Re: what is your favorite death scene on the star wars series

That is almost definatly an exageration. How would anyone know how long it took to digest its food?

take it easy baby take it as it comes

draco fett wrote:

That is almost definatly an exageration. How would anyone know how long it took to digest its food?

They said so in the actual film.

C-3PO: "His high exaltedness, the great Jabba the Hutt has decreed you will be terminated immedaitely. You will therefore be taken to the Dune Sea and cast into the pit of Carkoon, the nesting place of the all-powerful Sarlacc.
In his belly, you will find a new definition of pain and suffering, as you are slowly digested over a thousand years."

Han Solo: "On second thought, let's pass on that, huh?"

Direct quote from the film.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Chances are, that is an exageration, or folklore. I do not see how they could have possibly found out how long it takes it for it to digest its food.

draco fett wrote:

Chances are, that is an exageration, or folklore. I do not see how they could have possibly found out how long it takes it for it to digest its food.

Hey George Lucas wrote the dialogue ok

I know. What I am sayin is that the thousand years of digestion is likely an exageration or folklore within the Star Wars universe, just as we have folklore such as the Men in Black, or Mothmen.

draco fett wrote:

I know. What I am sayin is that the thousand years of digestion is likely an exageration or folklore within the Star Wars universe, just as we have folklore such as the Men in Black, or Mothmen.

To each his own.....

How do you think that they know that it takes a thousand years to digest one victim? I would really like to know.

draco fett wrote:

How do you think that they know that it takes a thousand years to digest one victim? I would really like to know.

Isn't it obvious? They threw somebody in, then they wrote down the date. 1 thousand years later the descendants yelled down into the Sarlacc "You still being digested?!" and the man answered, "YES!!"

Problem solved.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

LOL, sounds logical tongue

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

I don't know, when Boba got out he didn't look so hot. Near death, barely alive in less than a year mind you. I'd say it feels like a thousand years rather than actually digesting that long. Or, there's a biological compound in the beast capable of keeping a sentient that would normally die around the 100's or so alive for a 1,000 years just so it can digest something. Slowly eating away at the host, it's supposed to be a plant if you believe those nutty Tusken Raiders.

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

Maybe one sarlacc can digest another? Sounds creepy, I know cool

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

I don't think you can find one more than one on the same planet. But yet again, it's another legend from those funny loving Tusken Raiders.

Databank wrote:

The Sarlacc has been a puzzle to xenobiologists for years. Very few specimens exist, the largest being on Tatooine. The creature is so remote and so dangerous that extended study has yet to be deemed worthwhile.
The Sarlacc defies easy taxonomic classification. While evidence strongly supports it being an animal, many scientists point to its anchored root-system and spore-based method of reproduction as evidence of plant origin.

On the few planets where Sarlaccs are found, legends have arisen regarding the creature. The fanciful tale of a "thousand year" torment inside the Sarlacc's digestive system may be more fact than fiction, however. Evidence exists of a fibrous network of vessels that attach themselves to a swallowed victim, grotesquely incorporating the being into the Sarlacc's own biological system. Such immersion is accompanied by mind-altering neurotoxins which keep the victim docile. The hallucinations coaxed by the toxins suggest that the Sarlacc somehow absorbs the intelligence of all its victims, who live on in disembodied torment.

These reports are allegedly from the only person known to survive being swallowed by a Sarlacc -- the bounty hunter Boba Fett. His iron will and Mandalorian armor kept him alive inside the beast, and his weapons-covered suit afforded him escape from agony. It would be years before both Fett's body and reputation recovered from the Sarlacc.

But we're probably getting off topic.

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

True, I'm just curious.

My fav death scene is where they kill Jar Jar Binks, oh wait that was just my imagination tongue

BFFC Moderator

it took a thousand years to digest it's prey.   ;o

You've been holding out on us again haven't you? Since you haven't given us enough money, I'll guess I'll have to take it out of you piece by piece! - Unknown Mandalorian.

Maltese Kentaiba wrote:

But we're probably getting off topic.

Not necessarily. We are talking about death within the Star Wars continuity.

true, mostly about the sarlacc pit.

You've been holding out on us again haven't you? Since you haven't given us enough money, I'll guess I'll have to take it out of you piece by piece! - Unknown Mandalorian.

I liked how Vader died.  He went out as a hero, the way the Anakin side of him would've liked.  Although, the Vader side was cooler.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

i liked the death of vader too it's sad but memorable.....snifff!

Nice to know someone agrees with me.  My brothers cheered at his death.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

why.....vader was actually nice....to luke.....you brothers are tratiors!! tratiors ya here!

He was only nice once he turned to the light side.  My brothers don't like Sith, and whenever we play Jedi Outcast, guess who they team up on?  Me.  Anyways, Vader's death was my favourite, but Maul's isn't far behind.

vaders death was very memorable! salute to the sith lord - darth vader

My favourite is Greedo’s death. Though it is the version where Han shoots first that I prefer.

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

99 (edited by Karson Fett Thursday, June 28, 2007 9:43 am)

bobathekid wrote:

the one that is the best for me is the younglines geting killed it is the dark side at its best.

You are cold man.
Mine is when Red leader kamicozes into the Death Star.   "Get set up for your acttack run,"
'AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH' BOOOOOOMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacsveus wrote:

I like when Yoda throws his lightsaber into the chest of one of the Clone Troopers.

I'm with you on that one.  That was a nice touch. 

My favorite, probably, though, was.....

*choke..choke...choke..*

"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."

That was just classic.  Mister "I'll go apologize to Lord Vader personally."  You know his second in command was thinking, "Yeah, you do that, pal.  More power to ya."

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."