Topic: The Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones

Which is better

"My luck ranges from barely tolerable to cataclysmic"

Re: The Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones

man that was in a Simpsons episode!

Clones, far and away.  It pains me to watch TPM except for the lovely Natie P and Darth Maul.  Clones was cool as it opened the STAR WARS universe open so to say on the Silver Screen.

MACE got his cut on, YODA fights too, more NAtie P in her PJs and a mid drift, scant Jar-Jar and of course Jango.

Block at Anikan (his whinning has made me reconsider how BA Vader is in comparison to Chuck Norris) and YAHTZEE.

"We do bad things to worse people"

Pretty much what Viking said

Clones kicked Phantom's butt big time.  You got your clones *who rocked in the new trilogy, one of the very few improvements on the original trilogy,* you got Jango *not an improvment over Boba, but was still good,* first time we see Jedi fighting en mass on film, GREAT battle at the end, and less Jar-Jar  *and yes, i did leave 'Natie P' off my list on purpose; just not a huge fan.  She did a good job though; maybe since most all her scence were with Anikan it ruined it for me  tongue*

I'll add two names to Vikings list of good things in Phantom though; Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were great.  Great actors who portrayed both of them, especailly Qui-Gon *that guy is great; even better in Kingdom of Heaven*

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

I agree with you about OBI and QUI-GON, is was good to see OBI fleshed out and to develop an appreciation for how awesome he was.  I do hate that we only see a glimpse of QUI-GON, he is an incredible actor, I had forgot about KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.

To leave NATIE off though, for shame.  Her and Carrie Fisher set the standard of beauty in the SW Galaxy, and in many ways have become a cross cultural phenomena.  The brass bikini and the over the top costumes are indetifiable by almost anyone.

Is hard as I come down on VADER for betraying the whole galaxy to a geratric, it is almost understandable when you look at the face of Padme.

"We do bad things to worse people"

Yeah, Attack of the Clones is great as is Phantom Menace and the other Star Wars.

I definitely think AOTC was better. It had more of a story to it and less of Anakin whininor Jar-Jar's antics. But best of all it had the Fetts.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

8 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Thursday, August 14, 2008 7:58 am)

AotC had Jango. Menace had Maul.
Tie

AotC had Jangos death. Menace had Jar Jar
AotC

AotC was the worst of the series storywise. Menace had little ani
AotC

AotC had Dukoo (sp) and Obiwan. Menace had Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon
Tie

So I guess AotC wins........and Maul isnt half the Sith he used to be

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

I'll pick The Phantom Menace.

[i]In my book, experience outranks everything...[/i]

I would have to say that AOTC wins (for me at least). It had the clones (and I personally love their AOTC armor...not a big fan of the ones that follow), it had Jango and introduced Boba, Yoda showed how much of an @$$ kicker he was, and Mace finally got a fight.

Ven'gana mhi yaim'ol // We will have our homecoming

11 (edited by -F3TT- Thursday, August 14, 2008 11:20 am)

Those are the best parts of AOTC,MG. smile I dunno,but I just like The Phantom Menace. mad big_smile

[i]In my book, experience outranks everything...[/i]

agreed AOTC by far, also because Boba was in it smile

The trail blazing bounty hunter...

This would be a hard choice on my part. There are so many things I like about each one. 

Costumes.... TIE ( I love Trisha's work SO much)

Sith.... TPM (Maul is so menacing where as Dooku was old, although still quite the connsumate evil.)

Jedi... AotC ( There is so many of them! Including my a bunch of my favorites- Shaak Ti, Kit Fisto, Luminara Unduli, Bariss Ofee. Qui- Gon is fabulous but one favorite vs. three favorites.... )

Duels.... TIE ( Maul vs. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan is probably my favorite in the entire saga, where as AotC has two really good ones with Jango vs. Obi and Dooku vs. Yoda.)

Anakins.... AotC ( I hate Hayden so much less than Jake Llyod. I wish I understood why.)

Settings... AotC ( I simply fell inlove with Lake Como because of those Lake Country scenes simply amazing... TPM has what.... Sand in Tatooine, again....)

Bonus.... AotC has Boba and the Clones. TPM has... Jar Jar and that damn two headed announcer.

So after careful and scientific study and consideration I present the winner....... ATTACK OF THE CLONES!

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

I think that the Phantom Menace wipes the floor with Attack of the Clones.

Well i'll go to topics.

Costumes= AOTC
Sith= tie(i think Maul is overrated)
Jedi=TPM
Anakins= AOTC
Settings=AOTC
Music= tie
Duels= tie
Dialogue= TPM
Plot= AOTC
Visuals(in a good way)= AOTC
Yoda's AOTC
Space Battle= TPM
Emotion= TPM
Acting= TPM
Sound effects= AOTC
Space scenes= TPM

overall= TPM is better

Well I'm gonna have to go with AotC since tPM is my least favorite SW movie. Probably 'cause it's not exactly 100% in the feel of SW. I don't know if this makes scence to you all but I see the trilogies a bit differently. I see the IV V VI ones In my eyes are ruff, and gritty. The I II III are smoooth. I think tPM is to smooth. Does anyone actually understand what I'm saying? hmm I don't blame you if you don't.

