Re: Colours of Mandalorian Armor

Werda Verd wrote:
mand'alor1 wrote:

The Mandalorian Warrior in the FanFic I'm working on has black armor to symbolize justice with a gold visor T to symbolize vengence and a blood red Mythosaur skull on the left shoulder. The layout of the armor is like Canderous Ordo's.

Black and gold are the same colors my guys got.....good taste. Same order, too.

Thanks, and to keep it from being too plain I put it over a dark gray flight suit.

Home is where the armor is.

Any of these will do me...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/OrtharRrith/kotemandos_wallpaper.jpg

Although the black one has to be my personal favourite (seeing as it is my armour)

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/OrtharRrith/OrtharRrith-1.jpg[/img]

Awsome pic you guys made there Orthar, and great color schemes for all three.  I think your's would be my favorite there just on looks, very close me my layout, only I have the red visor and a darker flightsuit *all when and if it's ever completed*

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Nice stuff, Orthar. I have to say, I like yours better than the others. They're all nice though.

mand'alor1 wrote:
Werda Verd wrote:
mand'alor1 wrote:

The Mandalorian Warrior in the FanFic I'm working on has black armor to symbolize justice with a gold visor T to symbolize vengence and a blood red Mythosaur skull on the left shoulder. The layout of the armor is like Canderous Ordo's.

Black and gold are the same colors my guys got.....good taste. Same order, too.

Thanks, and to keep it from being too plain I put it over a dark gray flight suit.

I hadn't even thought about a flight suit.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

I don't think the black and gold scheme is too plain. "In simplicity there is both clarity and strength."

Thats the final straw! I here by offically announce my comitment to creating my beskar'gam. I can't live my life lusting after it only. Orthar, your kote mandos know how to get around the girl problems correct?

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

That's correct Si

Sweetness. I wonder how'd look in armor. I doubt as cool as you guys though.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Si Titran wrote:

Sweetness. I wonder how'd look in armor. I doubt as cool as you guys though.

you would probably look cooler!
has anyone see the videos of the guy making his mando armor on youtube?

[i]Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la.[/i]
Not gone, merely marching far away.-----[i]Mandalorian phrase for the departed[/i]

What types are your guys' armor? Mine is super commando.

purple armour would be cool. It's one of my favourite colours. ( it is not a girly colour tongue )

You're foolish words can never hurt me

mand'alor1 wrote:

Not sure on your meaning there vod, ALL Boba/Jango era Mandalorian armour is based on the same (basic) design, although modification and variation does exist. Supercommando's are the best of the best Mandalorians, elite if you like. Shocktrooper's on the other hand was a name that applied to all Mandalorians of Boba and Jango's era (originally having come from the Neo-Crusaders name of a type of Mandalorian soldier 5000 yrs before Star Wars ANH). It would there-fore be more accurate to say that the armour is Shocktrooper armour.

KOTE Mandos are also referred to as Ori'ramikad Squad - which is Mando'a for Supercommando Squad, so we are also Supercommando's.

soon as i can find a good & inexpensive kit im gonna put my swg suit together irl
long live the green & black smile

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/jfett69/lucas.png

"Those with the ability to lead, have the responsibility to do so."

Orthar wrote:
mand'alor1 wrote:

Not sure on your meaning there vod, ALL Boba/Jango era Mandalorian armour is based on the same (basic) design, although modification and variation does exist. Supercommando's are the best of the best Mandalorians, elite if you like. Shocktrooper's on the other hand was a name that applied to all Mandalorians of Boba and Jango's era (originally having come from the Neo-Crusaders name of a type of Mandalorian soldier 5000 yrs before Star Wars ANH). It would there-fore be more accurate to say that the armour is Shocktrooper armour.

KOTE Mandos are also referred to as Ori'ramikad Squad - which is Mando'a for Supercommando Squad, so we are also Supercommando's.

