Re: "The Beginning of The End" story of the 101st MSB

Great Chapter!! Can't Wait Intill The Next One!!! :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d

Bal kote, Darasuum kote. Jorso'ran kando a tome - And glory, eternal glory, We shall bear it's weight together.

thanks, ch9 is in the writing stage!

"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe"

103 (edited by Lord Revan Saturday, December 2, 2006 3:31 pm)

Thanks. Yet, another good chapter!

"This IS my signature."

i finnaly got some time to get back on, this thing is addicting!! lol im wicked tired so i'll post the next chapter tommorow, expect heavy fighting and lots o' blood.

i couldnt wait any longer, heres a sample of tommorow chapter.....

Jango shook his head trying to clear his vision. He coughed and a dark red substance spattered the inside of his visor, he tasted blood.
    Still delirious from the blast, Jango shakily got to his feet.  His blasters were missing.  Around him chaos ensued. Laser bolts pelted the concrete all around him but he barely gave notice.  The roof had erupted into a killing field, armored bodies were strewn everywhere while the ones lucky enough to still be living fought for their lives.  Something else caught his eye.  A figure in Mandalorian armor lay motionless in a pool of crimson blood, his hands still holding the remains of his own intestines. An autocannon round had burned clean through his torsoe plate.  With a sudden grim realization, Jango recognized the fallen warrior.

hows that for a teaser?

Wow, sweet. Did you get the pic I sent you?

"This IS my signature."

yeah that pistol is sweet! the color is great and the new compensator looks sweet

108 (edited by Lord Revan Thursday, December 7, 2006 9:00 am)

I'm glad you liked it. That teaser was GREAT!!!

"This IS my signature."

Hey! That's my catch! My teaser idea! j/k j/k
No, i'm kidding. big_smile
Great Teaser! I've been freaking out all day beacaue i couldn't log back in here, so i ran around the house yelling " Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!! " Just not in so many words.

Bal kote, Darasuum kote. Jorso'ran kando a tome - And glory, eternal glory, We shall bear it's weight together.

I thought the story was great.Hey Kandosii why couldn't you get on?

Sa kyr'am Nau tracyn kad, Vode an.-Forged like the saber in the fires of death,brothers all.

It's a little thing that happens alot with my computer. Somtimes it lets be log on here, and somtimes is doesn't. I was all worried about posting my next chapter, and i think my nails are alot shorter then they used to be.

Lol.

Sa kyr'am Nau tracyn kad, Vode an.-Forged like the saber in the fires of death,brothers all.

Kandosii Mando Verd wrote:

Hey! That's my catch! My teaser idea! j/k j/k
No, i'm kidding. big_smile
Great Teaser! I've been freaking out all day beacaue i couldn't log back in here, so i ran around the house yelling " Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!! " Just not in so many words.

ok i admit it, i might have "borrowed" the teaser idea lol

I think, I started somthing.

congradulations on pioneering "The Teaser" lol

here it is, the long awaited ch9!

ch9. "Here take this grenade and see what their REALLY made of."

