Re: Aylin Vel

draco fett wrote:

Fett doesn't die, right?

If he does, I will too.

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

202 (edited by Spider-Fett Wednesday, August 30, 2006 1:56 pm)

If you don't want spoilers, don't read this post.

Guess what?  I just read a wikipedia review of bloodlines, and Ailyn Vel does indeed die, but not at the hands of Boba.(Boba doesn't die either, TW).  You see, Ailyn Vel's 18 year old daughter pretends to team up with Boba so that she can lead him to Ailyn and they can try to kill him together.  However, they both discover that Ailyn took a bounty on the Solo family, and as a result was brutally tortured to death by Jacen Solo, proving that she was never Boba's equal.  Boba and his granddaughter reconcile, and they bury Ailyn next to Jango on Geonosis.

SF

Boba: Lord Vader, I bring good news.--Vader: You have captured Solo?--Boba: No.--Vader: Then what is it?--Boba: I just saved 15% on starship insurance by switching to Geiko! {MW}

That is very meaningful.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

draco fett wrote:

That is very meaningful.

I actually read the scene twice, I couldn't believe it happened.
It's very brutal and stark in how it's done.
It feels like a sucker punch.

But I believe they are just picking up Jango, to bury them both on Mandalore.

[url]http://museunplugged.blogspot.com/[/url]

Ursula wrote:
draco fett wrote:

That is very meaningful.

I actually read the scene twice, I couldn't believe it happened.
It's very brutal and stark in how it's done.
It feels like a sucker punch..

What, that they buried her next to Jango?

SF

Boba: Lord Vader, I bring good news.--Vader: You have captured Solo?--Boba: No.--Vader: Then what is it?--Boba: I just saved 15% on starship insurance by switching to Geiko! {MW}

206 (edited by FettFan79 Saturday, September 2, 2006 1:39 pm)

But Boba IS human... *sigh*  and did they make Ailyn canon now?   (I have not read Bloodlines yet...nor do I have it yet....) I like reading any or all spoilers to come my way!  They just make me want to read the book more wink

Thanks, Ursula!  Things are looking up a bit, but still not where they could be...
My birthday is Monday, so that's kinda making everything run smoothly for now smile This whole weekend is going to be fun!

"Train your sons to be strong, but your daughters to be stronger."--Karen Traviss, Bloodlines

She is canon.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! CURSE YOU AYLIIIIIIIIIINN!!!

tw tongue

[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

*laughs sardonically*
Just one of those things I suppose. But I digress, Aylin or no Aylin it's still Boba.

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

Yeah...*SIGH* I guess...well, if Karen writes her in, I'm for it I suppose...I like Traviss' work!  Hope to pick up Bloodlines tomorrow as I got a $25 gift card to Borders for my birthday!! yea!!  It's good online too, so I might try to get A Practical Man as well!

"Train your sons to be strong, but your daughters to be stronger."--Karen Traviss, Bloodlines

I think that Ursula said that she dies.

*music plays* "HALALUYA!HALALUYA!" AWESOME!!!! big_smile i am truly happy that this monster of non-canon trash is going to DIE!!!!!!! big_smile

TW

Monster of canon trash. I do not see why everyone hates her personally.

Yeah, I scanned ahead a bit---Just bought Bloodlines today! smile  I also picked up Insider and have Triple Zero held to pick up tomorrow.  I also just had to buy one pack of those SW Evolution cards...

Nah, it's not that I hate her, but it just seemed so unlike Fett (his character we have grown to love) to have kids...it would really just take some time to get used to, I guess.

Hm, it looks like it's safe to read this book then.  Even though I'm disappointed to know the ending, I'm grateful for these spoilers.  It's done a lot for my peace of mind.

SPOILERS BELOW:
How is it even possible for Fett to have an 18 yr old grandchild?  He's, what, late fifties in the book?  If he had Aylin when he was 20 (highly unlikely), and Aylin had a kid when she was twenty, and the kid is now 18, that only adds up to 58.  Sounds like somebody was a teen parent, and somehow I doubt that it was Boba.

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

SPOILERS:......

