Re: RPG- Superhumans 2: Anarchy

Haze was working up a sweat as she continued to hold up her telekinetic barrier. A dull female voice said “Systems restart is 15 seconds.”

Haze gritted her teeth and glared as she saw a puff of smoke down the hall. It suddenly made its way closer “Teleporter,” Haze said in warning to Blur but he’d moved on to assist the others.

The teleporter appeared before Haze and elbowed her hard in the guts. Haze took the brunt of the blow and head-butted the teleporter. He stepped back and charged at her again.

“System restart in 10 seconds,” the feminine voice told.

Haze held her ground, she had to. The teleported moved and she heard him ‘poof’ behind her. She kicked out in anticipation of his attack but hit nothing.

“System restart in 5 seconds,” the feminine voice echoed down the corridor.

Haze felt a blade at her throat, “Release the barrier wench.”

Haze stood stock still and continued to hold.

“I’ll cut you open, don’t think I won’t.” The teleporter told.

Haze knew she could easily defend herself against the teleporter but her concentration remained on the barrier. She felt the blade press harder against her skin and then she felt the sting of flesh giving way to blade.

“Last chance,” the teleporter told with a distinct note of glee. He wanted to kill her.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Anasazi and Jericho tried to get out of the HQ when Jack and a lady friend of his appeared around a corner right in front of them.

"Oh, sweet Magog..." Anasazi groaned. There was no running away from this one.

"You, who would dare disobey a direct order from the mighty and illustrious Jack, now you shall fall!" Jack crowed with his usual bravado.

"Oh, come on, Jack, is that any way to treat a guest? You didn't even introduce your lady friend, there."

"Hey, there, cowpoke, don't get any funny ideas. Right now, you're just a wanted supervillain who's killed who knows how many people. If you hit on her, you'll be a jerk, and in Jack-land, that's punishable by being beaten with a pool cue while being forced to watch American Idol until you die. The punishment then carries over to any living family members you have."

"Well the, let's go." Anasazi said assuming a fighting stance. "Jericho, think you can handle the lady?"

YOUR AD HERE--this space for rent (or lease to own). Call 1-234-5678

Burnout rubbed the back of his head.  That was embarrassing, being knocked out by some random door swinging open.  Embarrassing.  He had to find Jericho; the man had escaped.  Burnout turned, and ran out of the room.

-----

Dusk had been nearly bowled over by the fleeing bad-suited man and Jericho when they left their cell.  While temporarily disoriented, he managed to keep his wits about him, and follow them.  They were currently facing off against Jack and Desdemona.  Fantastic.  Dusk's gauntlets powered up, and he activated his energy shield.  If Jack couldn't hold his own, which Dusk doubted, he would lend his own aid.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

"I...err...rather not..."

"What? Why? I've never seen you back out of a fight!"

"Times change, and nows not the time to argue."

"I knew this would happen eventually..."

"Oh will you take it easy."

"Take it easy?! Why do you think I can here in the first place! So Your intel wouldn't fall into their hands!"

"So you didn't come here to save me! You little cybernetic @$$#0!&!"

"Oh yeah! Well whoes gonna come to save you, Jimmy!"

"I told you!-" Jericho jerked one of the Uzis out of Jack's grasp and sprayed Jack, Dessie, and anyone behind them with bullets until the clip was empty. "Don't call me Jimmy."

((I can edit if there are any objections, but we're not running away from this one, Ph34r.))

"This IS my signature."

"Look, whatever, let's just go, we can work this out later, I don't feel like fighting with you." Anasazi was taken aback by Jericho's behavior.

"Then why are you still arguing with me?" Was Jericho's repsonse.

"Oh, for--just--aagh! What are trying to do here?!?"

"I'm trying to--"

Jericho was interuppted by Jack, who was wobbily getting to his feet, trying to push out all the bullets, and help out his girl, who was likewise healing fairly well.

"You...shot her..." Jack spulttered, coughing up blood, incredibly serious for once.

"Oh, crap. Fine, Jericho, you handle jack, I'll take the lady."

331 (edited by Mandalorian Assassin Tuesday, March 4, 2008 1:20 pm)

Dusk had taken a spray of bullets, but luckily his field took most of the impact and damage.  It would take a while to recharge, so he would have to act fast.  He raised his hands, and fired off two blasts of shimmering energy, one narrowly missing Jericho, and the other glancing across the suited man's arm.  Nothing damaging.  He would have to work on his aim.

"I didn't know your name was Jimmy." He quipped.