“Ok” Jango whispered through his COM  to the armored figures crouched around him. With his finger, he drew a rough sketch of the compound.  “There’s no way we can take this thing with a frontal assault. I’ll take my squad and flank to the right.” he traced a line through the red dirt.  “Srg. Tayton, I want you to take 2nd squad and flank to the left.” he traced another line. “Use those rocks as cover.”
    Jango took out a tiny holo generator and placed it over the dirt battle plans.  He activated the device through his HUD and a miniscule diagram of the compound wavered into view.
    “There’s an access ladder to get to the roof here.” he zoomed in the image and a replica of the ladder blinked red in response.  “The problem is it’s about 15 feet over your heads.” he raised his head and looked up at the men in front of him.  “Who here has a grapple gun?”
    One of the recruits from Bravo raised his hand. “I do sir.”
    Jango nodded. “Good, you’ll need it to reach that ladder and pull it down.” he turned to his squad. “Now hopefully we can provide you with enough of a diversion so you can accomplish that.  That ladder is vital, it’s the only way to the roof from the outside and you can be sure they know that.  The only other way in is the front door and I would bet my blasters that it’s not gonna be open.”
    The men nodded gravely.  Jango shut off the tiny projector, stood up and gave his men a glance over.  Roughly 30 strong.  This wasn’t going to be easy.
    “Ok, we all know what to do.”  Jango said. “Just get in position and keep your heads down, I don’t wanna see any heroics out there understood?”
    “Yes sir!” The men replied.  Srg. Tayton picked up his blaster rifle. “Second squad, on me!”  Jango had put the majority of the new comers into his squad. He wasn’t sure what they were capable of.  The clank of armor and the thud of boots quickly disappeared as second squad vanished into the desert.
    Jango turned to his squad. Himself, Mantle, Dominic, Rodriquez, and Snake was  not much of a force but he knew they were the best.
    “Stay behind the rocks.” Jango ordered moving away at a crouch. “We’ll get as close as we can before we open fire.”
    “You got it sir.” Mantle replied falling in behind him.  He turned to Snake, “Try not to screw it up Ner’vod.”
    “Eat bantha **** Mantle.” Snake replied following him.  “You’re the one that got them alerted in the first place.”
    “Is that any way to talk to your favorite sergeant?” Mantle said back. “I’m just looking out for my soldiers.”
    “Yeah look out yourself.” Snake mumbled. He turned behind him. “Keep up you two.”
    “Yeah yeah.” Dominic replied falling in behind Rodriquez. “You guys give them something to shoot at while I treat the blaster burns I’m sure you’ll get.”
    “Cut the chatter.” Jango whispered. “Were almost in position. Remember, think and don’t get yourself killed.”
    The squad said nothing.  The compound was a mere 30 yards away as they crept silently in close to the right wall.  The towering structure cast a huge shadow over them as Deathwatch soldiers patrolled the roof.
    “This is far enough.” Jango said raising his fist and coming to a halt. “Snake find a good vantage point and get busy when I give you the signal.”
    “Consider it done sir.” Snake replied vanishing as he activated his camouflage unit.
    “Mantle stay with me, Dominic and Rodriquez, take up positions behind that low boulder.”
    “Yes sir.” Rodriquez replied unslinging his rifle and checking the magazine. “Cmon Ner’vod.” he said to Dominic.
    “In position sir.” Snake’s voice said over the COM. “We got approximately 60 shocktroops up there.  Small arms mostly. One heavy MG emplacement on the upper bunker.  That might give us some trouble.”
    Mantle unstrapped  a screecher missile tube from his pack.  “Don’t worry about it sir I’ll take it out.”
    “Roger.” Jango replied. “Mantle get that rocket ready, wait for my signal.  Tayton and his men must almost be in position by now.”
    They waited an agonizing 5 minutes before a COM message came through. “Sir, in position. Ready when you are.”
    “Copy.” Jango replied and switched to the private squad channel. “Ok Snake let em have it.”
    “Roger.” Snake replied.  He pressed the stock of his rifle tight to his shoulder and looked down the scope.  “Officer, officer, aha!”  he lined the target reticle on the red helmet of a Deathwatch captain.
    CRACK!  The rifle slammed into Snake’s shoulder.  He watched through his scope as the officer’s head exploded and his body slumped to the floor.  He quickly targeted another.
    “NOW!” Jango ordered when he heard Snake’s rifle fire several times.  Mantle shouldered the Screecher and fired at the upper bunker.  A trail of blue white smoke followed the rocket as it detonated. Throwing debris on the Deathwatch below. When the smoke cleared, two bodies were hanging out of the broken hole in the bunker.
    “MG’s out of commision!” Mantle said dropping the rocket and picking up his carbine.
    “Let em have it!” Jango ordered.  The Deathwatch on the roof recovered from their early confusion and began to pour laser fire down on Jango and his men.
    Mantle ducked as a bolt smacked the rock in front of him.  Sitting down he changed magazines and stood up to return fire, spraying the roofline with automatic fire.  Another round hit him in the chest. He fell backwards onto the ground.
    “Mantle!” Jango screamed over the noise of the firefight. “You okay?”
    Mantle slowly got up. A black scorch mark on his left chest plate.  “Just got a little toasted sir.”
    “Ladder secured sir.” Tayton said over the COM.  “Soften it up a little for us huh?”
    “Sure thing sergeant.” Jango replied. “GRENADES!”
