Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

I do, but that is not what I ment. Lucas could make Boba horrible at bounty hunting.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

ahhhhh, so you mean george made boba crap and bounty hunting  - when he's so good?

You've been holding out on us again haven't you? Since you haven't given us enough money, I'll guess I'll have to take it out of you piece by piece! - Unknown Mandalorian.

I mean Lucas can make Boba "crap."

Basically I don't think George really cares about Fett, he's a sidebar character. Most folks like ye 'olde Mandalorian because he has a nifty suit (admit that's why we were all attracted to him at first), so I don't think Lucas hates him, but he certainly doesn't harbor any love either.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell

virtualbettie wrote:

Basically I don't think George really cares about Fett, he's a sidebar character. Most folks like ye 'olde Mandalorian because he has a nifty suit (admit that's why we were all attracted to him at first), so I don't think Lucas hates him, but he certainly doesn't harbor any love either.

But I've read reports that the TV will feature all the sidebar characters.  I don't believe we will see to many main characters mostly just cameos.  Like of coruse you are going to have to show Vader, Obi-Wan, and others but those will just be cameo shots.  (From what I understand).

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

I certainly don't think Lucas expected such a fan following for Fett.  But since our fav bounty hunter is making him a freighter full of credits, I doubt George complains much. 

I hesitate to speculate on what Lucas thinks.....or if he thinks at all at times.  LOL!    But I would have to agree that his focus is mostly on the core characters and that he views Fett as a lucky "pawn-done-good".

"There's only one thing that scares a Mando man......and that's a Mando woman..."  - Karen Traviss, "A Practical Man"

draco fett wrote:

That means nothing. Lucas does not like Boba. Also, he can do anything that he wants to Star Wars, so he could make Fett a mentally handicapped bounty hunter in dire need of training,

This made me laugh pretty hard.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

I know I have mixed feelings about this... on one hand, Boba has the potential to make some appearances, but I have a feeling that George Lucas and who ever else works on the script will write in so many things that contradict Boba Fett's character and/or history that has been written in the novels (As if he hasn't already, but still...)
I honestly don't know how I feel about Boba being involved. I probably won't have much of an opinion until I watch the show.

I do have on worry though.... Boba will be so lame/ruined  that I'll be ashamed to be a Fett fan... I don't want that to happen.

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

I would hope (and I say HOPE) that Boba has enough of a following that Lucas would know better than to insult his fans by ruining their favorite character.  Then again, George tends to do pretty much whatever he pleases...  *makes face*

"There's only one thing that scares a Mando man......and that's a Mando woman..."  - Karen Traviss, "A Practical Man"

Aw, I was going to go to bed, but I just thought of something!
And it's not good!

Alright, chances are if Boba is in the TV series, he will be portrayed by Daniel Logan.
Now, Daniel is an adequate actor and all... but what bothers me... is his looks!
Putting it bluntly, Daniel is, what, 19 now? And extremely attractive... Hm... can any one say rapid fangirls?
I admit I have my own silly, fangirl moments, but it has nothing to do with Daniel.

Just imagine... Daniel Logan takes the role of Boba, and there will be a new generation of Boba Fett fans... 13 year old girls who think Daniel is "lyke totally hott!!11"
The message board will be populated by fans who no longer care about Boba Fett enduring character and  personality, but a stud with a smooth New Zealand accent. O_O

It's... it's going to happen... I just know. Teenage Boba Fett will be the next Anakin Skywalker for the girls... it's awful...

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

My friend Katie is obssesed with Hayden Christian (or whatever his name is). Hopefully Boba will not take his helmet off too often.

137 (edited by -Fettish- Monday, February 19, 2007 8:42 pm)

Boba Fett - object of schoolgirl fantasy.... 

EEEEEEeeeeeeEEEEEEeeeeee  It's BOBA!!!!!  *FAINTS*

UGH....what a disaster that would be.  sad

This site would be overrun.  I could imagine it now.  A topic under fans.  Why Daniel Logan is so hot.
*Shudders*
Well let's all send scalding letters to George Lucas petitioning the keeping of the mask on during the live action tv-series.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

draco fett wrote:

My friend Katie is obsessed with Hayden Christian (or whatever his name is). Hopefully Boba will not take his helmet off too often.

Ugh, I know. Both of my cousin were obsessed with him too! Honestly, he's the only reason some girls will sit through the Star Wars movies!
I once had a conversation with some of my friends in Spanish Class two years ago about Star Wars... all they had to say was "Oh yeah, Darth Vader is soo hott!" And of course they were referring to Hayden!

I'm telling you, if the make up artist don't rough him up a bit... Oh, hell, what am I saying?! Unless they gouge scars in Daniel's face he is still going to be attractive!
That's it... this TV series is going to be a disaster... good show or not. Hottie Boba will attract the wrong followers...

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

140 (edited by -Fettish- Monday, February 19, 2007 9:06 pm)

Well, if the site does become overrun by squealing girls, drooling after hottie Boba, we'll have to keep a close eye on them.  They will be posting all manner of topic headings:

"Why Boba is so Hot"
"How would your name sound if you married Boba?"
"The perfect date with Boba"
"What would you and Boba name your kids?"
"If you took Boba to prom"

................................ *SHUDDERS*

Its the stuff of nightmares, I tell you...

If all of them are like Katie, it will not last long. Last year she was obsessed with someone in Lord of the Rings. Befor that, Harry Potter

But what if these are the obsessed variety?

M-16s were created for a reason.

144 (edited by Sev Fett Monday, February 19, 2007 10:21 pm)

HA!  That's a good one.  I could imagine someone storming into various fangirl's houses, carrying M-16, shouting,  "HERE'S DRACO!!!"

My isn't this off the wall...is it possible to get back in the same direction we started in?

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

Ah sorry got to have those random moments.  Anyway Manji's point is of grest importance!

I agree with you guys, having hoardes of little teenagers (meaning 12 and 13 year olds) overrunning us would be awful. And it's along the same lines as I was saying about newbs overrunning with non-canon things that were presented in the tv shows, refusing to listen to us who know what's canon.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Manji_Ninja wrote:

I know I have mixed feelings about this... on one hand, Boba has the potential to make some appearances, but I have a feeling that George Lucas and who ever else works on the script will write in so many things that contradict Boba Fett's character and/or history that has been written in the novels (As if he hasn't already, but still...)
I honestly don't know how I feel about Boba being involved. I probably won't have much of an opinion until I watch the show.

I do have on worry though.... Boba will be so lame/ruined  that I'll be ashamed to be a Fett fan... I don't want that to happen.

No matter what happens I will always be a Fett fan. and I''ll prove it. About the girls liking Daniel Logan, I guess I'm ok with that. Schoolgirls will be schoolgirls I guess. I hope the show turns out good and that Boba's image is not too messed up. Also, when they make-up Daniel, they should probably put a scar somewhere to show hes the best bounty hunter in the galaxy, not some new zealand guy that the girls like.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

I never liked the Star Wars movies turned TV shows.  Too many additional non-canon things, and too many misperceptions about a perfectly good character.  They are doing a new thing: Making Boba a main character in his own TV show, but as you all have said,  that's what people are going to base their opinions on.  This site will be overrun by the people who think they know all about the character, but in truth, know next to nothing.  This site probably will be corrupted by the TV show fans, who will probably mix up the TV Boba's history, achievements, up with the real one's.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

There are a few, non M-16, solutions.