----

Burnout ran around the corner and slammed into what felt like a brick wall.  A searing pain tore through his shoulder.  Upon checking it out, he noticed a nasty red splotch spreading from a wound.  A bullet wound.  Some stinker had shot him.  He looked up, and saw Jack, Dessie, and Dusk facing the escaped villains.  Jericho was holding a smoking Uzi, and it looked like Jack and Dessie were recovering from bullet wounds as well.  The blighter had hit Burnout with a blind shot.  That set something off in his head.  He began to run.

"Jericho!"

The man in question whipped around, stuck out his foot, and tripped Burnout as he came running.  After an embarrassing tumble, the silver and orange suited hero stood.

"Interesting name choice.  Jericho.  Wasn't that, like, a city that got knocked down by people walking around it in circles?"

Putting words to action, he too began to run, orbiting Jericho like the Israelites had done his namesake, although moving at higher speeds, and with less trumpeting.

"Will walking knock down this wall?"  He asked.  Burnout kept running.

((Sorry for the huge gangup thing, Rev.  In abut two posts or so, I will throw something into the mix to limit my characters' involvement in this conflict. Until then...well, good luck.))

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Jack gritted his teeth and waited as Burnout circled Jericho.  Jack would have his go at Jericho.  And Jerico would pay.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

333 (edited by Valthonin Tuesday, March 4, 2008 2:36 pm)

"Last chance." Said the teleporter with a knife to Haze's neck. The teleporter had his head next to Haze's and she could see his face out of the corner of her eye. The image was suddenly blurred however.

A long, silver, very shiny blade now occupied the teleporter's skull. Haze felt the knife go limp in his hand and his whole body followed. It hung from the silver blade impaled in its head.

Haze slowly turned to see Chromium standing still. His left arm at his side, his right arm now in the shape of a long silver blade was lodged in the teleporter's head. The cowl of his cloak covered his head and his white-light eyes were visible from beneath.

Chromium withdrew the blade and morphed it back into a fist so quickly that the blood, bits of bone and brain on it were shooken off. The body of the teleporter collapsed to the ground.

Chromium is one of the few Andromeda members who has the License to Kill....

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

((Time to call in the evil cavalry))

Alastor inspected the building, looking for the window his boss had talked about. Upon locating it, he entered the room and found an unconscious security guy, completely defenseless. Why not.

When Alastor finished, he ripped one of the ears of the deceased security guard. Not that he'd need it. It was fairly crispy, but the fleshy taste was still incredibly pleasing for Alastor. Like bacon with a hint of vanilla.

That reminded Alastor, he still had Jack's finger in his pocket from the cafe incident. Checking his pocket, Alastor saw the still frozen and pungent pinkie ifnger, having adopted a sickly purplish hue. Alastor stuck it in his mouth, making it appear as though he was smoking a cigarette, even though it was more like a lollipop for him. He busted through the door to see the entire floor erupting in chaos.

"Oh, yeah, baby! I am in my element!" He flitted around the halls looking for Anasazi, indulging in frying an ocassional person, super-villain or security. Alastor was most definitely not descriminatory; he killed all kinds of people from all walks of life.

"And this is for your mother! And this is for her mother! And this is for Marilyn! And this is for Fay! Not even calling back, leaving me for that freakin' ape!" He ranted, flying around zapping random people.

Shaun was surprised that his keycard had still worked. He came across a old warehouse, he would spend some time there until he could call in some of the favors he was owed. He broke in, entering the door with his MP5 ready, and night vision enabled. There were other recently escaped supers in here. He shot them, they all went down quickly. Made a slight barricade, it would keep him hidden. He slowly fell into an uneasy sleep.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Sky had finished her dinner and was now wandering around the streets.  It had been a long time since she had been to Mission City and it was pretty decent outside.  She came to a relatively nice area, and decided to take a stroll down some of the more expensive lanes.  She was very compelled to break in to these nice homes, but a small voice in the back of her mind told her that these houses would be a waste of talent.  The most expensive items in these houses wouldn't be worth her time.  She kept walking, not really noticing where she was going until she came upon a rather large manor, separated from the rest of the houses she had passed.  She stopped, looking over the expensive cars, and, more over, the large and grand manor.  The prospect was just to good to resist, seeing as how the manor backed up to woods, and there were no houses close by, the place was practically begging for her to come in.

Sky looked around, and, seeing that nobody was watching her, she quietly teleported to the other side of the front door.  She looked around, her thoughts confirmed that the place was loaded.  Still being as quiet as possible, Sky walked down a hallway and into what looked like a bedroom.  She began to work immediately, searching through drawers and the closet for anything that could turn up a profit.  There was a rather nice condo in the city that she was thinking of purchasing...

jet pack & rocket launcher-800 credits, mandolorian armor-5,000 credits, being the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy-priceless. brought to you by JediMaster Card

337 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Tuesday, March 4, 2008 7:21 pm)

Flame stepped behind the intruder, she was wearing jeans and a sweater, standing in the middle of the room, looking at something shiny. And now she was surrounded by fire. She wasn't burning, but if she tried to get out... Flame stepped through the fire. Who are you? Why are you here? he voiced, he expanded the circle of fire, she backed up, trying to get further away from Flame. He asked again Why are you here?

