Topic: Strange topic bug

I've noticed that topics spanning many pages have three or four more blank pages tagged on to them before the last post. It's kind of a pain to get to the last post because of this. Just so you know.

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

Re: Strange topic bug

Something similar is happening to me. Threads with lots of pages the last few are all blank. I can't even find the last post.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

it seems that it's only happening to the bf/gf and avatar request threads for me at least.

Those are some of the most popular threads at this time

Just spotted the bug and saw this thread. I'm going to see what's going on here... May need to upgrade the board software. I'll post a scheduled time if and when I do that.

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

Should be fixed. Just upgraded the entire message board. Custom design returning shortly.

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

7 (edited by Terra Saturday, July 17, 2010 11:41 pm)

Ok cool. Now though, just so you know, when we finish writing a post, the engine seems to look for the latest (removed) extra page, doesn't find it, and we land on an error page.

Fett_II wrote:

it seems that it's only happening to the bf/gf and avatar request threads for me at least.

This is starting to make me think the bug might be bound with my account, as it's threads where I've been posting a lot lately.

Cast iron and treadmills? Oh yes. Still sculpting me to what I really want to be, and I love it. :)

i barely post in either thread now, so it's not tied to your account.

9 (edited by Terra Monday, July 19, 2010 4:27 am)

Fett_II wrote:

i barely post in either thread now, so it's not tied to your account.

You're probably right.

I know you have it too, but in my last few posts I used the "edit" button a lot, so I thought maybe by going back and forth with it, something didn't record well and then it made a glimpse.

I really don't know enough about forums to know for sure. I don't know what bugs can happen when posts don't save/refresh properly. Probably none, lol.

Cast iron and treadmills? Oh yes. Still sculpting me to what I really want to be, and I love it. :)