Re: "The Beginning of The End" story of the 101st MSB

For me, if I were to draw those pictures with a pencil, I probably would have erased the whole thing 2-3 times before getting it right. lol

"This IS my signature."

yeah i drew the logo and its sweet, buy my printer is junk. what it is is a mythosaur skull with a crossed knife and lightning bolt behind it. above it it says, 101 and below it it says MSB. above the whole thing it says "Airborne" also on the left and right said it says "First to go..........Last to know!"

"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe"

I'm about 1/2 way done with the sniper, I'll try to e-mail you a pic tonight.

"This IS my signature."

alright sweet! im writing ch5 right now and i'll post it later.

ok heres ch 5.

Ch5    “The only thing I trust next to me is my Deece”  -Cpl. Snake

Jango glanced at the Nav point in his HUD.  The arranged Rendezvous point was still 5 kilometers away.  He had cut his jetpack shortly after the drop, as was procedure for airborne troops to avoid being a target, and was trudging his way across the red landscape on foot.  In the distance he could still hear the firing of the Ion batteries.
    Despite the destruction of their dropship, the landing hadn’t been too bad. His whole platoon had made it off safely, but where they were now was a mystery to Jango.
    A secondary Nav icon suddenly illuminated in his HUD, indicating a friendly was nearby.
    Jango turned slightly off his original course to link up with who he hoped was someone from his platoon.  He walked several hundred more yards until he came to a narrow canyon.  The Nav point was pointing directly through it.
    “Of course.” Jango said to himself.  The high walls of the canyon around him made it an ideal place for an ambush.  He unholstered his pistols and gave them a twirl. A habit he had developed since the beginning of the war.
    Jango slowly made his way through the narrow pass.  Not even wide enough for a Mongoose buggy to drive through.
    The Nav point began to flash.  “Must be close by” Jango thought looking around.  He didn’t see a soul. 
    Suddenly a deafening roar made him hit the dirt.  He glanced up as another dropship screamed overhead.  Black smoke trailing behind it from its engines.
    “More good news.” Jango said getting back to his feet.  He used his HUD to place a radio tracking beacon on the ship. Once he regrouped with his platoon, he would go look for it.
    Jango took two steps and stopped dead.  His keen eyes noticed something next to the red rock to his right. Something camouflaged.
    He decided to pretend not to see whoever was watching him.  Jango casually took a few more steps closer to the concealed person.  He stopped, pretending to bend down and tighten his boot.  Then with lightning he speed he lashed out and grabbed hold of the invisible neck.
    The camouflaged soldier struggled and kicked out, but Jango had a firm grip on his windpipe. It wouldn’t be long now.
    The thing managed to speak.  “Gah! knock it off sir it’s me!”
    Jango instantly let go. In front of his eyes a figure in black armor materialized on the ground in front of him.
    “Fierfeks sake sir” Snake said getting to his feet and and rubbing his neck.  “You damn near killed me.”
    Jango holstered his pistols and helped Snake to his feet.  “Sorry Snake” he said.  “You should know better then to use active camouflage around me, tends to make me think your Deathwatch.”
    Snake shrugged and flicked a piece of dirt off his scope.  “Ah well it could be worse.” he said. “I guess you actually could’ve crushed my windpipe.”
    Jango nodded. He and Snake began walking down the pass. “So was that your Nav beacon I’ve been following?”
    Snake shook his head. “No sir.” he said. “I tried to activate it but the landing was a little shaky.” he pointed to a sizable dent in his helmet. “Must’ve knocked something loose.”
    “Well we still got about 10 others to find.” Jango replied climbing over a boulder.  Snake handed him his rifle and then too climbed up.
    They had reached the end of the canyon.  Past the boulder they stood on the terrain took a sudden drop.  In front of them was the vast Desert of Mars. A place they were advised to stay away from. The sun was beginning to set making the already red landscape deep crimson.  A pillar of black smoke caught Jango’s eye.  About 400 feet down was a crashed dropship.  A 200 yard trench trailed behind it.  The nose was buried under the dirt.  Jango’s HUD told him it was the same ship he had marked earlier.
    Snake was surveying the area through his scope. “No footprints.” he pointed out. He lowered his rifle. “Well either they all made it off the thing before it crashed or they’re all still inside.”
    Jango nodded.  He cursed the fleet for not getting sufficient intel before planning the drop. Bombing runs could’ve taken care of those Ion Batteries.
    “Well” Jango said not taking his eyes off the ship. “Lets see if anyone’s home.”

yay ch6

Ch6  "Keep your buddies in mind, but keep you rifle closer."  - SSRG. Mantle

Jango squinted trying to see through the glare of the setting sun. With a blink he set his visor to 40% tint.
    He and Snake had made the short trek to the downed dropship and were now approaching it’s still smoking hull.  The sun was setting quickly.  Through the gathering darkness, blazing blue bolts of light traced through the night sky as the enemy Ion Batteries continued firing away.
    Jango slid into the crater the ship had created and grasped the handle on the side emergency hatch.  He knew in a couple days the blowing sands would forever bury the wreckage.
    He turned to Snake, “Stay here, I’ll contact you if I need some help.”
    Snake nodded and turned. “Whatever you say sir.”  The matte finish of his armor absorbed the light from the setting sun.
    Jango turned the handle and with some effort yanked the hatch open.  Darkness awaited him inside.
    He carefully lowered himself into the dark interior of the ship. Hanging for a moment by his hands then dropping to the floor.  He slipped and almost lost his footing. Cursing he switched on the small powerful beam of his gauntlet light and shined it at the floor.  He gasped at what met his gaze.
    Blood.  It was everywhere.  The dank metallic smell filled his nostrils and he almost gagged.  He was used to carnage.  This kind of sight would usually not even make him take a second glance.
    Shaking off the nausea, Jango shined his light onto the closest wall.  A pile of red sand had formed on the floor, seeping in through a hole in the ship’s hull.  Around him were bodies.  Some on the floor, some still in their restraining harness’s, all his brothers.
    Jango shook his head sadly.  He had trained these men.  Their deaths to him seemed almost his fault.
    He continued walking towards the back of the ship.  He was forced to climb most of the way since the rear was elevated in the air from the buried nose. 
    Jango tried to ignore the slumped bodies of armored Mandalorians.  They hadn’t even been able to get their boots on the ground.
    He was looking for the ships flight data computer, or “Black Box” as he had heard pilots call it.  It was standard procedure to recover the device.  He also had no idea what it looked like or where it was kept.
    Jango thought for a moment. “The cockpit seems like a likely place.” He said to himself.
    “Everything okay in there Lieutenant?” Snake asked over the com.
    “Fine.” Jango replied.  “No sign of any survivors.” He shined his light towards the front of the ship.  The bright beam hit the closed door of the cockpit.  “I’m gonna try and locate the flight computer.”
    “Copy.” Snake replied.
    Jango carefully made his way down the slope to the cockpit door.  He grabbed the handle. Locked.
    Jango frowned and drew his pistol.  With one shot he blasted the handle to pieces.  He then stuck his fingers in the remaining hole and tugged the door open.
    He stepped back as a giant pile of red sand spilled onto his feet.  The cockpit’s interior was completely buried.
    “Fierfek.” Jango swore.  He clicked his com. “Snake, I’m getting out of here. The cockpits under half the desert.”
    “Roger.” Snake’s voice replied. “I’ll wait for you topside.”
    Jango returned to the shaft of light shining through the open hatch.  He took another glance at his comrades.  With a heavy heart he collected their dog tags. 
    Jango took one last look around.  “Not a bad place to be buried.” He thought. The dropship was now their tomb.
    He returned to the hatch and looked up. Snake’s helmet was peering down at him.
    “Find anything interesting down there sir?” he said extending his hand to help Jango up.
    Jango grabbed it.  Snake then pulled him out of the hatch.  Jango was glad to be outside again.  He bent down and closed the hatch and made sure it was sealed.  Snake grimly understood.
    “Not a way I would’ve wanted to go.” He said shouldering his rifle. “But what better casket then a Mando dropship?”
    Jango nodded.  The sun had completely set now and darkness settled over them.
    “Where to now sir?” Snake asked gazing over the landscape.
    “Well.” Jango replied.  “The two of us can’t do much without the others.  Finding them is our primary mission.”
    “I beg to differ sir.” Snake said patting a satchel full of high explosives.  “The two of us could do A LOT.”
    Jango laughed.  “Sorry Snake but there’s nothing within miles of here that needs to be blown up.”
    Snake shrugged. “Suit yourself sir.” He said.  He stopped suddenly and went prone.  Jango followed suit.
    “What is it?” Jango asked drawing his blasters and peering through the darkness. 
    “My motion tracker picked up a whiff of something.” Snake replied putting his scope to his visor.  “Now if only it would make itself a target.”
    Jango blinked his Nightvision on.  The dark landscape was suddenly a brilliant green.
    “There.” Snake whispered.  “That rock pile.  70 yards southeast.”
    Jango followed his directions.  He bumped the zoom of his visor up to 10x.
    He spotted it.  Something was behind the rockpile.
    “Not picking up any friendly com signals.” Snake observed.  “One shot. With you permission of course sir.”
    Jango hesitated.  “Lets see if our friend reveals himself a bit more first.”
    Snake sighed. “I had a feeling you were gonna say that.” He flicked off the safety on his rifle. “Waiting for your mark.”
    Jango bumbed up the magnification to 20x. and observed the figure behind the rocks. 
    “Definitely human.” He said.  “I can’t see any armor from here.” He turned to Snake. “The first sign of black, you shoot.”
    Snake nodded.  Deathwatch were easy to recognize in their black armor.
    The figure Jango was observing moved from behind his pile. To his amazement, two figures emerged.
    “Well this complicates things a bit.” Snake said adjusting his scope. “But shouldn’t be a problem.”
    “Wait.” Jango whispered.  He recognized the armor. “God Damnit that’s just Dominic and Rodriquez.”
    Snake sighed and lowered his rifle. “Can I just take a shot to scare them? I’ve been itching to shoot this thing since we got off the Basilisk.”
    Jango shook his head and said nothing.  Not wanting to attract the attention of any Deathwatch snipers that could be out there, he sent a single beam COM signal to the two figures.
    “Dominic, Rodriquez.” Jango whispered into his COM. “Is that you?”
    In the distance the figures stopped.  One got on one knee and trained his rifle towards Jango and Snake’s position.
    “Fierfek.” Snake swore raising his rifle again. “Nice one sir, at least you got their attention.”
    A message suddenly came back over the COM channel.  It was Dominic’s voice. 
    “Put you gun down dumbass.” He said. Jango assumed he was talking to Rodriguez.  “Sure is, boy is it good to hear you sir.”
    Jango sighed in relief. “Good” he said. “Now high tail your asses over here asap!”
    “Be right over.” Dominic replied.  The two figures began sprinting towards them.
    “Keep em’ covered Snake.” Jango ordered.
    Snake nodded.  “Copy that.” He said. “Watching their asses.”
    Dominic and Rodriguez reached the crater and slid down next to Jango. Dominic had a scorch mark on his shoulder.
    “What happened to you?” Jango asked.
    Dominic rolled onto his stomach.  “What this?” he said pointing to the mark. “Compliments of this idiot.” He kicked Rodriguez. “Thought I was a Deathwatch.”
    Rodriguez shifted. “Well jumping me from behind doesn’t qualify as a frienly act either.” He replied kicking him back. “You’re lucky I went easy on you.”
    “I’m flattered.” Dominic replied.  He turned to Jango. “So what now sir?  Lost my map on the landing.  How far to the compound?”
    Jango checked the TAC map in his HUD.  “Roughly 10 kilometers.” He replied. “Were still missing Mantle though.”
    Dominic nodded. “I’m sure he’s just fine sir. Mantle can take care himself.”
    “Let’s hope so.” Jango replied.  “Well we better take advantage of this darkness to get some distance covered before morning.”  Jango checked his heading.  “With any luck the rest of the company will be waiting for us.”
    Snake snorted. “With any luck the rest of the company will have the table set and dinner waiting for us.”

That's awsome! We are going to (Disney) MGM studios today so I won't get to do anymore on the sniper until tonight.

"This IS my signature."

thats cool, i just had a crazy idea, i probably wont use it but it sounded kinda cool, i just finished reading the new halo book "Ghost of Onyx" and that got me thinking, could the halo universe and star wars universe cross? imagine the 101st fighting the covenent! maybe in the next book lol i also want your opinion on something else, ive been debating whether or not to add droids to my story, it would be pretty cool. what do you think?

84 (edited by Lord Revan Tuesday, November 28, 2006 7:33 pm)

Eh, droids, YES! An assasin droid like mine (HK-47). lol I like the droid idea, but I was thinking a custom built assasin droid for the residing Mandalore. I would be happy to do one.  For Halo, in my opinion, no. Oh, Is the sniper right or left handed?

"This IS my signature."

85 (edited by Vassili Fett Tuesday, November 28, 2006 10:26 pm)

yeah the halo thing was just a thought, as for droids, yeah an assasin droid would be kinda sweet, im not so sure if an army would use something like that though, thats more of a bounty hunter thing. As for the sniper, right handed i guess, im left handed but right just sounds better at the moment.  what i kinda meant by droids was like a droid army, maybe the trade federation played a hand in with the Deathwatch and sold them some.  Feel free to draw up your hk-47 though, is that Ven Kotan's droid? i could give him a backstory of how he was a bounty hunter before the war and brought his droid with him or something like that.

ch.7   "Yeah the armor's heavy, but a lost limb is a lot heavier." -PFC. Rodriquez

ch7

Staff Sergeant Mantle risked a glance over the rim of the boulder he was hidden behind.  The Ion Battery lay about 20 yards from him.  He was lucky they were too busy shooting at his ships then to notice him land.
    Darkness had fallen and the firing Ion cannon bathed the area in intense blue light.  Mantle had originally planned to just dispose of the Deathwatch manning the gun, but the arrival of one of their Tiger tanks had swiftly changed his mind.  The thing had been parked just on the other side of the gun emplacement for just under 3 hours.  Mantle was convinced it was going to stay there.
    Mantle sat back down and leaned against the rock.  With no anti armor weapons or explosives with him there was little he could do to the thing.
    He sighed. “I wonder how I ended up being stranded during what was supposed to be the most organized landing of the war.” Mantle thought to himself.  He grasped the carbine in his hands.  “I need a plan. My LZ is on the other side of that damn thing.”
    He glanced back over the boulder.  Deathwatch were everywhere.  4 of them manned the Ion cannon, 2 stood around and reloaded it about every 2 minutes, and another 4 were sitting on their tank smoking and arguing about something.
    Mantle decided to take action.  To his left was a stack of ammo crates for the Ion cannon.  If he timed it right he should be able to make it.
    The loader walked over and picked up another case.  Mantle quickly but quietly sprung from his hiding place and rushed to the crates.
    The run was a little farther then he anticipated.  He dove behind the cover of the boxes just as the loader turned around and went for another case.
    The unsuspecting Deathwatch bent down to pick up another crate.  He never saw the rifle butt coming.
    Mantle brought the butt of his carbine down on the back of the soldiers head, plowing him into the dirt.  Quickly Mantle dragged his limp body behind the crates and silenced him with a quick neck snap.
    Mantle dusted himself off and picked up a case off the pile and walked towards the cannon.  Another Deathwatch had his back to Mantle and turned to grab the case.
    “It’s about time-” the soldier stopped cold when he noticed his partners place had been taken by a Mandalorian.
    Mantle dropped the case and unslung his carbine.  The Deathwatch soldier went for his sidearm. Mantle squeezed the trigger and pumped him full of laser bolts.
    The soldier slumped to the ground holding his chest, Mantle turned the muzzle of his gun and sprayed the occupants of the gun battery.  The closest turned in surprise as his comrades were cut down.  A laser bolt shattered the glass of his visor and blasted his face through the back of his helmet.
    Satisfied they were all dead, Mantle quickly changed magazines.  The occupants of the tank had witnessed the massacre and reacted slowly.  A price Mantle was about to make them pay.
    Mantle slung his carbine over his back and climbed onto the Ion cannon.  With a grunt he shoved one of the corpses off the seat. It smacked the ground with a satisfying thud.
    Mantle was just about to take a seat when he suddenly had the wind knocked out of him.  A burning sensation went up his right side.  Glancing down he saw a scorch mark on his armor.  The round hadn’t punctured the armor plate but it glowed red hot from the shot.
    Furious Mantle turned.  On the ground was the Deathwatch loader he had shot in the chest, still holding his smoking pistol in front of him.
    “Big mistake.” Mantle said through gritted teeth.  He unslung his carbine and flicked the safety off from the attached grenade launcher.  He pulled the trigger and with a whumph the soldier was nothing more then a crater.
    Mantle turned back to the task at hand.  He sat down and grabbed the gun controls and yanked the joystick to the left.  The massive gun responded and with a whine of hydraulics, Mantle leveled all four barrels on the tank crew still scrambling back inside their Tiger.
    Mantle grinned as he pulled the firing switch.  The massive gun fired rapidly, blinding him with the muzzle flash and washing him over with the intense heat of the backblast. 
    Mantle fired until the gun was dry.  His target was nothing more then a smoldering pile of slag.  The barrels of the cannon pinged and groaned as they cooled.
    Mantle hopped down from the seat and looked around. Carnage, pure carnage.  He smiled.  “The Deathwatch will have a fit when they see this.” his eyes locked on the pile of ammo for the Ion cannon. “So I better not leave anything for them to have a fit at.”
    With some effort, Mantle muscled the crates into a pile at the base of the gun.  He then pried open the cases.  The Ion rounds were loaded into magazines, making them safer to handle.  Mantle quickly unloaded all the magazines until he had a sizable pile of exposed, glowing blue rods in front of him.  He knew they were incredibly unstable in this state.  He pulled a thermal grenade from a pouch on his belt. “This oughta make a decent fuse.”  Mantle pulled the pin and tapped in a 15 second delay.  He then tossed it into the center of the pile.
    Mantle picked up his carbine and sprinted as far away as he could get in 15 seconds.  He glanced at the countdown timer in his HUD.  3...2...1...
    Mantle dove under an overhanging rock as darkness suddenly turned to daylight around him.  WHABOOOM!!!!!! the soundwave of the blast suddenly reached him.  The ground trembled violently and the air was sucked out of his lungs.  He covered his head as debris rained down around him.  Suddenly it was dark again.  Mantle took a deep breath and crawled from his makeshift bomb shelter.
    A pillar of smoke and blue fire extended  hundreds of feet into the air, slowly forming into a mushroom shape.  Mantle whistled at the spectacle. 
    “The whole damn hemisphere will have seen that.” he said with a deep sense of pride inside of him.  His HUD suddenly pinged and a NAV point flashed on.
    “Now the good luck starts.” he said sarcastically shifting the weapon on his back to a more comfortable position.

87 (edited by Lord Revan Wednesday, November 29, 2006 8:40 pm)

That another good chapter! My good drawing pen finally bit the dust and I'm not sure how good the rest of the pictures will turn out.

"This IS my signature."

lol that sucks you go through those pens wicked fast

Kandosii ner'vod. You are truly "jate" at what you do.
Looking forward to more. big_smile

Bal kote, Darasuum kote. Jorso'ran kando a tome - And glory, eternal glory, We shall bear it's weight together.

lol thanks, im not really sure what "Jate" means but i'll take it as a compliment

" Jate " Is the Mandalorian word for " Good "

I was saying you are very good at what you do. big_smile

Bal kote, Darasuum kote. Jorso'ran kando a tome - And glory, eternal glory, We shall bear it's weight together.

lol i gotcha, thanks, so hows that sequal coming?

I've just about got it planned out. big_smile
Gonna get started in a few.

i just read that teaser, nice work

95 (edited by Lord Revan Thursday, November 30, 2006 5:58 pm)

Hey Vassili, I think I found a pen that I can substitute for it, it's the ultra fine black Sharpie. I'll e-mail you what I got done on the sniper.

"This IS my signature."

sweet! cant wait to see it

97 (edited by Lord Revan Friday, December 1, 2006 7:05 pm)

I just sent the finished pic.

"This IS my signature."

cool, ill go check my inbox, i'll be posting ch 8 soon.

Revan, once again you have astounded me with your artwork lol, that pic is awesome, i like the tattered cape, that was a nice touch.

Ch. 8     

“The way I saw it, he wasn’t putting his hands up, he was going for his gun.”-CPL.Snake

