Topic: New bird, Help with name?

Hey there,
I'm getting my new white faced cockatiel in a few days and I need help with a name!  I'm not sure if it's a boy or girl yet so names of both genders would be appreciated.  Also I know a lot of people are going to suggest I name it Boba or Jango, but I already have two betta fish named Boba Fish and Jango Fish (haha, I'm such a dork tongue ).  Anyhow, looking for something really unique, preferably not an average human name (no bobs or jills)  Doesn't have to be a Star Wars name but I'll consider anything.
Thanks big_smile

jet pack & rocket launcher-800 credits, mandolorian armor-5,000 credits, being the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy-priceless. brought to you by JediMaster Card

Re: New bird, Help with name?

Your fish names are awesome!

I don't really have any ideas though, for me naming a pet is something I have to do when looking at it. Like if I'm around it and looking at it I can think of a name that sort of feels like that animal.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

cloneapart wrote:

I already have two betta fish named Boba Fish and Jango Fish (haha, I'm such a dork tongue ).

I have a betta fish I got for my birthday whom I call Max (lol get it?), so I'm a big ol' dork, too!

I'm not sure of any names off the top of my head. I'll see if I can think of anything unique sounding, though!

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

some unique names that come to mind are Logan and Grayson, they're also unisex names, so it doesn't matter what gender it is big_smile

Carry on my wayward son!

what's the bird look like? depending on its color, you could use a republic commando name. sev, scorch, boss, fixer, those are unisex.

How about Talvin, abdo or Rhan if it is a male
or Arisa, Kana, Yooka, Saba or Rhan if it is a female.
All of these names are real names from India or Japan or Pakistan.
Rhan works both ways smile

"D'oh!"
[url=http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/multimedia/galleries/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=1624]My Fan Art[/url]

7 (edited by Terra Tuesday, June 22, 2010 4:56 am)

Plenty of non-SW names here. Your pick along the gender, I dunno.

Perseus, Phoenix, Regor, Polaris, Alioth, Antares, Rigel, Orion, Vega, Draconis, Delphinus, Capella, Altair, Chaos, Gaia, Nemesis, Eris, Io, Maia, Asteria, Leto, Artemis, Hades, Enyo, Muse, Prometheus, Hemera, Nyx, Dao, Apollo, Poseidon, Atlas...

Cast iron and treadmills? Oh yes. Still sculpting me to what I really want to be, and I love it. :)

Wow, thank you people!  Love the idea of using a republic commando name (I am partial to Sev wink), I'll have to see if it fits him/her.  The other names are awesome to.  I love the Arisa name, that sounds so pretty.  And wow Terra, all those names are awesome, I really like the Greek feel.  I'll let you know what I choose.  I get the bird Friday and all my parents can come up with is "killer" lol. 

Anyhow, the bird is silver grey and white, it will darken up a bit once it has its first molt.  Really young, and since it has the color mutation with no orange or yellow anywhere, it almost looks like a miniature falcon (minus the feathers on the top of its head).

Anyhow, Thank you so much, I love all the names, it will be so hard to choose big_smile
CA

jet pack & rocket launcher-800 credits, mandolorian armor-5,000 credits, being the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy-priceless. brought to you by JediMaster Card

Sone if its a girl, Zam's daughter!

My father was Mandalorian. So I can fight AND cook.

I bet CA will choose a name that's not even in our list. tongue

Cast iron and treadmills? Oh yes. Still sculpting me to what I really want to be, and I love it. :)

Terra wrote:

I bet CA will choose a name that's not even in our list. tongue

Haha, I might, I'd hate to make people feel like their names were no good sad  I love all the names and I'm thinking about a few of them.  I'm also looking online for some too, just want to have a lot of choices.

Here are a few I've found myself:
Gavin- Little hawk- Welsh
Killian:         small and fierce         (Irish/Gaelic)
Malin:         little warrior        (Old English)
Sterling:         little star        (Middle English)
Jena      Arabic      Female      Little bird
Keelin     Chinese     Male     Little dragon

Alida      Latin      Female      Little winged one
Lila- Night
Amir- Princly

They even have meanings and everything.  Still not to sure though, might be one of your names, might be one I've found tongue

Cool choices. You do what you want hon, was just teasing you. tongue
It's your bird. You'll be the one saying his name all day, gotta be something you like, lol.

Bats ideas on names might help
Zorro
Bandit
Elf
zero
Boy-George [not sure of the sex]
Hero
Jedo
Ace
Alien
  bats