Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

Well on the good side, Lucas is writing the first season, so hopefully he'll keep it looking good.  And is this series going to be canon?

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

I'm not sure that that is a good thing. Clone Wars was not canon, I do not see why this would be.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

153 (edited by BFFC Manji Wednesday, February 21, 2007 12:48 pm)

Well, the thing is, Daniel Logan already has a lot of fan girls as it is. I used to visit his message boards from time to time. By the looks of it, the boards are dead now. But it used to filled with spammers. I'm talking about people who had never used a message board before. They were treating the place like a glorifed chat room. I'd just hate to see all these fan girls have a relapse and come join here a the BFFC.

And it's not just the future of these message boards I'm concerned about. I'm concerned about how other SW fans will treat me for liking Boba Fett.
"Oh, yeah, you only like him 'cause he's a pretty boy."
Hey, I admit I like to pretend that young Boba Fett may have been attractive... but it being a reality... would be a totally different thing ...just so bizare. I can't even discribe it.

The only thing I compare it to is Phantom of the Opera. Before the 2004 movie was made, the phantom on broadway looked like living death. He was pale, deformed, scarred and had a few patches of hair on his skull. He was terrifying. Fans liked the phantom for his beautiful voice.
In the 2004 movie, the phantom was cast as a scottish dream boat by the name of Gerald Butler. His make up underneath the mask looked like a bad sunburn with some acne. Hardly a terror to behold. Not to mention, Gerald isn't the best of all singers... yet young girls are very attracted to him simply because he's attractive.
So, with phantom, you basically have two types of fans: The ones liked phantom before he was beefcake, and the fans who didn't.
Sorry if everyone doesn't understand this comparison... but hopefully you can understand what I'm getting at.

So the way I see it, in the TV show George Lucas will just be exploiting Boba's popularity and Daniel's sex appeal.

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

Manji_Ninja wrote:

Well, the thing is, Daniel Logan already has a lot of fan girls as it is. I used to visit his message boards from time to time. By the looks of it, the boards are dead now. But it used to filled with spammers. I'm talking about people who had never used a message board before. They were treating the place like a glorifed chat room. I'd just hate to see all these fan girls have a relapse and come join here a the BFFC.

And it's not just the future of these message boards I'm concerned about. I'm concerned about how other SW fans will treat me for liking Boba Fett.
"Oh, yeah, you only like him 'cause he's a pretty boy."
Hey, I admit I like to pretend that young Boba Fett may have been attractive... but it being a reality... would be a totally different thing ...just so bizare. I can't even discribe it.

The only thing I compare it to is Phantom of the Opera. Before the 2004 movie was made, the phantom on broadway looked like living death. He was pale, deformed, scarred and had a few patches of hair on his skull. He was terrifying. Fans liked the phantom for his beautiful voice.
In the 2004 movie, the phantom was cast as a scottish dream boat by the name of Gerald Butler. His make up underneath the mask looked like a bad sunburn with some acne. Hardly a terror to behold. Not to mention, Gerald isn't the best of all singers... yet young girls are very attracted to him simply because he's attractive.
So, with phantom, you basically have two types of fans: The ones liked phantom before he was beefcake, and the fans who didn't.
Sorry if everyone doesn't understand this comparison... but hopefully you can understand what I'm getting at.

So the way I see it, in the TV show George Lucas will just be exploiting Boba's popularity and Daniel's sex appeal.

Lol I know someone at school obsessed with The Phantom. lol. But anyway I just hope Boba isn;t ruined, thats all. Also, if they're going to be realistic, they have to put at least 1 scar on Daniel's face. After all, he's a bounty hunter he's not supposed to look perfect.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Manji_Ninja, sorry, all the fan girls of Daniel Logan are always welcome at The Boba Fett Fan Club. smile

You bring up some great points, thanks!

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

156 (edited by draco fett Wednesday, February 21, 2007 6:26 pm)

If you change your mind, I'll always have an M-16 at the ready. :Þ

Mandalorian Assassin, such as what?

take it easy baby take it as it comes

What kind of non-M-16 solutions?  Sorry.  I deleted it.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

BFFC Admin wrote:

Manji_Ninja, sorry, all the fan girls of Daniel Logan are always welcome at The Boba Fett Fan Club. smile

Can't argue with that.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

You could, but as he is da boss, so his word is law in this forum!

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

BFFC Admin wrote:

I hope you don't think that through all my ranting I was trying to be rude to any fans of Daniel! I mean, I'm not trying to say that anyone who likes Daniel Logan shouldn't be allowed to join the forums.
I'm sorry if it came across like sounding like that, I don't want to sound like I'm superior to anyone or anything.

All I'm getting at is that Boba will probably gain a lot of new fans if Daniel Logan portrays him in the TV show, and for all the wrong reasons ((He's good looking)).

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

Doesn't this show come out in like september or october?

No 2009 I believe.

meh, that's my senior (high school) year. w/e ill come home to watch the show tongue i heard 2008, but isn't it supposed to be one live-action show, one animated?

They should definitely make a KotOR movie or make a show of that.

That would be awsome if thier was a T.V series but i don't know

As You Wish