I looked up the supercommando armor on wookieepedia and the pic there looks more like Neo-Crusader armor so I'll put it this way; my armor is like Canderous Ordo's, a little bulkier and covers more parts of the body. Almost like a cross between Neo-Crusader and Shock Trooper armor. I get what you're saying though, but I was refering more to armor styles.

There's only Two really different versions of the armor that I know of:  The Neo-Crusader armor as seen in KotOR and the Fett style; but only the Neo-Crusader armor was standardized.  Even in that era 5000 years before Ep. IV, there was GREAT diversity in Mando armor; even more then 'Modern' Mando armor that I've seen.  Just look up the KotOR comics and you'll see MASSIVE variations and diversity in the armor.  Only the Neo-Crusader armor from the game was wide spread, and even it had variations that you never see in the game.  In reality, I'm not sure there's any ONE thing about Mando armor that can really be called 'standard' and common off all.  A Mandalorian's armor is really a personal thing, and can very Dramatically from one warrior to the next.  The T-visor is VERY common, even in the KotOR era, but isn't on all Mandos.  Neither is the full body coverage, as some were sleeveless, or in the case of a Twilek I saw, his 'head tails' were exposed and hung from holes on the sides of his helmet.

There is usually a common 'look' and 'feel' to Mando armor, and there's some that are unmisstakibley Mando *Fett/Neo-Crusader armor*, but there is much more you could make that you could still call Mandalorian

Hope this made sense....

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Si, you should definitly get armor!

I've read lots of stuff on making my own armor, but none of it makes sense to me. I'm shooting for skiff guard-like armor, but I want to be able to put a long tunic beneath it and a headscarf, and tranform into a Haradrim from Lord of the Rings. Two armors in one!

How do I do it? Will I have to just hammer out the metals?

Some may run a short while, but none of them would bide.

Actually Ralin Drakus there are several types of armor varieties; Crusader, Neo-Crusader, Death Watch, Shock Trooper... Though I think I'm mistaken with there being super commando armor, I thought I read it somewhere but maybe not. And this is taken from Wookieepedia: Throughout Mandalorian history, three major features remained constant in Mandalorian Armor design:           
1. The wearer was always protected by lightsaber-resistant Mandalorian iron, which could also deflect blaster bolts.

2. The helmets almost always possessed a T-shaped visor and a sophisticated heads-up display (HUD).

3. Mandalorian warriors decorated their armor to reflect personal accomplishments, clan affiliation, or simply personal preference. They often repainted their armor to reflect rank, clan, and possibly the current terrain. They were also known to paint their armor in the traditional colors that represented specific causes the individual might currently be undertaking. The color blue represented reliability, green for duty, black for justice, gold for vengeance, red for honoring a father, and gray for mourning a lost love were common color variants. The colors, however, did not always have a specific meaning. Sometimes they were just colors that the particular Mandalorian liked. Some Mandalorians wore pieces of armor to honor relatives, both dead and alive.

Though I know that a lot of mandos didn't use Mandalorian Iron for their Beskar' gam I thought that the T visor was always consistent, even with defectors like the Death Watch.

I think that black with silver would look very cool!

Kalak Kast
Mandalorian Bounty Hunter

Same, that's a Very nice combination.

And welcome to the boards  smile

mand'alor1 wrote:

Actually Ralin Drakus there are several types of armor varieties; Crusader, Neo-Crusader, Death Watch, Shock Trooper... Though I think I'm mistaken with there being super commando armor, I thought I read it somewhere but maybe not. And this is taken from Wookieepedia: Throughout Mandalorian history, three major features remained constant in Mandalorian Armor design:           
1. The wearer was always protected by lightsaber-resistant Mandalorian iron, which could also deflect blaster bolts.

2. The helmets almost always possessed a T-shaped visor and a sophisticated heads-up display (HUD).

3. Mandalorian warriors decorated their armor to reflect personal accomplishments, clan affiliation, or simply personal preference. They often repainted their armor to reflect rank, clan, and possibly the current terrain. They were also known to paint their armor in the traditional colors that represented specific causes the individual might currently be undertaking. The color blue represented reliability, green for duty, black for justice, gold for vengeance, red for honoring a father, and gray for mourning a lost love were common color variants. The colors, however, did not always have a specific meaning. Sometimes they were just colors that the particular Mandalorian liked. Some Mandalorians wore pieces of armor to honor relatives, both dead and alive.

