Topic: Dragon-Tongue Lily

When I was in Turkey I was with friends when we saw this strange Plant on a Window
I heard from them,,at long last they had found this Plant and found it was rare,and now he knows WHY!!
it flowered with a 12inch Tongue,,very pleased as the Lily cost a bit...BUT !!!!
THE SMELL was that way if he opened the window the dog would start Howling ,,Postman wouldn't
deliver the mail Buzzards are circling the House and to add insult his wife calls it HIM!!!!
and told me the smell is like over-cooked Cabbage,roasted Garlic and Dead Pork
I had a laugh because I have a Plant ,,and was so pleased when a Green Flower  but the smell
had to hide behind the Curtain as SO [snarling orchid] was going around the House
  saying  ''That cat has done something in the House'' it is outside now still going.
   Bats

Re: Dragon-Tongue Lily

I saw a show on the science channel about a flower that only blooms once after 20 - 30 years of being a bud. The flower also dies very quickly, within days of blooming. The flower is amazingly beautiful though, definately not worth a 40 year wait though...

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

While this is a fungus rather than a plant, I've read in a hand-out at school that there was a mushroom found underground that measured over a kilometer/ mile.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

draco fett wrote:

While this is a fungus rather than a plant, I've read in a hand-out at school that there was a mushroom found underground that measured over a kilometer/ mile.

That's great, you could have drag races on it... or a football game... or a carnival...

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

I could even LIVE on it!  Talk about solitary confinement!  No need to worry about crazy neighbors...

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Unless I moved next to you...

I've always wanted a Venus fly trap.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Interesting story. smile I've always wanted roses, but my parents hate them. sad

"Die? Didn't you know that Spartans never die?'- Spartan-051 "Kurt"

Draco I have  the Venus -Fly-Trap  and call it BoBa,,because I'm sure when it catchs a Fly
it says !!
  This is called a Trap
And I call you DEAD.!!!
Siris the cat sits by it and  looks at it loves to pat it with his Paws,,to see it move,,wait tillit grows BIGGER !!!
   bats