Re: Boba or Jango?

I vote Jango for now.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Commander Appo wrote:

I vote Jango for now.

Why

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

The Cloner wrote:

So what are we going to think if George gives Boba a role in the TV-series? I guess he will have Temuera's voice and still be cool...

By the way, I just got Tales of the Bounty Hunters, so what do you guys say I should think about Jaster Mereel?
Should I think Jaster Mereel is a fake name? Or should I think it's the story that Boba spread himself to cover his past and to make sure noone knew that he is infact a clone?
Actually I haven't read it all yet. I'm going to read alot this evening.

Read the story on Wookieepedia. I don't really know the whole story myself, but Jaster is now the Mandalorian who took Jango in when his parents were killed by the other faction.

29 (edited by Commander Appo Tuesday, January 2, 2007 5:51 pm)

Gustavo_Perez wrote:
Commander Appo wrote:

I vote Jango for now.

Why

I kinda go through "phases" about what character I like. First it was Commander Appo and Boba Fett, then it was Darth Revan, and now it's Jango. Jango has an interesting story. If you haven't read it, go to the Wookiepedia and read it now.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Boba Fett is the greater Hunter, he has more successes and a longer carreer than Jango. Personally I prefer Boba's style over Jango's, though I want to point out that Jango's carreer might have been as impressive as Boba's if he hadn't lived during a time when Jedi were so prolific. Being a bounty hunter during the Old Republic meant running into a lot of Jedi, and of course the Jedi didn't look favorably on Mandalorians. Boba deals with Darth Vader, but as far as I know they only clashed once (over some woman's head), other than that little to no contact with Jedi-types until the New Republic Era. And those Jedi are few, and not as extensively trained as Old Rep. Jedi. Overall, Boba does what everyone hopes from their son, he surpasses his father.

"Home is where the armor is."

Boba has killed many Jedi.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Jango has also killed many Jedi.

Bal kote, Darasuum kote. Jorso'ran kando a tome - And glory, eternal glory, We shall bear it's weight together.

They've both killed plenty of Jedi, but of the two only Jango had to deal with a Galaxy spanning organisation dedicated to defending the peace, the Jedi Order. Which would bring Groups of Jedi into conlfict with Bounty Hunters, Mercenaries, Assassins, Smugglers, Pirates, Ninjas, and all other cool professions. Boba had the Empire to deal with, which employed the services of Bounty Hunters , Mercenaries, Assassins, and to a limited extent Smugglers and Pirates in its effort to maintain control of the Galaxy. Basically what I'm saying is Boba lives during a time that is more tolerant of of his profession.

"Home is where the armor is."

Ah but remember Jango chose a side by being employed fully by Dooku.

Boba remained freelance at all times, he took on jobs for both sides of the law. No boundaries for Mr B Fett, which allowed him to go on to greater things...

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Of course Boba,
Jango Fett got killed easily, plus when i use him in battlefront 2 i always die, but boba fett rocks out loud

I would change the world, if only i had the source code.  :cool:

i vote for Boba because his arsenal is so much better and he was trained by Jango to a certain extent

"I will bet all my Star Wars guys. Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Except Boba Fett. No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett man."
―Peter Griffin

maphestus wrote:

They've both killed plenty of Jedi, but of the two only Jango had to deal with a Galaxy spanning organisation dedicated to defending the peace, the Jedi Order. Which would bring Groups of Jedi into conlfict with Bounty Hunters, Mercenaries, Assassins, Smugglers, Pirates, Ninjas, and all other cool professions. Boba had the Empire to deal with, which employed the services of Bounty Hunters , Mercenaries, Assassins, and to a limited extent Smugglers and Pirates in its effort to maintain control of the Galaxy. Basically what I'm saying is Boba lives during a time that is more tolerant of of his profession.

It's good to see our new member sees the reality of the situation. Couldnt have said it better myself.

Boba all the way sucka'

"lets get right down to our bloody buisness!"- Awarru Tark

You know i've always liked Boba and Jango but I would have to pick Boba.I picked Boba because well his armours way better than his fathers but I sincerly liked how he never took his helmet off.I really thought it was cool how he acted so mysterious.He always got good bountys and always got him self to higher pay. To bad he didnt get good fight scenes in the movies like his father.

Devin Fett wrote:

You know i've always liked Boba and Jango but I would have to pick Boba.I picked Boba because well his armours way better than his fathers but I sincerly liked how he never took his helmet off.I really thought it was cool how he acted so mysterious.He always got good bountys and always got him self to higher pay. To bad he didnt get good fight scenes in the movies like his father.

Nicely stated. I can't stress enough how much the fight scenes with Boba could've been a little improved.

No contest, this one goes to Boba hands down.

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

42 (edited by Faramir Tuesday, December 19, 2006 5:37 am)

I vote for Boba his armor is more cooler than Jango. And many ppl might like Jango Fett because he got more action than Boba in the movies but there are some pretty good fan films out there in the net where you can see Boba in action.

"Mandalorians don't make threats. We make promises."

Faramir wrote:

I vote for Boba his armor is more cooler than Jango. And many ppl might like Jango Fett because he got more action than Boba in the movies but there are some pretty good fan films out there in the net where you can see Boba in action.

You gotta admit Jango kicked some @$$ in AOTC.

i most definately would say boba fett because he not only managed to laugh in the face of death & survive but he also becomes the last clone alive/best bounty hunter in the world

My name is Thorer,emporer demon slayer, beast of eternal darkness - Thorer to Kai, beast of dragons

Faramir wrote:

i'd say tjat boba actually did more cool stuff than that @$$hole jango

My name is Thorer,emporer demon slayer, beast of eternal darkness - Thorer to Kai, beast of dragons

You can edit your posts.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

i seem 2 b doing a lot of double posting now don't i draco

Dexor Fett wrote:

i seem 2 b doing a lot of double posting now don't i draco

Stop provoking draco or you will regret it. You remind me of that punk 4-LOM who also didn't like draco, and he's not around anymore. Ya wanna end up like him?

Thank you, but I do not think he was trying to provoke me. If he was, he would probably have double posted, after I asked him not to.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

i wasn't provoking him i was simply jus stating a fact