Topic: Homeschool or Public School?

Which do you think is better for people; homeschool or public school?

I think that overall, homeschool is better. Sure it doesn't have much of a social aspect, but that can be fixed by going to boy scouts or something of the sort. With homeschool, students can work at their own pace and work on their own schedule. Also, collages are constantly recruiting homeschoolers due to the typically high level of education, making it easier to get into collage.

What are your thoughts?

Carry on my wayward son!

Re: Homeschool or Public School?

I think homeschool is better for a few reasons. Firstly there is the working at your own speed part. Secondly there's the part where you aren't around all the negative influences. Other kids won't be there to pressure you to do things that you'll hate yourself for for the rest of your life. You'll end up more moral. Me and my siblings were all homeschooled. We weren't hateful, we were very well behaved, and everyone said you can deffinately tell we're homeschooled because of that, and because we were all smarter than the other kids in the area. While they were struggling to read simple sentences we were reading full books.

There is really only one good thing about public school and that is that one (or two) people can't teach kids everything. For example, my mom is horrible at math and thus none of us kids are all that great at it either. But otherwise, all the negative influences from the other kids, their destructive and out-to-get-you attitudes, their pressuring, etc. are the worst things about schools.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

When I think of all I went through as a child in public school, I have to vote for homeschool. I didn't get much out of public school and the negative influences made my life miserable. Working at your pace sounds like a better way to develop the mind. Further, a charter school environment could help compensate for the fact one (or two) people can't teach you everything. I especially hated the out-to-get-you attitudes and the snobbery of  my school days.
the social aspects of public school didn't do much for me and as said earlier could have been compensated for somewhere else.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

homeschool is definitely by far the better choice, but i would take public school any day over being homeschooled.

I agree with you, Fet_II. I was both homeschooled and public schooled, and am going back to public school next year.

Carry on my wayward son!

This is a difficult choice for me. I was widely disliked in all 12 years of going to school, but due to...circumstances at home I'm not very happy there for long terms either.

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

When I was younger I BEGGED to be homed schooled. BEGGED. I knew quite a few of kids who were home schooled as well and was SO jealous. But when I was growing up, it wasn't "quality education". Even still in my area its looked down on, and the kids made fun of for being stupid. But having taught in school and suffered as a student, I have become a great supporter of home education. You can cover more material, in more depth that way, and learn more about the real world. Schools can be isolating from reality. And there are so many programs that make it easier than ever, AND help keep those learning more focused. ( I was certainly never a self motivator, so that would help some kids.)

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Public school elementary school is good but once you get to high school the teachers just don't give a ****.

Naastar Te Aru'e!!!!!!!!!!

Everettj wrote:

Public school elementary school is good but once you get to high school the teachers just don't give a ****.

When you get to HIGH SCHOOL?! They're like that the moment you walk in the door on your very first day of school EVER.

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

CeciliaCrimsondragonFett wrote:
Everettj wrote:

When you get to HIGH SCHOOL?! They're like that the moment you walk in the door on your very first day of school EVER.

Teachers don't start off jaded and careless. The system and experience make them that way.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."