    Jango pulled two thermal grenades from his belt and pulled the pins.  Mantle and Rodriquez did likewise.  The three lobbed the grenades onto the rooftop as the Deathwatch scrambled for cover.
    WHUMP! WHUMP! WHUMP!  The grenades went off covering the roof in smoke.  Through it Jango saw red laser bolts being exchanged.
    “Their on the roof.” he said.  “Lets go first squad!”
    Jango sprinted out into the open and made his way across the open stretch in front of the compound to the other side. Mantle and the others were right behind him.
    The Deathwatch suddenly realized what was happening and opened fire on Jango and the others.
    Laser bolts threw dirt up all around him.  Amazingly he made it to the safety of the rocks on the left flank.  Mantle slid right beside him followed by Dominic and Rodriquez.
    “Everyone alright?” Jango asked panting.  The others nodded. 
    “Good to see you sir.” A recruit from C company said as he crouched behind another rock beside him.  The ladder had been extended and one by one the Mandalorians made their way up to the roof.
    “Where’s Tayton?” Jango asked not seeing the Sergeant anywhere.
    “He went up first sir.” The recruit replied firing several times then ducking back down. “I’m suprised he even made-”
    The recruit slumped to the dirt as a laser bolt pierced his neck.  Blood sprayed on the red dirt as he choked and clutched the wound.
    “Hang on!” Dominic said running over to him and getting his med bag out.  “Christ.” He said. “Let go I have to plug the artery!” he screamed at the recruit.
    Jango ran over and knelt beside him. “Can you save him Dominic?”
    Dominic said nothing as he desperately shoved his bloody hands into the wound. “I got it.” he said. “Hand me that clamp!”
    Jango handed him the device.  Dominic applied the clamp and smeared bacta over the wound. “He needs a surgeon, we gotta get him outa here!”
    “That’s not gonna happen until we secure this compound!” Jango replied.  He turned and sprinted for the ladder.
    He put his hand on the rung and climbed as fast as he could.  Above him he knew would be total chaos. Mantle was right behind him.
    Jango reached the top and jumped onto the roof.  What met his eyes was pure carnage.  Bodies lay strewn across the roof and the gray surface was stained with blood.  Jango unsheathed his combat knife.
    Any sort of battle lines had dissolved as Mandalorians and Deathwatch fought hand to hand.  Jango grabbed the nearest black armor and sunk his knife into it’s back.
    “Gah!!” the Deathwatch soldier cried as he fell to the ground. Jango pulled his knife out and continued.
    Mantle emerged onto the roof and was immediately tackled by a Deathwatch.  “Not today!” he said cracking the soldiers visor with his fist and crushing his windpipe.
    Jango lost track of how many he killed.  He was in a frenzy. Adrenaline replaced his blood as his heart pounded. He felt something hit his foot. He glanced down and saw the grenade.
    “Oh fierkek!” he shouted and dove to the ground.  WHAM!  the blast lifted him off the ground and threw him against the wall. Everything seemed to lose sound.
    Jango shook his head trying to clear his vision. He coughed and a dark red substance spattered the inside of his visor, he tasted blood. Still delirious from the blast, Jango shakily got to his feet. His blasters were missing. Around him chaos ensued. Laser bolts pelted the concrete all around him but he barely gave notice. The roof had erupted into a killing field, armored bodies were strewn everywhere while the ones lucky enough to still be living fought for their lives. Something else caught his eye. A figure in Mandalorian armor lay motionless in a pool of crimson blood, his hands still holding the remains of his own intestines. An autocannon round had burned clean through his torsoe plate. With a sudden grim realization, Jango recognized the fallen warrior.
    Mantle suddenly appeared and helped him to his feet.  Jango shook his head again and the quiet world he had just experienced suddenly erupted back to the hell he knew it was.
    “You alright sir?” Mantle asked shaking him a bit.  “I thought you were dead for sure.”
    Jango tried to speak but his insides screamed in protest.  The fighting began to lull.  He looked around and saw the last of the Deathwatch were dropping their weapons.  They were quickly rounded up and had their hands tied.
    Jango shook Mantle away and walked to the motionless figure.  It was Tayton. 
    Mantle came up beside him. “Fierfek.” he said sadly. “He was a good soldier.”
    Jango nodded and looked around.  Dominic was rushing from body to body checking the wounded.  The Mandos that were still standing slumped to the ground exhausted.
    “One hell of a fight sir.” Rodriquez approaching him and removing his helmet. He had a bloody nose. “But we showed those bastards.”
    “Do we have a casualty report?” Jango managed to say. 
    Rodriquez nodded.  “Yes sir.  8 dead, 15 wounded.”  He suddenly realized the figures. “Fierfek sir, were lucky to be alive.”
    Jango removed his helmet. Mantle handed him a canteen and he gratefully took a swig. “How many prisoners do we got?”
    Rodriguez looked over his shoulder. “I’d say about 6 or so.”
    “I want to know everything they do.” He pointed at Rodriquez. “I’m putting you in charge of “extracting” that from them.”
    Rodriquez smirked. “You can count on me sir.” He replaced his helmet and walked towards the prisoners.
    Snake suddenly melted into view next to him. Mantle jumped. “Christ don’t do that Ner’vod.”
    Snake said nothing and turned to Jango. “Here sir.” he said holding out his hands. “I think you dropped these.”  He handed Jango his blasters.
    Jango smiled and placed them in his holdsters. “Thank you corporal.”

