26 (edited by FettFan79 Friday, February 2, 2007 6:51 pm)

Re: Boba Fett's Armor

Dessert or desert--I wouldn't mind either.  I just miss Arizona this time of year smile  I love the desert.  Yeah, feels more like Hoth where I am too. 

I think the Insider article you refer to, virtualbettie, was in issue #86 (the one with a Yoda drawing on the front anyway).  VERY informative article--LOVED it!

I can agree with that line of reasoning too:  just the sight is enough to create fear in enemies no matter what color it is.  I can see that now--things in Jango's time were a bit shinier now that I think back to the PT.

"Train your sons to be strong, but your daughters to be stronger."--Karen Traviss, Bloodlines

virtualbettie wrote:

Really it has very little to do with old Jango and more to do with George Lucas, you'll notice he likes everything clean and shiny in the prequels. It's suppose to symbolize the era, even the bounty hunter apparently.

And let it never be said that I don't give Boba Fett his due, he lives in a much harsher realm than his old dad did. So it shows on the outside as much as it does on the inside.

Very intelligent, nicely stated. I congratulate you on seeing the reality of the situation. Jango may not blend in in jungles, but in places like Kamino he blends in a lot.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

But how often is he going to be hunting a bounty on Kamino, orr a similar location?

take it easy baby take it as it comes

draco fett wrote:

But how often is he going to be hunting a bounty on Kamino, orr a similar location?

Jungle scenery may be more common, but not by much. There are plenty of other climates as well. Jango would also be a bit camouflaged on a snow and/or ice planet. Better than Boba, anyway.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Tatooine....it's a rimworld and an after dinner treat. Spelling was never my forte .

When I said jango would blend in better in a city scape I was thinking Coruscant ,Corellia, heck even Cloud City.

Anyway this is getting away from the actual topic is it or is it not Jango's silver suit under all that paint?

I've heard it both ways, yes and no. Although it seems to me that Boba wore Jango's suit for a little while (the kid Fett series) and then got his own and put dad's in cold storage for safe and sentimental reasons.

There is a Star Wars tales comic where a guy steals Boba's green armor, and Fett tracks him down and beats his senseless in Jango's armor.Proving that it's the man not the suit that's important.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell

"Twin Engines of Destruction"--that's the one where Boba meets his impersonator. wink

Little Boba wearing his dad's armor at some point would make sense, but I haven't read any of the kid Boba book series yet, I'd like to!

"Train your sons to be strong, but your daughters to be stronger."--Karen Traviss, Bloodlines