Re: Boba or Jango?

Gustavo_Perez wrote:

How easily you are all swayed. Until the day any of you become a better father or bounty hunter, Jango is still good at both.

Ok see I agreed that your point of view was logical... until now. Why is he good at what he does until we become better than him? I suck at tennis. My friend Dennis sucks at tennis, but is slightly better than me. Does that make him good at tennis? No, just better than me.

Also, I can't be a father at the moment... or a bounty hunter for that matter, so why does my inability to be like Jango make him good at both? My dad is a better father than Jango (he never used me as bait)... so now I guess Jango loses.

Also, why make comments about other peoples opinions being swayed? They had a thought. They decided to change their minds. Now they are "easily swayed"? If everyone stuck permentantly to one idea, the world would be in constant global war. Some people aren't 100% stubborn.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Boba or Jango?

99% though.....
No seriously.  Logic has its uses, but there is a time where one must let his/her faith decide for them.  This is (in my opinion) one of those times, and I truly believe that Boba is Jango's superior, regardless of Jango's skill.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

153 (edited by Gustavo_Perez Tuesday, March 27, 2007 8:54 pm)

Re: Boba or Jango?

Fetterthanyou wrote:
Gustavo_Perez wrote:

How easily you are all swayed. Until the day any of you become a better father or bounty hunter, Jango is still good at both.

Ok see I agreed that your point of view was logical... until now. Why is he good at what he does until we become better than him? I suck at tennis. My friend Dennis sucks at tennis, but is slightly better than me. Does that make him good at tennis? No, just better than me.

Also, I can't be a father at the moment... or a bounty hunter for that matter, so why does my inability to be like Jango make him good at both? My dad is a better father than Jango (he never used me as bait)... so now I guess Jango loses.

Also, why make comments about other peoples opinions being swayed? They had a thought. They decided to change their minds. Now they are "easily swayed"? If everyone stuck permentantly to one idea, the world would be in constant global war. Some people aren't 100% stubborn.

How fortunate that I don't value your opinion. Also, my comment about being a better father and whatnot was directed at the people saying Jango was a bad father and all. Their opinion is not without bias., and what I meant was that they don't know what fathers and bounty hunter's go through, therefore their criticism should be a bit "lighter". About the easily swayed thing, I guess I was partly wrong. I guess most people focus on the negatives of Jango, and that no one here truly valued him. A shame. I still stand on the fact that it didn't take much to change their minds though.

draco fett wrote:

Exactly. I'm saying that you don't need much to be better than Jango.

Oh in that case Obi-Wan sucks since he got his @$$ kicked by Jango, right?

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Boba or Jango?

No kidding that was a pretty darn close fight.  We have to people on either side who will obviously not be swayed.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Re: Boba or Jango?

Gustavo_Perez wrote:

How fortunate that I don't value your opinion. Also, my comment about being a better father and whatnot was directed at the people saying Jango was a bad father and all. Their opinion is not without bias., and what I meant was that they don't know what fathers and bounty hunter's go through, therefore their criticism should be a bit "lighter". About the easily swayed thing, I guess I was partly wrong. I guess most people focus on the negatives of Jango, and that no one here truly valued him. A shame. I still stand on the fact that it didn't take much to change their minds though.

draco fett wrote:

Exactly. I'm saying that you don't need much to be better than Jango.

Oh in that case Obi-Wan sucks since he got his @$$ kicked by Jango, right?

1. Let's not try to start fights.
2. Forcing your child into potentially deadly situations so that you can murder innocent people does not make you a bad father? Wow.
3. Your opinion is not without bias.
4. I guess some people focus on the positives of Jango, and are oblivious to the negativities. A shame.
5. Many people here truly value Jango.
6. I did not say that it takes much to be a better fighter than Jango. I said that it does not take much to be a better bounty hunter and father than Jango.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

156 (edited by Gustavo_Perez Wednesday, March 28, 2007 1:15 pm)

Re: Boba or Jango?

draco fett wrote:
Gustavo_Perez wrote:

How fortunate that I don't value your opinion. Also, my comment about being a better father and whatnot was directed at the people saying Jango was a bad father and all. Their opinion is not without bias., and what I meant was that they don't know what fathers and bounty hunter's go through, therefore their criticism should be a bit "lighter". About the easily swayed thing, I guess I was partly wrong. I guess most people focus on the negatives of Jango, and that no one here truly valued him. A shame. I still stand on the fact that it didn't take much to change their minds though.

draco fett wrote:

Exactly. I'm saying that you don't need much to be better than Jango.

Oh in that case Obi-Wan sucks since he got his @$$ kicked by Jango, right?

1. Let's not try to start fights.
2. Forcing your child into potentially deadly situations so that you can murder innocent people does not make you a bad father? Wow.
3. Your opinion is not without bias.
4. I guess some people focus on the positives of Jango, and are oblivious to the negativities. A shame.
5. Many people here truly value Jango.
6. I did not say that it takes much to be a better fighter than Jango. I said that it does not take much to be a better bounty hunter and father than Jango.

1.lol
2. 1 mistake does not sum up one's character. In the big picture, Jango treated Boba well.
3. Perhaps you are correct; however, I would say I have a little less bias than other opinions.
4. I don't mean to focus on the positives, it's just people seem to be exaggerating the negatives.
5. Like who?
6. Perhaps there are many fathers who are better than Jango; however,when it comes to bounty hunting, in the Star Wars Universe, only Boba surpasses Jango. Unless you think overwise?

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Boba or Jango?

Dude you only say you dont value his appinion because its against what you have said thats not a good reason. Espeshily when he is one of the smarter members of this board.

Jango dosent seem to be much of a great bounty hunter a deccent warrior but he dosent think like Boba and some of the other great bounty hunters that's what really sets him apart.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Re: Boba or Jango?

Gustavo_Perez wrote:

1.lol
2. 1 mistake does not sum up one's character. In the big picture, Jango treated Boba well.
3. Perhaps you are correct; however, I would say I have a little less bias than other opinions.
4. I don't mean to focus on the positives, it's just people seem to be exaggerating the negatives.
5. Like who?
6. Perhaps there are many fathers who are better than Jango; however,when it comes to bounty hunting, in the Star Wars Universe, only Boba surpasses Jango. Unless you think overwise?

1. Some of the things that you said sounded rather insulting, in my opinion.
2. He left Boba alone nearly constantly. He told Boba that he should not have friends.
3. Typically, the people with larger biases are the ones who tend to get angry while in a debate. "How fortunate that I don't value your opinion" sounds pretty angry to me.
4. And others over lok the negatives.
5. "Jango_Rules" and a myriad of newbs.
6. I think that at least Wesell, Sing, and Vaara (I think that that was her name) were better than him, as they did his bounty hunting.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Boba or Jango?

Alright if you guys are gunna trash talk, do it somewhere else. Find a thunderdome and duke it out for all i care.

The only thing I will say about that is Gustavo, while i value your opinion on the subject, you have to accept the fact that others will disagree with you. Saying, "Good thing I don't value your opinion" is a little harsh since this is supposed to be a friendly forum. Also, saying people are easily swayed is a bit of an overstatement since it took 6 pages of heated debate for them to make up their minds.

I never disagreed with the fact that Jango was a good Bounty Hunter. (unlike some people who I won't name... but it rhymes with Brako Lett) I just said that Boba was better because... he is, I won't repeat my reasons because I have clearly stated them before. Since this topic is called "Boba or Jango" I believe it is fair to let everyone speak their opinion and have it valued. If not, I see no reason to have a topic about it in the first place.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Boba or Jango?

Fetterthanyou wrote:

Alright if you guys are gunna trash talk, do it somewhere else. Find a thunderdome and duke it out for all i  [sic] care.

No one is trash talking.

Fetterthanyou wrote:

I never disagreed with the fact that Jango was a good Bounty Hunter. (unlike some people who I won't name... but it rhymes with Brako Lett)

I don't care if you directly refer to me.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

161 (edited by Gustavo_Perez Wednesday, March 28, 2007 3:27 pm)

Re: Boba or Jango?

draco fett wrote:
Gustavo_Perez wrote:

1.lol
2. 1 mistake does not sum up one's character. In the big picture, Jango treated Boba well.
3. Perhaps you are correct; however, I would say I have a little less bias than other opinions.
4. I don't mean to focus on the positives, it's just people seem to be exaggerating the negatives.
5. Like who?
6. Perhaps there are many fathers who are better than Jango; however,when it comes to bounty hunting, in the Star Wars Universe, only Boba surpasses Jango. Unless you think overwise?

1. Some of the things that you said sounded rather insulting, in my opinion.
2. He left Boba alone nearly constantly. He told Boba that he should not have friends.
3. Typically, the people with larger biases are the ones who tend to get angry while in a debate. "How fortunate that I don't value your opinion" sounds pretty angry to me.
4. And others over lok the negatives.
5. "Jango_Rules" and a myriad of newbs.
6. I think that at least Wesell, Sing, and Vaara (I think that that was her name) were better than him, as they did his bounty hunting.

1. Cry me a river.
2. And? You have implied that you don't have much friends either. Besides most people aren't good friends anyway so why bother with them?
3. Not angry, just a bit harsh. But you can suck it up, I'm sure.
5. lol
6. Just part of it, not all of it.

Fetterthanyou wrote:

Alright if you guys are gunna trash talk, do it somewhere else. Find a thunderdome and duke it out for all i care.

The only thing I will say about that is Gustavo, while i value your opinion on the subject, you have to accept the fact that others will disagree with you. Saying, "Good thing I don't value your opinion" is a little harsh since this is supposed to be a friendly forum. Also, saying people are easily swayed is a bit of an overstatement since it took 6 pages of heated debate for them to make up their minds.

I never disagreed with the fact that Jango was a good Bounty Hunter. (unlike some people who I won't name... but it rhymes with Brako Lett) I just said that Boba was better because... he is, I won't repeat my reasons because I have clearly stated them before. Since this topic is called "Boba or Jango" I believe it is fair to let everyone speak their opinion and have it valued. If not, I see no reason to have a topic about it in the first place.

No one is trash talking. Also, I don't see why you would value my relatively worthless opinion, other than the fact that it shows some intelligience. Besides, about the "value your opinion" line I said, please, you can suck up harmless words like those. I would say more but I have some stuff to watch on Ebay. Sayonara.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Boba or Jango?

Gustavo_Perez wrote:

1. Cry me a river.
2. And? You have implied that you don't have much friends either. Besides most people aren't good friends anyway so why bother with them?
3. Not angry, just a bit harsh. But you can suck it up, I'm sure.
5. lol
6. Just part of it, not all of it.

1. Not much to respond to.
2. Yes, but that is because I do not want any, not because my dad will not let me have any.
3. I'd just like a flame-war not to start.
4. Nothing to respond to.
5. Not much to respond to.
6. You're right, only the difficult missions. Jango will take the ones in which he can slaughter the innocent, as long as he can use his ten year old son as bait.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

163 (edited by Gustavo_Perez Wednesday, March 28, 2007 5:17 pm)

Re: Boba or Jango?

draco fett wrote:
Gustavo_Perez wrote:

1. Cry me a river.
2. And? You have implied that you don't have much friends either. Besides most people aren't good friends anyway so why bother with them?
3. Not angry, just a bit harsh. But you can suck it up, I'm sure.
5. lol
6. Just part of it, not all of it.

1. Not much to respond to.
2. Yes, but that is because I do not want any, not because my dad will not let me have any.
3. I'd just like a flame-war not to start.
4. Nothing to respond to.
5. Not much to respond to.
6. You're right, only the difficult missions. Jango will take the ones in which he can slaughter the innocent, as long as he can use his ten year old son as bait.

Instead of saying nothing to respond to just skip it, as I skipped number 4.

2. Boba had friends anyway.
6. What about the events in Star Wars Bounty Hunter? What's your opinion on that?

IG-88 wrote:

Dude you only say you dont value his appinion because its against what you have said thats not a good reason. Espeshily when he is one of the smarter members of this board.

Jango dosent seem to be much of a great bounty hunter a deccent warrior but he dosent think like Boba and some of the other great bounty hunters that's what really sets him apart.

Ypu aren't one to tell me why I do what I do. Even if he agreed with me I wouldn't value his opinion. When you say other great bounty hunters, who exactly are you referring to?

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Boba or Jango?

Gustavo_Perez wrote:

2. Boba had friends anyway.
6. What about the events in Star Wars Bounty Hunter? What's your opinion on that?

2. But Jango tried to get him to have no friends. Boba went against Jango's wishes, and he turned out great.
6. At that point, Jango had nothing to live for, so he had no reason to value his life.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Boba or Jango?

draco fett wrote:
Gustavo_Perez wrote:

2. Boba had friends anyway.
6. What about the events in Star Wars Bounty Hunter? What's your opinion on that?

2. But Jango tried to get him to have no friends. Boba went against Jango's wishes, and he turned out great.
6. At that point, Jango had nothing to live for, so he had no reason to value his life.

2. But he wasn't great because he had friends, so they weren't necessary.
6. But the point I'm trying to make is that Jango isn't the coward you imply him to be.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

166 (edited by cujo Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:13 pm)

Re: Boba or Jango?

let us settle this with a thumb war best 3 out of 5, on alternating weekends after arbor day.

dont you wish real life had an edit button...

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson
[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42831046]Cujos' MySpace[/url]

Re: Boba or Jango?

Enough with the numbers.  You are both radicals in your opinions.  There is no point in debating when you two obviously aren't going to get anywhere and are on the verge of flaming.  I wouldn't say Boba truly had any friends.  And draco you over exaggerate occasionally.  There is no way Zam was better.  Although Sing was good.  But not the best.  There was a reason there were Jango clones.  Not some crazed vampiric lady with a radio receptor coming out of her head.  Jango was definatly good, like I've said before, you aren't choosen by a Sith if you are a total coward who hires bounty hunters to do his dirty work.  He's not the best father, but how good a father can you be as a bounty hunter?  And draco why do you say he had nothing to live for during the events of Bounty Hunter?  He was a bounty hunter, he wanted credits.  Like any other person in the galaxy.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Re: Boba or Jango?

Gustavo_Perez wrote:
draco fett wrote:
Gustavo_Perez wrote:

1. Cry me a river.
2. And? You have implied that you don't have much friends either. Besides most people aren't good friends anyway so why bother with them?
3. Not angry, just a bit harsh. But you can suck it up, I'm sure.
5. lol
6. Just part of it, not all of it.

1. Not much to respond to.
2. Yes, but that is because I do not want any, not because my dad will not let me have any.
3. I'd just like a flame-war not to start.
4. Nothing to respond to.
5. Not much to respond to.
6. You're right, only the difficult missions. Jango will take the ones in which he can slaughter the innocent, as long as he can use his ten year old son as bait.

Instead of saying nothing to respond to just skip it, as I skipped number 4.

2. Boba had friends anyway.
6. What about the events in Star Wars Bounty Hunter? What's your opinion on that?

IG-88 wrote:

Dude you only say you dont value his appinion because its against what you have said thats not a good reason. Espeshily when he is one of the smarter members of this board.

Jango dosent seem to be much of a great bounty hunter a deccent warrior but he dosent think like Boba and some of the other great bounty hunters that's what really sets him apart.

Ypu aren't one to tell me why I do what I do. Even if he agreed with me I wouldn't value his opinion. When you say other great bounty hunters, who exactly are you referring to?

Lol just funny seeing somone get pi$$ed off about a conversation. other great bounty hunters such as Dengar Cradossak Aurra Sing etc.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

169 (edited by draco fett Thursday, March 29, 2007 11:14 am)

Re: Boba or Jango?

Sev Fett wrote:

Enough with the numbers.  You are both radicals in your opinions.  There is no point in debating when you two obviously aren't going to get anywhere and are on the verge of flaming.  I wouldn't say Boba truly had any friends.  And draco you over exaggerate occasionally.  There is no way Zam was better.  Although Sing was good.  But not the best.  There was a reason there were Jango clones.  Not some crazed vampiric lady with a radio receptor coming out of her head.  Jango was definatly good, like I've said before, you aren't choosen by a Sith if you are a total coward who hires bounty hunters to do his dirty work.  He's not the best father, but how good a father can you be as a bounty hunter?  And draco why do you say he had nothing to live for during the events of Bounty Hunter?  He was a bounty hunter, he wanted credits.  Like any other person in the galaxy.

No one is about to flame anyone else. Having someone disagree with me does not bother me. You cannot clone skill. I said that he had nothing to live for because all of his family, commrades, and friends were dead. Later, that middleman who was the closest thing that he had to a friend died aswell.

Other great bounty hunters: Kenix Kil, IG-88, Jodo Kast, Dh'arh'an, Gallandro, Boussh, etc.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Boba or Jango?

You've been quite angry lately Gustavo, I don't see why you feel the need to bash the thoughts of others. Do you think it makes you cool to say, "Your opinion is worthless" and "You can suck it up"? Seriously, it just makes you look like a jerk in the eyes of everyone on the forum. And before you say, "I don't care what everybody thinks their opinionis worthless." just look back at what you said and think about it. And anytime you just try to act tough on a forum is going to fail miserably, because everyone is just going to laugh at you.

And while both Gustavo and Draco have both said that nobody is trash talking... I beg to differ. "Cry me a river." and anything you have to say "suck it up" about was obviously meant to be insulting. Thus trash talking.

Get over yourselves and your own obviouslly unchanging opinions and state some reasons. If you think Jango is better than Zam, say "Jango's accomplishments here here and here prove he is better than Zam." Then somebody else can say, "Good point." or "No I disagree and here's why."

This topic is going to Heck in a handbasket and if it doesn't change soon, there will be no stopping the conflagration that has already ignited.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Boba or Jango?

If I offened anyone, I truly apologize.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Boba or Jango?

It's okay, but WOW.  When you guys argue it's like a nuke going off in the forums!  I understand both sides of the srgument, and I understand what Draco is trying to say.  I also understand whatb Gustavo is trying to say, and I agree with elements from both of their reasoning.  Need I remind anyone that this forum is about whether Jango isb better than Boba?  Everyone so far has stated their opinions on this so far, and even Gustavo said that Boba was a superior Bounty Hunter.  Myself, I agree with that, as does most of the rest of us.  The other elements, however, can be disputed.  Just please, for the sake of third parties, keep the disputes to a friendly level, and not decimate the boards, eh? 
That's just my two cents to put in.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

173 (edited by Gustavo_Perez Thursday, March 29, 2007 5:34 pm)

Re: Boba or Jango?

IG-88 wrote:
Gustavo_Perez wrote:
draco fett wrote:

1. Not much to respond to.
2. Yes, but that is because I do not want any, not because my dad will not let me have any.
3. I'd just like a flame-war not to start.
4. Nothing to respond to.
5. Not much to respond to.
6. You're right, only the difficult missions. Jango will take the ones in which he can slaughter the innocent, as long as he can use his ten year old son as bait.

Instead of saying nothing to respond to just skip it, as I skipped number 4.

2. Boba had friends anyway.
6. What about the events in Star Wars Bounty Hunter? What's your opinion on that?

IG-88 wrote:

Dude you only say you dont value his appinion because its against what you have said thats not a good reason. Espeshily when he is one of the smarter members of this board.

Jango dosent seem to be much of a great bounty hunter a deccent warrior but he dosent think like Boba and some of the other great bounty hunters that's what really sets him apart.

Ypu aren't one to tell me why I do what I do. Even if he agreed with me I wouldn't value his opinion. When you say other great bounty hunters, who exactly are you referring to?

Lol just funny seeing somone get pi$$ed off about a conversation. other great bounty hunters such as Dengar Cradossak Aurra Sing etc.

Harsh vocabulary does not necessarily mean I am pissed off. More like, impatience.

Fetterthanyou wrote:

You've been quite angry lately Gustavo, I don't see why you feel the need to bash the thoughts of others. Do you think it makes you cool to say, "Your opinion is worthless" and "You can suck it up"? Seriously, it just makes you look like a jerk in the eyes of everyone on the forum. And before you say, "I don't care what everybody thinks their opinionis worthless." just look back at what you said and think about it. And anytime you just try to act tough on a forum is going to fail miserably, because everyone is just going to laugh at you.

And while both Gustavo and Draco have both said that nobody is trash talking... I beg to differ. "Cry me a river." and anything you have to say "suck it up" about was obviously meant to be insulting. Thus trash talking.

Get over yourselves and your own obviouslly unchanging opinions and state some reasons. If you think Jango is better than Zam, say "Jango's accomplishments here here and here prove he is better than Zam." Then somebody else can say, "Good point." or "No I disagree and here's why."

This topic is going to Heck in a handbasket and if it doesn't change soon, there will be no stopping the conflagration that has already ignited.

First off, I don't think it makes me cool to say what I said, and I don't know why you would ask such an absurd question. Secondly, what is there to think about? I'm not trying to act "tough" and "everyone" can laugh as much as they want. Besides, if you're trying to help somehow, it's not really working. And for the record, I'm not exactly angry, but losing patience.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Boba or Jango?

I know what you're trying to say, but there may be a more tactful way of saying it.  (If anyone knows could they please tell me, I, apparently, need to learn tact as well...)  What I don't understand is why no one is attempting to get back on topic.  We've all had our say in the argument, and now it's time to let the argument die, and continue on with the topic.  If no one agrees with me, that's too bad, because I really don't want to have to endure another two pages of debate.  If you want to argue, can you not start a new argument thread?  Just PLEASE, everyone, return to topic!

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Re: Boba or Jango?

Mandalorian Assassin wrote:

I know what you're trying to say, but there may be a more tactful way of saying it.  (If anyone knows could they please tell me, I, apparently, need to learn tact as well...)  What I don't understand is why no one is attempting to get back on topic.  We've all had our say in the argument, and now it's time to let the argument die, and continue on with the topic.  If no one agrees with me, that's too bad, because I really don't want to have to endure another two pages of debate.  If you want to argue, can you not start a new argument thread?  Just PLEASE, everyone, return to topic!

I agree but I also think that most of us have already stated our opinions, and that this thread can only last so long.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."