Re: Anime Banter

I get manga from Shonin Jump which is a widely known manga magazine which can be found in book stores and in some libraries. (I have a subscription.) Also I watch Anime off my sister's comp which is full of the crap which she downloads from any site possible.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

draco fett wrote:

Balance Sheet,  try Kazaa.

What is this magical "Kazaa", you speak of?  Just curious...I don't do much online because of Dial-up. sad

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

I guess it's kinda like Limewire but here's the link for the site I found.

http://www.kazaa.com/us/index.htm

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

Unless it has changed, it is free.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Kay...I'll finally be able to do that in a week or two. big_smile    Aaaand I picked up a brand-new, completely legal, unpirated OS for 10 bucks today, so my computer can live again...but that's off topic.  Needless to say, I'm going to have about 100 gigs of anime on my machine when I leave for college.  big_smile
Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Hellsing, FMA, Ghost in the Shell, Deeper Kyo, Eureka Seven, Hack? something, Wolf's Rain, Two studio Ghibli movies, Bleach...all that and more.

-Captian Murphy

have you guys heard of Full Metal Alchemist? Great show !!

Yea, FMA. I just now got to watch the first movie. great save for the ending.

(BFFC Moderator)

Gaagh, I must find that movie...HOW DID HE GET BACK FROM THE REAL WORLD?  *don't answer, screaming to myself*

I gots me a bunch of new anime that I don't recognize...Noehin?, the Blood: The last vampire series, Eureka Seven, Black Lagoon...anyone know something about these?

-Captian Murphy

134 (edited by draco fett Saturday, September 16, 2006 4:26 am)

I have never seen any of them, but if you have not seen it, watch Vampire Hunter D, it was great. I do not know if its sequel was good or not.

BalanceSheet, since I think I deleted your e-mail, and I am guessing that you do not clean out your inbox so you do not get annoying messages, dome arigato for your e-mail!

...sorry, I don't speak Italian.  O_o   (inbox=clean now)

I'll definetely try to find Vampire Hunter D, as everybody else appears to think it's awesome... tongue  Whats the storyline, basically?  Curious...

-Captian Murphy

NO! I just sent you a message BalanceSheet!!!!!!!!..................................O_o...................

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Domo arigato is Japanese for Thank you very much (sorry if you already knew that, hard to tell)

Eureka Seven I think I commented on somewhere down the line. I'll have to check.

(BFFC Moderator)

BalanceSheet wrote:

...sorry, I don't speak Italian.  O_o   (inbox=clean now)

I'll definetely try to find Vampire Hunter D, as everybody else appears to think it's awesome... tongue  Whats the storyline, basically?  Curious...

I do not know if you were joking, but dome arigato means thank you very much in Japanese. Vampire Hunter D is about a Vampire hunter named D who is hired by an amature Vampire hunter to kill the king of Vampires. D is also a Dapmphir, the offspring of a human and a Vampire.

Heh, the only Japanese I know is "but" and "brother" (because they say it every ten seconds in FMA), I really didn't know what you meant...
Dapmphir...that's fun to pronounce... tongue  I'll definetely track that one down.    Yeah, I remembered you commented on Eureka Seven, I just forgot what it was about...(leaving for college in about ten seconds)...

-Captian Murphy

Here's a really good site for downloads. they might have what you want Balancesheet.

http://www.narutocommunity.net/forums/i … owforum=19

you have to join the forum, but it was worth the effort for me anyway. With everything that seems to be going on maybe you won't have the time but it's something
(I also have available a fairly long list of japanese phrases, accurate to what I can tell.)

(BFFC Moderator)

Hmmm...I'll check it out some more, thanks Maltese.  smile  But it seems like they require a certian post count before I can download...I am kinda busy nowadays though. 
Plus, I found some anime torrents...only problem is they take FOREVER to download.

-Captian Murphy

By the way, just got the New Hellsing. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, You'll hear when I do probably.

(BFFC Moderator)

big_smile  Awesome....just the first, or the second one also? 
I gots me the second one (about the Valentine brothers)...it's very, very violent, but also some of the best artwork I've ever seen in an anime. 
Sveet that you finally got it, though.

-Captian Murphy

About to get the second one.

(BFFC Moderator)

Hope it's in English...mines subbed in French, so if I hadn't already watched the old Hellsing, I would be completely lost.  ^_^  It's very, very good though...if horribly violent.

-Captian Murphy

Actually, like I said earlier I don't like the english voice actor for Seras so I just watch the Japanese one with subtitles.

it's much better than the original to say the least. They even included the same eye effect Hirano does in the Manga.
Not much to say about it, I had to watch it in realplayer format I got from the net so I'll reserve any real judegement till I get it on Dvd.

(BFFC Moderator)

Hey all!!!
Great topic!
If you (anyone) could recomend only two anime movies or series to watch, what would they be? I'm trying to find some good stuff to watch. wink Maybe something that is high drama high concept stuff?

[url]http://museunplugged.blogspot.com/[/url]

I would recommend "Howell's Moving Castle." I do not know much about dramatic anime.

Cowboy Bebop, and Full Metal Alchemist. Definetely.

-Captian Murphy

Cowboy Bebop is a must for any anime fan. For action and comedy go Trigun, Rorouni Kenshin or Yu Yu Hakasho. For drama... maybe Full Metal Alchemist.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!