Re: Storm Trooper voice change

they might've described him as a slug, but any one could see that he was not a slug, you say its not a charachter change well so is changing a voice people act like boba fett is a completly different person now. Its just a voice it wouldnt be a dramatic change in the movies boba fett and the troopers dont say much any ways. the only line i remember from a trooper is "open the blast doors". Do troopers even say anything in ESB and ROTJ?

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

27 (edited by Jacsveus Monday, December 4, 2006 8:15 pm)

Of course they do! Um...I just don't remember what...;)
How about "The Death Star plans are not in the main computer." Yeah, that's one...

"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
     --Boba Fett

draco fett wrote:

Many of us are grew up with the Original Trilogy, and therefore think that it should not be influenced by the Prequles. In my opinion, the Prequles should not have been created.

And why shouldn't they have been created

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

29 (edited by draco fett Tuesday, December 5, 2006 1:05 pm)

They added or lead to garbage like midichlorines, Jango, clones, Jar Jar, voice changes, and continuity issues.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

draco fett wrote:

They added or lead to garbage like midichlorines, Jango, clones, Jar Jar, voice changes, and continuity issues.

Technicly they didnt lead to clones luke says to obi wan in a new hope "You faught in the clone wars?" so no matter what there was clones, jar jar was aimed to apeal to children so maybe that shouldnt be so fround upon he wasnt supposed to be a bad *** mercenary. I dont mind the voice changes I pretty much prefer them, Morrisons voice goes great with Boba. Midichlorians make everything about the force make sense who are we to say that all these are garbage? They perfected Star Wars.

31 (edited by IG-88 Sunday, December 10, 2006 6:01 am)

I hated the voice change plus it was unfair on Jason Wingreen just like saying we found a better person for it, and in no way is Morrisons voice better it does'nt sound unemotional and threatening like how it is described in all the books with Boba.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Jesse Fett wrote:

Midichlorians make everything about the force make sense who are we to say that all these are garbage? They perfected Star Wars.

The Original Trilogy perfected Star Wars. The Midichloians make no sence. How can something in your blood give you telekinises, and myriads of other powers? If it is all in your blood, there is no Force.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

33 (edited by Miba Sunday, December 10, 2006 6:59 pm)

As Qui-Gon said, they just translate for the Force. "...telling us the will of the Force". They aren't the Force, they just act as a sort of translater. Midichlorians I mean.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Jesse Fett wrote:
draco fett wrote:

Technicly they didnt lead to clones luke says to obi wan in a new hope "You faught in the clone wars?" so no matter what there was clones, jar jar was aimed to apeal to children so maybe that shouldnt be so fround upon he wasnt supposed to be a bad *** mercenary. I dont mind the voice changes I pretty much prefer them, Morrisons voice goes great with Boba. Midichlorians make everything about the force make sense who are we to say that all these are garbage? They perfected Star Wars.

I think its a bit assumptive to say that all the changes have "perfected" Star Wars.

Dravage wrote:
Jesse Fett wrote:
draco fett wrote:

I think its a bit assumptive to say that all the changes have "perfected" Star Wars.

From an obsessing point of view maybe, we really cant change each others opinions. We need to get used to the fact that this is the way star wars is we cant change that, only Lucas can and if he wants to change it its still good enough for me.

draco fett wrote:

Just because Jango wasnt as good as Boba does not mean he is "trash." He was the best bounty hunter of his time. The clones weren't trash either they were way better than the clumsy, weak stormtroopers.

Stormtroopers are weak because the Empire beat the humanity out of them. They don't think, they don't care.

But in all honesty, I don't mind you folks argueing about the difference between Prequals and originals. Just not here, this is about a voice change. Which sounds like a terrible idea, like I said, Stormies are people.

The Jabba in the original was supposed to be his double. There's a short story that mentions it I think. Although Hutt's and humans have little in common.

Voice does play a big part in movies, and I'd like to hear as little of Temura as possible. Nothing again New Zealanders, but it poisoned Boba's voice for me.

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

Nothing against the voice, it's simply just not Boba. And it's definitely not stormtroopers.

Maltese Kentaiba wrote:

Stormies are people.

Ditto, giving them all the same voice would dehumanize them (even though I admit that clones are people too).  If they were bred and trained for war, I wouldn't feel as much sympathy for them as if, say, they were Tatooinian farmboys, or guys like Davin Felth.  (And if they ever change "Look Sir, droids!" to Temuera's voice....)

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

A lot of stormtroopers were individuals during the Galactic Civil War time period but their were still squads of cloned stormtroopers probably not of Jango.  In the book Dark Force Rising Thrawn used cloned stormtroopers, and the answer to the earlier question it was Lt. Pol Treidum who asked "TK-422 why aren't you at your post?".
Other famous clones are that of Luke Skywalker, The Emperor, Baron Soontier Fel, and Grand Admiral Thrawn.  So the voices should stay the same in my opinion.

BFFC Chrys wrote:
Maltese Kentaiba wrote:

Stormies are people.

Ditto, giving them all the same voice would dehumanize them (even though I admit that clones are people too).  If they were bred and trained for war, I wouldn't feel as much sympathy for them as if, say, they were Tatooinian farmboys, or guys like Davin Felth.  (And if they ever change "Look Sir, droids!" to Temuera's voice....)

Yeh dawg the stormtrooper who said that adds spice to life.