Topic: If Jango had survived the Battle of Geonosis?

If Jango had survived would Darth Sidious/ the Emperor have given him control over the clone army after he came to power, or would Anikin/Vader still be the chosen one of the Empire?

Re: If Jango had survived the Battle of Geonosis?

Course Vader would have he wouldnt have given such an important job to a non force user.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

IG-88 wrote:

Course Vader would have he wouldnt have given such an important job to a non force user.

Exactly.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

You're all assuming Jango would have survived the Clone Wars and the subsequent persecution of those associated with the CIS

"Stupid, frail, non-compartmentalized meatbags!" -HK-47

Darth Vader would stiil be himself cuz Palpatine was watching even before the battle of Geonosis. And I don't think Jango would become leader of the clone army cuz he'd just turn the job down.

there are no star systems slave 1 can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now.    -Boba Fett

Kyr'am_Ordo wrote:

You're all assuming Jango would have survived the Clone Wars and the subsequent persecution of those associated with the CIS

Yes quite right. You know, I would've preferred Jango be killed during the Clone Wars, after the Battle of Geonosis, either by Mace or by some really good clones or something. If a whiny kid like Anakin killed Jango that would be so shameful to Jango. Only someone bad@$$ like Mace Windu/Samuel L. Jackson could take down Fett.

I don't think it was ever Sidious's goal to let Jango surivive. I mean, for what reason should Jango be important ot Sidious? Jango was nothing more than a pawn to him, just like Darth Maul and Count Dooku. Jango had served his purpose as the clone source but failed in assassinating Senator Amidala. If Mace hadn't killed Jango, maybe Count Dooku would have been given the task later He had Anakin slaughter the members of of Trade Federation, Jango was really no different from them in Sidious's self-centered mind.

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

Manji_Ninja wrote:

I don't think it was ever Sidious's goal to let Jango surivive. I mean, for what reason should Jango be important ot Sidious? Jango was nothing more than a pawn to him, just like Darth Maul and Count Dooku. Jango had served his purpose as the clone source but failed in assassinating Senator Amidala. If Mace hadn't killed Jango, maybe Count Dooku would have been given the task later He had Anakin slaughter the members of of Trade Federation, Jango was really no different from them in Sidious's self-centered mind.

Yes!  My thoughts exactly.  In addition, if Anakin had been tasked with killing Jango, he probably would have killed young Boba, as well; eliminating our favorite character and kind of ruining the whole series for all of us.  Also, if Jango was still around, how would Boba have risen to take his place while still maintaining a strong relationship with Jango?  He couldn't dishonor his father by leaving him to wither away in old age, couldn't possibly kill him and maintain his sense of honor, and it wouldn't make sense for him to just leave.  Jango had to go to make way for Boba to become the man he did.

JasterMereel wrote:
Manji_Ninja wrote:

Yes!  My thoughts exactly.  In addition, if Anakin had been tasked with killing Jango, he probably would have killed young Boba, as well; eliminating our favorite character and kind of ruining the whole series for all of us.  Also, if Jango was still around, how would Boba have risen to take his place while still maintaining a strong relationship with Jango?  He couldn't dishonor his father by leaving him to wither away in old age, couldn't possibly kill him and maintain his sense of honor, and it wouldn't make sense for him to just leave.  Jango had to go to make way for Boba to become the man he did.

Oh so you're saying Anakin could kill Jango? Maybe the one from Episode 3 stands a chance, but the whiny padawan from Episode 2? Yeah right, even Obi Wan only landed a few blows.

The only way you could really kill Jango after Geonosis would be to have him get killed by blowing up his ship or having him involved in some sort of planetary-scale disaster because after Geonosis, it'd be likely he'd take Boba out on his trial and make him a full Mando warrior and so now you'd have to fight Boba AND Jango together, and not even Anakin and Obi-Wan together could take them down.

Yes they could Boba was only around 12 he woudnt have been able to beat either of them.

I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

But he was able to beat Mace Windu to a draw at that age

Windu would have killed him in the end.

Possibly, but if Boba alone can fight Windu to a stand-still, Boba and Jango would probably be able to kill him easily

Kyr'am_Ordo wrote:

Actually, Mace commpletely beat Boba, barely trying. Boba did not even land a single hit, I believe. Mace was about to kill Boba, but the Emperor intervined. Boba was wearing his armor, and also had a number of weapons.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

draco fett wrote:
Kyr'am_Ordo wrote:

Actually, Mace commpletely beat Boba, barely trying. Boba did not even land a single hit, I believe. Mace was about to kill Boba, but the Emperor intervined. Boba was wearing his armor, and also had a number of weapons.

Actually, I think Boba landed a punch or two....

Even so only adult Boba could beat Mace.

IG-88 wrote:

Even so only adult Boba could beat Mace.

Jango could've beat him too, or at least lived, if it wasn't for that stupid reek $#!t that attacked him.

19 (edited by IG-88 Saturday, February 3, 2007 1:58 am)

I think Jango would lose against Mace Mace is one of the most powerful Jedi ever.

IG-88 wrote:

i think Jango would lose against Mace Mace is one of the most powerful Jedi ever.

He may lose, but he could've flown away.....

Has anyone ever wondered WHY Mace just killed Jango, after disabling the jetpack, watching him get trampled by the reek, and slicing his blaster in half??  Is it just me, or were the Jedi supposed to be peacekeepers?  Mace could've  just cut his hand off.  Did he really have to kill him?

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Yeah, that's a whole 'nother discussion in it self...

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

I think Jango would've ended up fighting Vader on Mustafar when Vader went  there to kill the CIS leaders.

I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe.

24 (edited by Gustavo_Perez Tuesday, February 20, 2007 5:13 pm)

Mandalorian Assassin wrote:

Has anyone ever wondered WHY Mace just killed Jango, after disabling the jetpack, watching him get trampled by the reek, and slicing his blaster in half??  Is it just me, or were the Jedi supposed to be peacekeepers?  Mace could've  just cut his hand off.  Did he really have to kill him?

Yes! I thought i was the only person wondering that. If he had cut off his hand he could've been arrested.

Niner wrote:

I think Jango would've ended up fighting Vader on Mustafar when Vader went  there to kill the CIS leaders.

OO, what would've happened then?

Armageddon! Lol

I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe.