Re: Colours of Mandalorian Armor

I just got done making some armor myself... Gunmetal gray and black. It was a long project, but totally worth it. I made my armor out of trashcans. It sounds stupid, but works really well, especially on a tight budget. After cutting out my pieces, I molded them in the oven... Anyway, I really prefer the darker colors. I would also like to do a Fett costume someday, just to do it. It would be really fun just trying to get everything perfect. I have a friend who told me he would help me cut the pieces out of sheet metal when I got the money. Other colors I think are cool- Black with Red trim, Dark gray with blue trim. I saw a girl at one of the conventions with pink armor... it was cute, but I don't think I would ever do that. (no offense to anyone with pink armor)

II like the red with black trim as well as all black like Walon Vau's Beskar but I also quite like the bronze colour that Kal Skirata has.

"I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe. "

I like Walon Vau's personally and how do you add pictures.

Its not just you dads cranky,one time I saw him yell at a butterfly called it a son of a ***** told it to get out of his garden-Corner Gas

Ghez Hokans pretty good to.Its like red,grey,black. Kinda like Rav Bralors but Ghez is a boy.

Its not just you dads cranky,one time I saw him yell at a butterfly called it a son of a ***** told it to get out of his garden-Corner Gas

ee-3 wrote:

Five letters for you... B-L-A-C-K with white around the black visor.... Oh Yeah!!! big_smile

Boba still has my favorite armor on though since I've never actually seen this kind of armor. And to "mando316" I don't even think it is a real set of armor anymore, just bits and peices of any armor parts he found. BUT he put them together quite nicely. big_smile

I agree.

Dageen Fett wrote:

Dark blood red and and bobas green mixed in would be awesome looking i think

Thats basically Fenn Shysa.

mandoboy wrote:

Ghez Hokans pretty good to.Its like red,grey,black. Kinda like Rav Bralors but Ghez is a boy.

sounds like he stole my colors . . .

*See Avatar*
<-----

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Well, first off, let me just start by saying that each color represents something different. For example sand-gold means vengeance, and black means justice. To me, I've taken these colors meanings and the ideals based around them as the concept for what I think looks best. Because to me, when I look at the colors I see the meaning behind them, and because of that I think that certain colors look the best because of the fact that they have personal meanings and the meanings that I can relate to are the colors I think are best. So for me, I'd have to say sand-gold is the best-looking and my favorite color.

Even through death you cannot be killed. If you are a true Mandalorian you will live on and be remembered forever. -Kom'rk Vhett

Keep in mind however that the 'color code' is optional to each Mando.  Those are generalized representations that not each warrior follows.  Some like me use color as a Clan affiliation marker, while others use variations of the color code, and then a lot just use whatever catches their eye with no other meaning then personal taste in color

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Good point man. I'm just saying thats how it is for me. but than again your right, its different for everyone and the 'color code' is optional.

Even through death you cannot be killed. If you are a true Mandalorian you will live on and be remembered forever. -Kom'rk Vhett

Hey, no worries, and I hope you know I'm not trying to burn you in any way.  It's just that I notice a lot of Mando fans seem to think that the color system is set in stone or something.  I just like to throw the reminder out there that the color code isn't universally followed, even though I believe a majority of the Mando'ade do follow it based on KT's writtings

Ralin Drakus wrote:

even though I believe a majority of the Mando'ade do follow it based on KT's writtings

KT's mandos that she writes are all written and their armor designed after her 'color code' she made up, other mandos aren't held to the same rules

"Those with the ability to lead, have the responsibility to do so."

hmmm....

Armor : black..

Flightsuit : white..

Helmet : black and the t-visor's outline is white..

rocket-pack : black

Verd ori'shya beskar'gam. - "A warrior is more than his armor"

That would look nice

crocodiles cry when they eat they're prey

Beige.

In Mandalorian culture colors each have a special meaning. Blue represents reliability; green, duty; black, justice; grey, mourning a lost love; gold, vengeance; red, honoring a father. I would have to say Boba's then Jango's.       NOTE: Jango's armor is SILVER and blue so as far as I know, he was NOT mourning a lost love.

“Whoever angers you, owns you.”

(If I were to have armor of my own I'd definitely go with black armor and dark blue trim.)

“Whoever angers you, owns you.”