Though I know that a lot of mandos didn't use Mandalorian Iron for their Beskar' gam I thought that the T visor was always consistent, even with defectors like the Death Watch.

Interesting piece of information, I would like to take note of that. I liked the color scheme of Boba Fett's armor does the red on his T-shape visor honor Jaster or Jango or Both?

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

Sharra Fett wrote:
mand'alor1 wrote:

Interesting piece of information, I would like to take note of that. I liked the color scheme of Boba Fett's armor does the red on his T-shape visor honor Jaster or Jango or Both?

Well, if you read everything there, you basiclly come away with my statement... there was NO standard version of the armor. 

In 1., you stated that the wearer ALWAYS was protected by Mandalorian Iron, then admited that this was on the case in 3.  As you admit in #2, the helmet ALMOST always possessed the T-visor; I know for a fact that this is true, and that during the Mandalorian Wars era the T-visor wasn't all that common at all.

And in #3 you basically say what I did again: each Mando painted and decorated his/her armor to their own personal tastes and there was NO commonality.  I hadn't heard that many Mandos painted their armor for other reasons then the 'color code,' and I'm very glad if that's true.

But in short, I don't really see where we dissagree

221 (edited by mand'alor1 Tuesday, September 2, 2008 1:21 pm)

I'm not saying we disagree I was simply pointing something out. And like I said those three points were copy and pasted directly from Wookiepedia, they weren't my own. I personally have never seen a Mando without a T visor though. Also, I don't think that the color of the armor determines the type.

Ahhhhh, I missed your note that the text there was copied from the Wiki.  As I'm sure Draco would have pointed out if he'd seen that, you should trust NOTHING you see there.  I follow it to a degree, but he's basically right; it can be VERY missleading, and not as accurate as it might sound.

Look up pics from the KotOR comics with groups of Mandos, or play the KotOR games.  EVERY Mando except Mandalore Ordo you see in the games does Not have a T-visor, but rather an Imperial Guard lookin' slit visor.  In the comics, most DO have some sort of T-visor, but not all.  And there's a ton of variations on the T for those who do.

The more modern Mandos DO seem to have the Fett style of armor more or less standardized as far as the basic form of the armor.  Keep in mind, however, that many comics, especially older ones, can quickly become non-canon in those sorts of details when something newer and better comes out

Ralin Drakus wrote:

Ahhhhh, I missed your note that the text there was copied from the Wiki.  As I'm sure Draco would have pointed out if he'd seen that, you should trust NOTHING you see there.  I follow it to a degree, but he's basically right; it can be VERY missleading, and not as accurate as it might sound.

Look up pics from the KotOR comics with groups of Mandos, or play the KotOR games.  EVERY Mando except Mandalore Ordo you see in the games does Not have a T-visor, but rather an Imperial Guard lookin' slit visor.  In the comics, most DO have some sort of T-visor, but not all.  And there's a ton of variations on the T for those who do.

The more modern Mandos DO seem to have the Fett style of armor more or less standardized as far as the basic form of the armor.  Keep in mind, however, that many comics, especially older ones, can quickly become non-canon in those sorts of details when something newer and better comes out

True about Wookieepedia, and I wonder if modern Mandos having shock trooper armor is due to their creators basically copying the Boba and Jango armor, giving it a different color and the person inside a different name.

I'm very sure it is... which is very sad. 

I'll bet you most anything that once some Really deep work is finally done on the Mandos *and with KT beating the Mando drum I'm sure it's only a matter of time, for better or for worse...* we'll see comics and independent art works start to come out of 'Modern', Fett era Mandos who have VERY diverse sets of armor, much like what can be seen in the KotOR comics

Ummm.... My question???

Some may run a short while, but none of them would bide.