Re: Can a "True Jedi" carry a blaster?

Masterchief wrote:

I know luke carried a heavy blaster pistol ( like han Solo's ) in ESB when he was about to face Vader yikes

But when you think about it, he realy used the pistol, he may not have been confident in his own skill with the lightsaber

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Yes, maybe he was scared of using the lightsaber because he didn't complete his training and went to look for han, chewie, r2, c-3po and lando, princess leia...... He maybe thought he was going to chop his own limbs off with loss of expierience? yikes

You're foolish words can never hurt me

Chaplain Grimaldus wrote:
Ale'ika Skirta wrote:
Adeptus_Astartes wrote:

Was Obi-Wan?

no, to both questions, because remember batteries die, and thats what lightsabers run off of, and as i have stated in my prior arguments in this topic, lukes jedi use blasters frequently

Very good point. I would say that the "older" jedi wouldnt use a blaster but the newer era of jedi seem to have adapted. I would also put Obi-Wan as the "changing of the guard" he might be old but alot of his views were that of a newer jedi. The times changed so the jedi had to adapt or they would have died off for sure.

there where factions in the jedi order, that had different philosphical views thats how Lord Hoth, and the army of light existed, they where one faction, one that believed jedi needed to take an active role in protecting people. Just like there was one faction that believed jedi should merry other jedi or other people to produce more jedi

[i]Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la.[/i]
Not gone, merely marching far away.-----[i]Mandalorian phrase for the departed[/i]

I dont know if this has been said, but lets not forget about Etain Tur-Mukain, she used an LJ-50 concussion rifle quite often, and preferred it almost to her lightsaber. (did i spell that right) from Republic Commando (also good books). Obi wan used a blaster not in a dire situation as aforementioned, but in the Cestus Deception book, he carried it as standard equipment. Also, didn't Mara Jade use one? of course she was part of the new order, which because it was mainly founded by Luke Skywalker, he didn't know rules such as no marriage. In Republic Commando (true colors i think), it gives an interesting view on the force, saying that the jedi of the republic had strayed from their original goal, which was not to sustain a corrupted government, but to do good and help those in need, regardless of regulation.

"Some soldiers say that to reach maximum combat efficiency, they need to be in the zone. Sir; I live in the zone." - RC 1207 'Sev' to RC 1138 'Boss'

55 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Monday, March 10, 2008 5:22 pm)

Merciless Mandalore wrote:

I dont know if this has been said, but lets not forget about Etain Tur-Mukain, she used an LJ-50 concussion rifle quite often, and preferred it almost to her lightsaber. (did i spell that right) from Republic Commando (also good books). Obi wan used a blaster not in a dire situation as aforementioned, but in the Cestus Deception book, he carried it as standard equipment. Also, didn't Mara Jade use one? of course she was part of the new order, which because it was mainly founded by Luke Skywalker, he didn't know rules such as no marriage. In Republic Commando (true colors i think), it gives an interesting view on the force, saying that the jedi of the republic had strayed from their original goal, which was not to sustain a corrupted government, but to do good and help those in need, regardless of regulation.

Etain violated the orders regulations, Mara Jade was an Emporer's Hand, Luke Skywalker, was, as you said part of the new order.

Ale'ika Skirta wrote:

no, to both questions, because remember batteries die, and thats what lightsabers run off of, and as i have stated in my prior arguments in this topic, lukes jedi use blasters frequently

Lightsaber batteries only drain when the blade is interrupted. Power was a problem for them before, but 'modern' lightsabers can operate continuously for years.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

I'm sorry if this is off topic but Merciless Mandalore said that Luke "didn't know rules such as no marriage". Whille he was mostly unaware of the former Jedi order rule, he had a different philosophical view of Jedi when it came to love and marrage. It isn't love or marrage that the older Jedi frown against, but rather the attachment and the actions that come from such an attachment. That is where Anakin had his problem. But as we see with Luke and Mara, it is different.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Merciless Mandalore wrote:

i don't think she PREFERED the conc rifle, but she liked it. and, as said, mara was the Emperors hand, an Assassin who would use anything to get the job done. She gave Ben a vibroblade! It's her style. I don't see any reason why a Jedi couldn't. In "Star by Star" the Jedi strike force used blasters all the time.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

Werda Verd wrote:

i don't think she PREFERED the conc rifle, but she liked it. and, as said, mara was the Emperors hand, an Assassin who would use anything to get the job done. She gave Ben a vibroblade! It's her style. I don't see any reason why a Jedi couldn't. In "Star by Star" the Jedi strike force used blasters all the time.

the blade also had a tracking device but yeah
and look in betrayal (i think thats the one) where the strikeforce sent to get jacen seems to use everything but lightsabers

Not gone, merely marching far away.-----[i]Mandalorian phrase for the departed[/i]

no, it was Star by Star, because its when Jacen's captured in betrayal and yeah, i remember about the tracking device, but the point is that she used all sorts of stuff as weapons, beyond lightsabers

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

Werda Verd i think we are thinking of two different strikeforces
the one i am thinking of had Val Horn and kyle Katarn (sp?)  that went to couscant to get jacen,

oh, yeah. i was thinking of the one that was sent to kill the Voxyn queen. you mean the one sent to kill him? in legacy? cus no one went after him in NJO

--Captain Dynamic--

Yeah, i tried to be as specific as possible with what i was saying but at least you know the one i was talking about now...

sorry, i'd just said Star by Star, so i was thinking of that....lol. now that we're all on the same page....

--Captain Dynamic--