Re: Star Wars Battlefront II

There are only a few things that make Battlefront II inferior to Battlefront I.... The Dune Sea and Geonosis...being the main ones.

I'm happy they brought back Rhen Var and one of the bespin's for download....

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Hi!!!!!
A friend of mine living in Brussel, Belgium got it and to my eternal shame I must admit when I visited him, I spend more time with this amazingt game instead of looking at beautiful Brussels.....

Play Brussels!

bobathekid wrote:

that sucks
for you with xboxs have you dowlodded the new maps for bf2

How do you download new maps? Can anyone tell me?

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Well first you need Xbox Live.
And I think (its been a long time) there's a "content Downloader" either once you've gone on Multiplayer...or on the options.

what are you talking about i kick butt with boba fett. Just fly up and start shooting them from a building or something. Evenwith their Force jump, they can't get to half the places i've been

I would change the world, if only i had the source code.  :cool:

...What?

I already said once you mastered the intricites of Fett's advanatges, he's the best guy.

Jango is a good sniper too.

107 (edited by The Cloner Friday, December 8, 2006 9:58 pm)

boba_fett_fan51, who are you talking to?
I'd say that both Jango and Boba are good, but Boba Fett is in my opinion the best hero in the game.
Of course if you just can't aim he's no good. Stick with the jedi in that case.
My friend, though, is much better with jango. In an online Mos Eisley assault game he got the second most kills in the game with Jango's puny blaster! I can not do that with Jango, not even with Boba. I just ambush some helpless Mace Windu or Luke Skywalker player using the tactic I said earlier.
Usually some count dooku player gets the most kills using his force choke.

By the way, what's the matter with all the rocket launchers in this game? It fells like a cheap kill when they shoot a rocket at you, but you roll to the left and shoot them in the head. I always prefer the rifleman over the rocketeer. Who agrees?

[url]http://impstherelentless.com/tek9.asp[/url]
Everyone should check out this movie. Too bad only chapter 1's ready.

Me!

The Rocketeers are also miserably slow.

Yeah, and that makes them an easy target for the snipers. Easy headshots.
It's good that someone agrees with me. Anyone else?

Yep I agree, but I love playing as Chewbacca just to fire his controllable missle. It leaves you cmletely unguarded, but its just so much fun =P

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Yeah Chewbacca is fun.
By the way, we haven't discussed the special units yet.
What I think is:
Bothan Spy: Really good. Incinerator slaughters the enemy and the Spy can also act as a field medic with the regeneration. Invivibility is a good way to ambush people and the time bombs are great!
Wookie Warrior: It has changed a little since battlefront 1. The recon droid is not that good (I mean if you play as a wookie, I doubt you want to let that little droid do all the work) but the grenade launcher is great. And if you don't kill the enemy with the grenade launcher he will only have a little health left, so you can use the shotgun-effect of the bowcaster. And the bowcaster can even be used as a sniper rifle with alot of ammo. Very good, but I only use the wookie when I am defending (because of their high health).

That's the rebellion units.

Imp. Officer: Almost like the wookie, but a less powerful gun with a little splash damage, making it ideal for finishing wounded units. But if you want to kill alot of enemies you can always use the rage, that makes the puny sonic blaster alot more effective. The Officer also has a recon droid and a grenade launcher, just like the wookie, and that's what I like about them.
Dark trooper: I only use them in Endor. I don't know why, I just don't think they're that good. I once killed the same player, he was a dark trooper, 12 times in a row, in one life. I was a rebel soldier. I think his name was >SAMUEL<. And after the 12th time I killed him as a dark trooper, he spawned as a Stormtrooper, and he couldn't aim at all...

Now the CIS...

Magnaguard: Good but not great. I use them for both anti-tank and anti-infantry work. Their rocket gun is pretty good against those hover tanks.
Droideka: Too easy to kill. They are supposed to be like they were in SWBF1. It's so easy to run in a circle around them. They turn so slowly.

And finally the Republic...