" Everyone dies, but since nobody's paid me to kill you...sleep well."
     -Boba Fett-

17 (edited by Ralin Drakus Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:29 am)

ee-3 wrote:

Well I'm gonna have to go with AotC since tPM is my least favorite SW movie. Probably 'cause it's not exactly 100% in the feel of SW. I don't know if this makes scence to you all but I see the trilogies a bit differently. I see the IV V VI ones In my eyes are ruff, and gritty. The I II III are smoooth. I think tPM is to smooth. Does anyone actually understand what I'm saying? hmm I don't blame you if you don't.

hmmm....I think I do

The original trilogy was more spontaneous... things seemed to happen really fast.  Hell, the first couple of minutes in Ep. IV have no plot or set-up other then the scroll, it just throws you into the middle of a friggin space battle.  Things like that kept you waiting to see what would pop up or happen next all through the old trilogy.  In the new one we all basically knew what was going to go down, and there was only one real theme in all three of the new movies *that was interesting anyway*, Anikan's fall to the Dark Side *Clone Wars would be a theme to, and by far more interesting to me then dear little "Annie," but that doesn't really kick off until like the end of Ep. II, even if I and the rest of II were all setting it up*

But back to the original question.

Ep. IV definitely had it's moments.  Maul was great...in mho Qui-Gon was better *just cause I'm a huge fan of Liam  big_smile *, and I liked the throw-back they stared with using the model ships...or at least giving the appearance they were using the same movie-making tech from the original movies.  If you watch Qui-Gon's/Obi-Wan's Republic cruiser blow up in the beginning of Ep. I, it really looks like an explosion/special effects from the old movies...or at least it did to me.  I thought it was a nice touch, and that the second 2 films might have been better if they hadn't relied so much on CGI.

But Ep. II wins it for me.  I hate most every scene with Anikan, but the rest is too good.  Obi-Wan, Dooku, Jango, Clones and Clone Wars, huge battle at the end *done in awesome fashion.* 

That's my take on it

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

The Phantom Menace

[color=red]Fatality![/color]

Ralin Drakus wrote:
ee-3 wrote:

hmmm....I think I do

The original trilogy was more spontaneous... things seemed to happen really fast.  Hell, the first couple of minutes in Ep. IV have no plot or set-up other then the scroll, it just throws you into the middle of a friggin space battle.  Things like that kept you waiting to see what would pop up or happen next all through the old trilogy.  In the new one we all basically knew what was going to go down, and there was only one real theme in all three of the new movies *that was interesting anyway*, Anikan's fall to the Dark Side *Clone Wars would be a theme to, and by far more interesting to me then dear little "Annie," but that doesn't really kick off until like the end of Ep. II, even if IV and the rest of III were all setting it up*

But back to the original question.

Ep. IV definitely had it's moments.  Maul was great...in mho Qui-Gon was better *just cause I'm a huge fan of Liam  big_smile *, and I liked the throw-back they stared with using the model ships...or at least giving the appearance they were using the same movie-making tech from the original movies.  If you watch Qui-Gon's/Obi-Wan's Republic cruiser blow up in the beginning of Ep. I, it really looks like an explosion/special effects from the old movies...or at least it did to me.  I thought it was a nice touch, and that the second 2 films might have been better if they hadn't relied so much on CGI.

But Ep. II wins it for me.  I hate most every scene with Anikan, but the rest is too good.  Obi-Wan, Dooku, Jango, Clones and Clone Wars, huge battle at the end *done in awesome fashion.* 

That's my take on it

Yes!! Finally somebody understands my moejoe!!! big_smile

" Everyone dies, but since nobody's paid me to kill you...sleep well."
     -Boba Fett-

Clones of course.  Because hey Jango fighting Obi, and Yoda kicking butt with a lightsaber. Man that was a long time coming too.

EEB- toor JAHT-nay toor ASH-ahd-KEE-ram-oor  - Today is a good day for someone else to die -

Neither. In my mind they both sucked. But at least the AotC had some clone action...I guess that puts it a little ahead.

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

I think I'll do a comparisson list like most people are. =3

Costumes: Tie - I love the work in TPM, but I also love AOTC costumes (Jango especially).
Sith: TPM - Maul was awesome. That is all.
Jedi: AOTC - Obi-Wan Kenobi is by far my favorite Jedi. He was more mature in AOTC, and I like his lines a lot more. There was also more Jedi that had airtime. Generally spiffy. Even if Anakin is a bit whiney and emo.
Battles: AOTC - Obi-Wan vs. Jango. Jedi + Clones vs. Droids. Yoda vs. Dooku. Best battle scenes EVER.
Locations/ Scenery: AOTC - TPM has some neat scenes, no doubt, but overall AOTC reigns supreme as far as locations. Kamino was pretty neat, and the lake country on Naboo was wonderful.
General Characters: AOTC - Less Jar-Jar. 'Nough said. Oh, and Boba<3
Score: TPM - I love John Williams' music period, but Duel of the Fates is still my favorite piece.
Plot: AOTC - I wish they had done more with Jango, but the plot of the movie itself was generally better than TPM. (Also, less Jar-Jar involvement)
Acting: TPM - Anakin whines a lot, and he's so emo it's annoying in AOTC. TPM has generally better lines and acting, even if I think Ewan was better in AOTC, and Tem did great as Jango.
Nameless characters: AOTC - Clones own Gungans. Period. Also, AOTC has Super Battle Droids. Which were fairly cool.

Over all, I think AOTC was a better movie in general. But I did still like TPM. smile

“What do you mean the Slave I took off with Master Fadir?!” - Luke Skywalker, Noncanon source.

Interesting synopsis, Tempest, I prefer AOTC also over TPM but then again I may be bias because I'm a Fett fan.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

I can't say I'm really that biased. I do love Fett, but I also love Obi-Wan and Maul. So it's pretty even, I'd say, on that note. =3

“What do you mean the Slave I took off with Master Fadir?!” - Luke Skywalker, Noncanon source.

Definately AOTC. It was better made and had Boba's story.

Verd ori'shya Beskar'gam.