--

Shaun was back on his motorcycle. He needed to find some place to go, not sleep in some warehouse when Adromeda could be looking for him. He had heard about a woman who might have use for him. She had a mansion on the outskirts of the city, as he drove there, he began to remember.

Shaun had been lying on one of the couches, examining his combat knife, when Chromium approached him. "Is there something you could be doing?" The metal man seemed to be in a bad mood, so Shaun got up and went to the Control Center, to see if there was anything for him. Chink was, as usual, there. "Oh, I suppose you want something to do?" Shaun nodded "Yeah, what do you have?" Chink began scrolling through a few pages."Um....Theres a bank robbery and 1st National." Shaun headed off. "Thanks."

(can i please get a sit rep here)

Canton was now supposed to report back to hq.

Sev is the Master hunter!!!

M'Lure was just leaving her lab with the results on a sheet, on her way to wake the doctor so that he could see it for himself. She knew that if he was anything like the person the she had once worked with that he would devour the information. She wanted to earn his trust. She was sure that was his key to having him fight along with her team.

'Damn," M'Lure thought, "Do I have to get them supersuits now?"

But before she could answer herself her communicater buzzed. It was comming from the one she gave Flame when he went to interrogate the shooter. But he wasn't saying anything into it.  She decided to go find him, he might have gotten something. He wasn't in the interrogation room, where the shooter was sitting. with a confused look on his face. She took that as a good sign. So she went towards the guest bedrooms.

She found what she was looking for behind the first door she opened. It was a wall of fire. "FLAME!" she shouted over the noise of the confilgration. And with that she created a magnetic sheild in front of herself and pushed her way through the flames. Then she saw the reason he'd called her. There was a young woman in the middle of the room, still clutching something in her hands.

"Its ok Flame, you can relax the fire. I get it. We have a theif here. A talented one if she managed to make in inside here."

M'Lure strode over to the girl and took the item out of her hands. "What did you think you were doing, hunny?" An evil smile on her face.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

340 (edited by Lord Revan Wednesday, March 5, 2008 1:25 am)

He was getting aggravated. With lightning speed Jericho clenched his fist and stuck his forearm right where Burnout's head would be in a matter on miliseconds. THWAP! He clotheslined Burnout to the ground, making a dense thud as he hit.

"And the walls came tumbling down." Jericho quickly turned his attention back to Jack...

Jack pulled out his katana and wakizashi, a dead serious look on his face.  He charged at Jericho who dodged left but Jack swiped at his stomach with the shorter offhand sword.  Jack really didn't know if he hit him but he pivoted and came at him again.  Seeing this was quite unfair Jack pulled out one of his other swords and tossed it to Jericho. 

"Now you try."

Jericho caught the sword and swung it through the air, getting a feel for it. "No problemo El Mexicano."

"Well sionara senior."

"Enough small talk." Jericho drew the sword back and waved his hand twords him. "Bring it."

"This IS my signature."

SEV Master hunter wrote:

(can i please get a sit rep here)

Hi there, rep points are given when people think you deserve them, they shouldn't be requested.

Also it seems that you have your Reputation option turned off.

Back to posting:

Haze let out a sigh of relief as Chromium came to her rescue. The dull female voice sounded, "Systems back online."

Releasing the barrier, Haze visibly sagged with relief. She turned to speak to Chromium but he was already off and looked to be heading to the control room. "Thanks," Haze said feeling deflated at Chromium's mood. She knew he didn't like to kill but he could have asked if she was okay.

Haze touched her throat and felt the faint wetness of her own blood. It was minimal but still alarming. "Guess I'll be visiting Med-bay," Haze said to herself as she headed in that direction.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

342 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Wednesday, March 5, 2008 5:55 am)

((Sit rep=situation report, he either A: hasn't read the previous pages, or B: doesn't get it..... No time to add an actual post, just trying to clear this up.))

Burnout rubbed his head.  That was one city whose walls were harder than his head.  With that, Burnout sank into blissful unconsciousness.  Look at the pretty lights.

---

Dusk watched the duel between Jack and Jericho with interest.  The two each had their own advantages, but against each other, there was virtually no advantage, other than Jack's healing factor.  The two were diffulct to watch; they moved so fast.  As he focused on the fight, Dusk did not notice the dark shape that slid up behind him, nor did ne see the glimmer of the reflection of light on a knife...