Clone Commander: Wrong name. But still the chaingun is impressive! And Rally gives extra armor to units. I use these guys often.
Jet trooper: Bad armor. Great gun. At least they are better than Dark troopers... I mean the Dark troopers' lightning weapon is horrible. They were better with the shotgun they had in BF1.

But I still prefer the normal rifleman over any of those.

Yeah, especially when you get the Elite Rifle permanently...Although its kind of crummy that you can't have that kind of advantage online....Thats how Rainbow Six Lockdown works...

I got the elite rifle online once. I was playing as the CIS. That time I had the most kills.
So now you know it's possible.

No I meant, once you get the award like 62 times, you get it permanently. I've got that. But I don't get that permanent award online.

Ok screw this im tired of crushing the computer and now that I'm goin on Christmas break i have the time. I know im gonna sound retarded, but i don't care. My question is: how do i start fighting people online? What do i need where do i get it etc. im tired of beating the AI.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Humorbot5, sorry I didn't notice you meant that.

Gustavo_Perez, do you have the game for Playstation 2, Xbox or PC?

If you have got the Playstation version, and have the slim PS2, you only plug the cable in your playstation and start playing. Not everyone has a slim PS2, however. If don't have it you'll most likely need to buy EYE TOY: Chat first, because it comes with the part you need for your PS2 .

If you got Xbox, however, someone else will have to tell you about it.

If you;ve got an Xbox then I think youi need an internet router with more than one connection outlet.

This is so you can patch the internet from to the computer and the the Xbox from the router.

There is a patch cable slot in the back of the Xbox.
After you have done this you should be able to set up an account. This involves having either a 2 month subscription card from one of many Xbox Live games or an Xbox Starter set.

If you need more info on the Xbox's Internet cpabilities then ask me again and I'll rephrase it or answer any new questions.
If you have it on PC then you'll have to ask someone else about it.

The Cloner wrote:

Humorbot5, sorry I didn't notice you meant that.

Gustavo_Perez, do you have the game for Playstation 2, Xbox or PC?

If you have got the Playstation version, and have the slim PS2, you only plug the cable in your playstation and start playing. Not everyone has a slim PS2, however. If don't have it you'll most likely need to buy EYE TOY: Chat first, because it comes with the part you need for your PS2 .

If you got Xbox, however, someone else will have to tell you about it.

What cable? i think i lost it.....thanks though

Tip stick with one class of soldier until you reach Legendary status with their primary weapon ie. Blaster rifle so that way as you play through a level you won't have to look for working power droids just switch to your secondary weapon then back to primary and you will have the award rifle with max ammo.

Yeah, wizardofcars. That makes the trooper have EVEN more ammo.
Gustavo_Perez, I was talking about the internet cable that you have. Take it from your computer and plug it in your playstation.

The Cloner wrote:

Yeah, wizardofcars. That makes the trooper have EVEN more ammo.
Gustavo_Perez, I was talking about the internet cable that you have. Take it from your computer and plug it in your playstation.

Ok thanks I'll try it.

Tell me if it's working.
I hope it works for you.
Good luck with the online gameplay. It's alot harder (and alot more fun) online.

Its only harder when the people you're against are good.
I went online and made a space map game.
And the other guy who was playing, just went inside his base as a pilot and just stood there re-healing his shields....

I kept destroying them and killing him.....but...what was he thinking?

124 (edited by wizardofcars Friday, December 15, 2006 6:10 am)

Once your shields are down you can run inside and repair the generator but your shields will never come back on line,  when you are playing conquest land inside your opponents hanger run into the control room shoot the two auto turrets then two time bombs take their auto defense mainframe down, four time bombs to do their shields, three for life support, and three for their engines then leave take one of their bombers and destroy their bridge usually you can have all that done before your shields are down and then you win every time.

Yeah, but of course others will try to stop you, and try to do that on your ship.
A well organised team is the key to win.
Of course it's possible to win with pure skill, but normally a team with bad players can win against a team of good players if they are organised.

And Humorbot5, I don't know what he was thinking, it seems like a job for 4 pilots to repair the shields. I only like dogfighting in space battles.