

169 (edited by Humorbot5 Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:56 am)

I think Ruthless was the perfect word.
And thats why I didn't say "Reasonable" because that doesn't really describe Fett. Because to be honest he most certainly is not reasonable.
He is ruthless
He'll kill anyone in his way (as Draco Fett said)
He'll do whatever he feels he needs to do.
He asks for good money, he knows he's the best he's not going to Compromise...

In my opinion, I'm pretty sure Fett's not evil.  Do you wonder why Fett doesn't have a great big mansion and other things like that which only billionares can afford, even though he gets so much money for his work?  According to Wikipedia and certain comics, Boba donates most of the money he earns to orphanages and charities.  That's pretty solid proof tha he isn't evil.

{MW} SF

Boba: Lord Vader, I bring good news.--Vader: You have captured Solo?--Boba: No.--Vader: Then what is it?--Boba: I just saved 15% on starship insurance by switching to Geiko! {MW}

In the comics, Fett has never given money to the orphanage. He was going to, but he needed the credits to buy traps for Jodo Kast.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

172 (edited by Miba Wednesday, May 31, 2006 5:52 pm)

In a book he gave a few thousand to some orphans. (No Disintagrations, Please, in the book Tales from the New Republic)

Otherwise, I agree, he doesn't "give most his money to charities". As I've said in the past, don't trust wikis. wink

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

No, No, was that the one where he took down an Imperial Garrison to get at the guy? In that one, he gave the guy back the 15,000 credit bounty, because he hadn't actually earned it. Give creds away to orphans? That's not our Fett.

"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!" - Belkar

Wasn't it the orphans that caused him to give the money though? It seems to me that's what that was about, like that one little orphan girl said something... I can't remember. It's fairly short maybe I should reread that again.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

He has a pretty nice place in Star Wars Tales #18
I'd say it was probably pretty costly... Especially if it's on one of those worlds like Onderon or  the like...

He probably doesn't go around in a tuxedo and a golf cart becuase that life is too boring for him....