Yeah, that is part I kinda scanned ahead to--a granddaughter??!!  that was a shocker!  And here, Ailyn being canon was enough of a surprise...LOL  Hmmm...yeah, that math seems to come to that conclusion.  I know a girl that had a baby at 15, if her daughter also has a kid at 15, the girl will be a grandmother at 30! 

I think I read somewhere (possibly here?) that Boba was supposed to have had Ailyn between 17-19 years old...maybe it was Wikipedia?  I'm not sure now.

True Warrior wrote:

*music plays* "HALALUYA!HALALUYA!" AWESOME!!!! big_smile i am truly happy that this monster of non-canon trash is going to DIE!!!!!!! big_smile

TW

ROTFLMAO!!!!

You know, I thought so to, but man, she gets whacked in an ugly way. And you feel bad. For her, for Fett, for what can't ever be.

Fett's grandaughter, however, is cool.

218 (edited by Ursula Monday, September 4, 2006 11:07 am)

BFFC Chrys wrote:

Hm, it looks like it's safe to read this book then.  Even though I'm disappointed to know the ending, I'm grateful for these spoilers.  It's done a lot for my peace of mind.

SPOILERS BELOW:
How is it even possible for Fett to have an 18 yr old grandchild?  He's, what, late fifties in the book?  If he had Aylin when he was 20 (highly unlikely), and Aylin had a kid when she was twenty, and the kid is now 18, that only adds up to 58.  Sounds like somebody was a teen parent, and somehow I doubt that it was Boba.

MORE SPOILERS

He's 70+ in the book, and it seems in the SW universe that 60 is near middle age, so I think they have a life span of about 120 - 130.  At one point he says he should have another good 30 years left, and he's serious about finding a way to make that happen. (Thank the GAWDS. I can't handle a dead Fett.)

One of the big issues, at least Fett calls attention to it, is Mando's constantly being so young, getting married, having kids, it's very interesting: only a few lines, but when you find out how it went down (and you only get a smattering) between him and his former wife, you realize there are some serious flaws in the system of youthful marriage. Man, if I'd married the guy I was dating at 16 (he used to be normal, last I heard he's coming back from a heroine addiction), I'd be in jail for murder right now. Interesting, Sintas was older than he was. The book says from Fett's view what happened between them, and because of him, on Concord Dawn, but doesn't get into the specifics of what really transpired (but you can read between the lines.) Makes you wonder what the next book will hold. He's both nostalgic, and bitter. Very bitter about how things should have lasted for ever and did not.

But I don't want to spoil any more. I already feel like such a heel with this. So much of the fun is finding it all out as you read. BUT I AM DYING TO TALK ABOUT THIS BOOK WITH EVERYONE SO HURRY UP AND FINISH!!!!  tongue

draco fett wrote:

She tried to kill Fett. That kind of makes her the enemy to folks like us. Granted, he left her and mom back in the day, but she's extreme. She's not portrayed in a pretty, likable way, though. I think the writing team and Traviss knew Ailynn really couldn't go on.

I feel sorry for Ailyn, but at the same time I'm glad that the possiblitie that she might actually succeed in killing Boba is no longer existant.  I was really worried about that, because lots of authors make the unlikely underdog beat the big tough guy out of sheer determination, and I was worried they might do that with Ailyn and Boba, but now I'm relieved.

SF

Yea i thought they might have Aylin take over from Boba.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Spoilers....***

Yup--I read that far so far.  Fett does say he's 71 and he has a daughter he hasn't seen in fifty years.  I too am glad Ailyn will not be the death of Boba.  I can see his death (whenever it may be) being a fight whether against a disease or whatever.  He will not go down easy.  Boba's death will be a good chunk of whatever book it might take place in.

But hopefully it will not take place at all.

SF

Ursula wrote:
draco fett wrote:

She tried to kill Fett. That kind of makes her the enemy to folks like us. Granted, he left her and mom back in the day, but she's extreme. She's not portrayed in a pretty, likable way, though. I think the writing team and Traviss knew Ailynn really couldn't go on.

Han Solo hated Fett, and there has to be something wrong with you if you hate him for that reason.

But Solo no longer hates Fett.

SF