revan that sketch was sweet by the way

WOW!!! That chapter was the best!
I'm glad you liked that pic, I didn't think it turned out that well, so....thanks

"This IS my signature."

thanks, this one took me awhile to write, i wanted it to be action packed!

It was well worth the wait!

"This IS my signature."

* Faints from excitment *

Wow... That was Sweet!
Great Chapter! big_smile

thanks revan and kandosii, im glad you liked it! ch 10 should be up in a couple of days!

oh and kandosii, let me know when you get the next part of your story up! will the jedi be vaporized?? i cant stand it

i think it is time for ch10

ch10 "Thanks for sparing my life, I'll have to remember that whenever I blast you."

Jango removed his helmet and wiped the sweat off his brow with the back of his arm.  The operation was off to a bad start already.  “Usually things don’t go bad until we land.” he thought.
    Mantle strolled up next to him, almost as if the previous slaughter never happened.  “You feeling alright LT?” he asked sitting down with his back against the cool concrete.  “You’re lookin’ a little blue.”
    Jango slid down the wall and sat next to him. “Can it Mantle.” he said.  “Any word from the rest of the Battalion?”
    Mantle nodded. “Just heard from Rodriquez.  The rest of Bravo managed to coordinate themselves enough and are heading this way.  Delta and the rest of Charlie company have regrouped and say they’ll be hear by nightfall.” he paused. “Still no word from the rest of Alpha.”
    Jango nodded grimly.  He knew with an understrengh Battalion this occupation wouldn’t last too long.  He jingled the bag of dog tags he had collected absentmindedly and glanced at the pile of armor they had collected from their comrades.
    Mantle looked up and squinted into the sun. “Were due for a ressuply soon I heard.” he rubbed his eyes. Jango suddenly noticed how tired he was. “If fleet would get off their shebs that is.”
    Jango took a swig from his canteen. “Have you had a look at that gun yet?” he asked. “If were risking our lives for it the damn thing better work.”
    Mantle shook his head. “Were still clearing rubble away from the entrance. That screecher did a bit more collateral damage then I was expecting.” he added shly.
    “Well that’s why you’re our weapons expert.” Jango replied. “I’d have to say I’d be disappointed if you actually weren’t blowing the crap out of everything.”
    Mantle grinned and shrugged. “I can’t help it.” he said. “I have a thing for stuff that goes BOOM.”
    “Well that gun better be going BOOM by the end of the day or someone won’t be getting much sleep.” Jango added.
    Mantle stood up and replaced his helmet.  “Guess that’s my que huh?” he said and jogged towards the stairway.
    Jango also stood up and tucked his helmet under his arm.  Two of his men were on sentry duty. The rest he had allowed them to get a little rest.  A 9 mile hike with full packs couldn’t slow them down but a 5 minute battle could wear down any man.
    One of the sentries suddenly stiffened. “Sir.” he called. “Take a look at this.”
    Jango put his helmet on and approached the wall.  In the distant desert was a column of people walking.
    Jango held out his hand and the sentry placed his long range scanner in it.  Raising it to his visor he bumped up the zoom and cut out the glare.
    They were soldiers alright, about 100 of them.  Some carried another between them.
    “Our they ours sir?” The sentry asked trying to see the distant figures.  “I couldn’t tell from here.”
    “I believe so.” Jango replied lowering the device. He called Rodriquez over thru the COM.
    “What do you need sir?” Rodriquez’s voice replied over the channel. “I’m a little busy at the moment, but I think I can squeeze you in shortly.”
    “Cut the crap.” Jango replied curtly. “I need you to send out a signal beacon thru an encrypted channel. If their one of us then they should respond.”
    “Acknowledged.” Rodriquez replied. “Sending signal beacon....now.”
    Jango raised the scanners to his visor once again.  The figures on the horizon stopped.  What appeared to be another radioman ran to a nearby figure and handed him the receiver.
    “We got a reply sir.” Rodriquez said. “Patching you thru.”
    Static filled Jango’s headset but suddenly cleared into an audible message.
    “This is Bravo company leader. Please respond. Have wounded.”
    Jango tapped his COM. “This is LT. Jango Fett of Charlie Company.  Compound secure. Bring your wounded to the ground level entrance. We’ll have a Medic standing by.”
    “Copy LT.” the voice replied. “Fierfek is it good to hear you guys.”

why does noone write in these things anymore?? lol