Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Looks like we'll finally get to see some good old fashioned Bounty Hunters in the next episode.  Aurra Sing finally makes an appearance.  And is that IG-88 with her, or maybe IG-72, or just another random IG-86 model?

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000786.html

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

IG-72 was around in the galactic civil war, first starring in the SW novel: Tales of the Bounty Hunters

IG-86 was in the CW and 88 was obviously in Episode V smile

You're foolish words can never hurt me

it's either IG-88 (or any of his three copies), or an early prototype.

possibly, yes. They were making the IG-88 then, like actually creating the droid.

I've never wanted to se The clone wars...

You should.

"My luck ranges from barely tolerable to cataclysmic"

' Aye!

It's good, but not AS good as the real stuff

Finally saw the Clone Wars movie. I actually didn't think it was too bad, but then I suppose my expectations weren't very high...

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Mel, you have every right to criticize it. I didn't like it that much... I'd give it 5/10 or 6/10

I think the real movies are SO much better. tongue

It sounds very predictable from what I've heard about it.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

I'd give it a 6.5/10

Just because the clones had a more important role than in the prequel trilogy

I want to see more of the clone culture.  If RC's were in this I would freak out over watching it.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

RC?

Recon Clones? hmm

The clones were cool in the film though. Like when Rex pretended to be dead, and shot that BD, then at AV

Republic Commandos.  The cool clones.  The clones that started off the fascination of the entire mandalorian culture for me.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

and you're avatar Sev! big_smile

This movie was awesome... 'Nuff sed..

The pen is mightier than the blaster!

You are decived young person...So very decived...

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

So far the show kinda stinks, but Rex rules. Bring in the Fetts.

War, War never changes

I first saw the movie a couple of months ago...to me it was too short...but I am used to live action Star Wars films. It had a good story line...but the story was too short...I liked the new characters and ships it brings in. The voices were very well match to the characters.
     The fighting seen (spelling) between Obi-Wan and Ventress was too jumpy. When Obi-Wan scales the columns he looks like a grass hopper. It made me think of Tigger.
It had the classic Star Wars ending though. I give it a 7/10. For effort, story line, new characters, the voices, and the animation...it was better than that cartoon crap that used to come on, that for sure!

I still don't like the animation... everyone looks like they were beaten with an ugly stick.

I might buy the show on DVD when it comes out just for some Clone action... I stopped watching it back in like November and haven't felt the urge to start watching again...

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

New trailer for season 2

http://starwars.com/video/view/000841.html

"My luck ranges from barely tolerable to cataclysmic"

As you can see from the main page, Mandalorians will be invading the Clone Wars cartoon show in season 2!

I'm gonna go ahead and change the name of this thread so we can use it as our generic "Clone Wars" discussion hub!

"Those with the ability to lead, have the responsibility to do so."

VIA STARWARS.COM:

...And we’ll also be seeing Mandalore…  but Dave (Sansweet) couldn’t go into any further detail.

...This led to the new trailer for Season Two which will officially debut online tomorrow: Featured were all the returning favorites, along with appearances by Poggle the Lesser, Ki-Adi-Mundi and several helmeted Mandalorian warriors (one with an oddly familiar voice) whose agenda remains mysterious...

So, since they're saying that this is supposed to be Mandalore (on the Examiner and BigShinyRobot sites), I wonder if this is supposed to be Fenn Shysa, or actually, probably Spar?  Unless they're deciding to screw up the continuity in regards to that.  And where are the range finders on their helmets?  Still looks pretty cool, though.

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

Well they say he has a familiar voice, so it could be spar, or any number of the Nulls. Those would be the only clones of Jango that *wouldnt* be actually fighting as clones in the Clone Wars right now. Other clones didn't leave the army till after the Empire formed.

Couldn't be Fenn tho I don't think, he'd be pretty young.