Topic: BIOWARE: Past and Future endeavors

I know what you're thinking: "We already have like 10 KOTOR topics!" And we do. This is not about KOTOR, however awesome it may be. This is about Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 (when more info comes out), and Dragon Age. As well as new projects when we hear about them. This is also a general discussion are for Bioware, and yes, KOTOR, but try to keep that to a minimum, because we have other great topics just for that created by others. This is to focus on Bioware's other work. Imagine it like a topic about George Lucas, but not about Star Wars. Or something like that.

To start the discussion, here is something that enrages me: http://youtube.com/watch?v=PKzF173GqTU& … re=related
I'm sure that many of you have seen this. Here's my highlight reel: The critics haven't even played the damn game, and they are bashing it! Gamer (forgot his name): "Have you ever played Mass Effect?" Reporter (idiot): "No!"
They claim it has full graphic nudity, when in fact the game is rated for only partial nudity. And the gamer is right, you don't have to participate in it. And, it's like 2 minutes out of dozens of hours of potential play. And the whole male superiority thing is BS!!! As the game expert said, you can play as male or *female*. And she (reporter) says kids can access it easily, and that the parental controls require one to "hover over their children". Not so. Anyone who owns a 360 knows this. And, for those under 17, their parents have to buy them this game. So whose responsibility is it? This is a hilarious parody of this debate *contains subject matter not appropriate for younger board members* (if you can't buy mass effect don't watch it): http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ixt1eu11LXk& … re=related
And this is how it should have ended: http://youtube.com/watch?v=04nbvLXLWHA& … re=related
Bottom right options FTW!

Now, about Mass Effect 2. It has been confirmed for those who don't know. The choices made in the first game will affect the player in the second, if you play on the same hard drive that you played Mass Effect (1) on. There will most likely be a trilogy, as it has been mentioned by Bioware. There will be a PC version "eventually".

And, finally, Bioware's latest and greatest (but probably not greatest), Dragon Age: Origins. It is a medieval rpg for the PC which will most likely appear on consoles later. It is a completely original story and setting by Bioware. It also uses a new game engine, eclipse. This will definitely be another excellent game. Here is the link to the trailer: http://youtube.com/watch?v=kahEOIDzZ0M
(I might win the award for most vid links in a post.)

So, what does everyone think about these subjects?

"Some soldiers say that to reach maximum combat efficiency, they need to be in the zone. Sir; I live in the zone." - RC 1207 'Sev' to RC 1138 'Boss'

Re: BIOWARE: Past and Future endeavors

Ok, before I actually start talking about Bioware and games they've made that i liked...

I could not sit through the first clip you have there, MM. The pathetic reporting of Fox News shocks me yet again. And this is what the majority of Americans watch at night. I challenge ANYONE to watch that cip and tell me that Fox News and those stupid 'reporters' aren't full of it. I cant believe one of those morons compared the game to 'Debby does Dallas' meets Star Wars. They didnt even let the game reviewer speak. A man who has PLAYED the game and knows more that that psychology 'expert'. He would have destroyed hers and any other reporters arguments.

One of the first thing the woman says is a game that leaves nothing to the imagination. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Just like the game reviewer said, the side of one alien boob is only seen. That woman is a damn retard. Fox News once again proves that they are putting complete BS into the minds of Americans. That parody you also posted there MM was hilarious and dead on.

Back on topic, Bioware is responsible for making my favorite game of all time, Baldur's Gate. They also took part in Neverwinter Nights and Icewind Dale, two more of my favorites. That Dragon Age game looks promising.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Speaking of Baldur's gate, the director of Dragon Age said "It's the spiritual sequel to Baldur's Gate". Another game I've heard that is good by Bioware is "Jade Empire". I want to buy it, it's probably only $10 now.

"Some soldiers say that to reach maximum combat efficiency, they need to be in the zone. Sir; I live in the zone." - RC 1207 'Sev' to RC 1138 'Boss'

Baldur's Gate was an excellent game. FOX is phale

Merciless Mandalore wrote:

Speaking of Baldur's gate, the director of Dragon Age said "It's the spiritual sequel to Baldur's Gate".

Yeah I saw that. It looks like its gonna be pretty cool so Im probably gonna get it to check it out. If its anything like BG than Im sure its awesome.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

As the other topic said, the KotOR mmo was announced, (I already had it on my blog). I just got KotOR two yesterday, and however lame people say the ending is, I will play it obsessively until the end of summer.