Jango turned as a blinding light illuminated the desert around him.  The blast had come from behind him and was almost too bright to look at.  His visor had polarized to 90% tint.
    “What the fierfek was that?” Dominic said putting one hand up to shield his eyes. “Was that a nuke?”
    “Not possible.” Snake replied cooly.  “When was the last time you watched a nuclear explosion that was blue?”
    Dominic said nothing.  Rodriguez spoke up. “I am detecting trace amounts of radiation.” He cycled through the display on his HUD. “Most probable traceable source is close to Ion.”
    “We better keep moving.” Jango interrupted.  “That blast will have got the whole damn Deathwatch army’s attention.” he glanced overhead. “They’ll have Vipers buzzing this place in no time.”
    His squad nodded.  Jango checked the TAC map in his HUD. “Were only 4 kilometers away from the objective.” he said. “I would like to get there before first light.”
    “Wouldn’t we all sir.” Snake replied adjusting his grip on his rifle.
    Jango’s HUD suddenly pinged. A NAV point flashed into his view.
    “That’s probably Mantle.” He said outloud.  “Knowing his nature he’s the one that caused that blast.”
    “That would be correct sir.” A voice said from behind them.
    The squad whirled around, guns ready.  A lone figure stood atop a boulder.
    Staff Sergeant Mantle hopped down from the rock and hurried to rejoin his squad.
    “Relax.” he said noticing the drawn weapons. “If I was gonna kill you I could’ve done it easily from behind that boulder.”
    Jango laughed. “Good to have you back Mantle.” he pointed to the enormous column of smoke rising in the distance. “I take it that was your piece of work?”
    Mantle nodded. “Sure was.” he pointed to the scorch mark on his side. “Didn’t go quite as well as I had originally planned though.”
    Dominic opened his medic bag. “Better let me look at that.” He drew out a syringe.
    Mantle immediately backed away. “Whoah wait a minute doc.” he said staying at least 5 feet away from the approaching Dominic.  “I don’t wanna be stuck with no needle.”
    “Relax Sarge.” Dominic said flicking the syringe. “This will help with the pain.”
    Mantle continued to back away.  “No thanks I think i’ll be just OWW!”
    Dominic, with surprising speed lunged at Mantle and sank the needle into his arm and emptied the contents. “There” he said putting the syringe back in his bag. “Was that so bad?”
    Mantle rubbed his arm.  “You try that again and I’ll break you neck.” he said angrily.
    Jango shook his head. “Can we please continue now?” he asked. “Were losing our cover here.”
    “Sorry sir.” the squad replied in unison.
    “Alright.” Jango continued, snapping back to officer. “Snake, I want you on point. If you see so much as a bug, I wanna know about it.”
    “You got it sir.” Snake replied.  He switched on his active camouflage device and suddenly melted into the landscape.
    Jango turned to Mantle. “Watch our six.”
    “Consider it watched sir.” Mantle replied. He jogged to the back of the squad.
    Jango finally turned to Dominic and Rodriquez.  “You two, on me.” he ordered.
    “Yes sir.” they replied.   
    The squad moved swiftly over the uneven rocky terrain.  Being very careful not to expose themselves.  Behind them Deathwatch Viper fighters were patrolling the sight of the explosion.
    They had been trudging towards the compound for a good 2 hours.  Jango noticed the sky was beginning to lighten. It would be morning soon.
    “Sir.” Snake’s voice whispered through the COM. “Objective in sight. 100 meters.”
    “Copy that.” Jango replied. He turned and held up a closed fist. Next he held up one finger then pointed towards the compound.
    Dominic, Rodriquez, and Mantle nodded.  Mantle and Rodriquez broke off and took up firing positions on his right. 
    Snake was surveying the compound through his scope.  “Contacts.” he whispered. “On the roof.”
    Jango bumped his visor to 30x magnification.  Armored figures bustled on the rooftop.  Black armor.
    “Fierfek.” Jango swore. “The Deathwatch got here first.” 
    “What now sir?” Mantle asked.  “I count at least 30 of them over there.”
    Jango calculated the odds.  6 to 1? Certainly not favorable but he had seen worse and lived to tell about it.
    “Wait.” Rodriquez spoke up. “I’m picking up a single beam transmission. Somebody knows where we are.”
    “Can you trace the signal?” Jango asked drawing his blasters and glancing around. Everything was still.
    “Hold on.” Rodriquez replied.  “Coming through on an encrypted channel. It’s our code sir, they must be friendlies.”
    Jango sighed in relief. “Relay them our position and tell them to haul *** over here.”
    “Roger.” Rodriquez replied. “Transmitting.”
    Jango waited half an hour when he suddenly received a COM message.  “Flash.”
    “Thunder.” Jango replied.  Behind them a dozen Mandalorians emerged from behind cover.  A sergeant approached Jango.
    “Good to see you sir.” he said saluting. “Master Sergeant Tayton reporting for duty.”
    Jango returned the salute.  “Is this your squad Sergeant?” he asked watching the silent figures behind him.
    Tayton turned around. “Most of them sir.” he replied.  “Landing was a bit messy.  We were ambushed as soon as we touched down by a Deathwatch patrol.  We took them out but I lost 2 of my men.”  he gestured to the Mandos behind him.  “I picked up these guys wandering through the desert.  They say their from Alpha company.”
    “Alpha company?” Jango said confused.  “Your drop zone is miles from here.”
    “I know sir.” one of the privates spoke up. “Our dropship took a direct hit from one of those Ion batteries.  Blasted half the ship clean off.  Luckily me and some of my squadmates jumped free of the ship before it bit it.”
    Jango processed this information in his head.  The whole landing was a mess.  Half of his Charlie company was still missing, Alpha company was scattered across the hemisphere, and he hadn’t even heard from Bravo.
    “Doesn’t matter.” He said finally.  “You and your men our now under my command.”
    “Yes sir.” they replied.  Srg. Tayton stepped forward. “What are your orders sir?”