Adeptus_Astartes wrote:

((Sit rep=situation report, he either A: hasn't read the previous pages, or B: doesn't get it..... No time to add an actual post, just trying to clear this up.))

Ah my mistake, thought it was a typo for Site Rep. Nevermind...

BFFC Moderator

Shaun rode through the city, the buildings becoming first suburbs, then slowly turning to woodlands. He passed houses with their lights on, happy families inside eating. He also passed houses with their lights off, darkened buildings seeming to stand watch against the night. He passed an old abandoned shack. A young boy, watched the procession of Humvees pass the farmhouse he lived in. Sgt. Shaun McMillan was in the third back, in the back seat on the passenger side. He looked out the dusty window, watching an ancient soviet tank as they passed it. The insurgents used them as hiding places frequently, these days. His squad was on patrol. He hated patrol, the roads were safer, but if they hit an IED, he was dead. At least in a firefight he could defend himself. A gust of cold air blew, and he blinked. He found himself in front of a large mansion. "This has to be it.." He muttered to himself, getting of his motorcycle and approaching the door.

Alastor struck the man in the metal suit from behind, driving Bradburry into his armored shoulderblade. The blade did not penetrate the suit, but a shower of sparks was produced by the metal clashing.

"What the--?!?" The armored man was shocked (pardon the pun) by the omini=ous newcomer.

"Need an oil can, Tin Man?"
---------------------------------------------

Mr. Anasazi wasn't exactly 100% on fighting this strange woman, whom he didn't really know much about. She seemed familiar, but he couldn't place a finger on it. He'd have to be careful with this wildcard. He hated it when unexpected players got involved. They made planning for the future so difficult.

Sky was extremely scarred, which was a major problem when trying to teleport.  She knew about other supers, but she had never had any serious encounter with them.  She was now face to face with a lizard man who could create fire, and a woman who could generate some sort of force shield.  The woman had taken the valuables from her, and was now smiling down evilly at her.  Time to make a break for it, Sky thought fleetingly, although with being in such a state of shock, teleporting out of the building was out of the question, so she chose a shorter mark.  She disappeared, reappearing in the doorway with a loud bang and the ominous rattling of the building.  She really had to work on controlling her nerves when she jumped.

"Look,"  she told the woman, "I'm really sorry  about this, just let me leave and I'll be on my way, like nothing ever happened." 

(tell me if I need to edit.)

jet pack & rocket launcher-800 credits, mandolorian armor-5,000 credits, being the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy-priceless. brought to you by JediMaster Card

As Luphineus slept, his dreams were plagued with visions of wolves in the bushes all around him.  They would dart in and out of his path as he walked.  Finally a giant wolf on its hind legs stepped towards him.  It howled then bounded towards him a lashed out with one paw.

Luphineus awoke with a start drenched in sweat.  He got up and found some spiffy clothes folded at the side of the bed.  He changed and made his way to the kitchen to see if there was anything to eat.  But a bang filled the house causing him to pick up the pace to the source of the noise.  He saw Dr. Vic... er M'Lure talking to a woman with Flame and another to the side.  This looked like it was going to get interesting...

---------------------

Jack and Jericho were trading blows back and forth.  It was like poetry in motion.  When Jack brought his sword down Jericho was right there with his blade and coming in for a counter.  Which Jack parried.  So far Jack had been on the defensive most of the time. 

"Well this has been fun and all but I'm going to shift things just a bit."

Jack changed his stance and switched to a more aggressive style.  His double blades were a blur.  Jericho was on his heels as he was not used to being so defensive.  FInally Jack's wakizashi found its way through the defense slicing into Jericho's forearm.  Jericho brought the butt of the sword into Jack's face smashing his nose.  Jack stumbled back but after a few seconds was ready for another go.

"Aww, did poor little Jericho get a little cut?"

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Lightshow was enjoying a sound sleep in his bedroom when he heard a loud bang. Still dressed in his smiley-face boxers, he ran out to the source of the commosion.

"What the frell's goin' on?"

"Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu."
  [url]http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=39267.0[/url]

Dusk winced, more at his own lack of foresight than the attack.  There was a guy with a sword that crackled with electricity.  Lovely.

"Tin Man?  Ouch.  That hurts."  He punctuated his pain by hitting the guy with twin energy blasts.

"You know, it isn't polite to sneak up on someone like that."  He fired off another blast, driving the man to the ground, more stunned than injurd, Dusk assumed.

"Loks like you're grounded."  Dusk mentally winced at his own pun, and waied to see if the man would continue attacking.  Suit sensors indicated that his field was 85% recharged, and increasing.  He could take this guy.