Topic: Colours of Mandalorian Armor

There are quite a few different colour variations to Mandalorian armour which do you think looks the best and why?

I love Boba's, mainly because it's the original and that's what I expect to see. cool

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Re: Colours of Mandalorian Armor

BFFC-Mel wrote:

There are quite a few different colour variations to Mandalorian armour which do you think looks the best and why?

I love Boba's, mainly because it's the original and that's what I expect to see. cool

Yes, Bobas' color-scheme is the first that we relate to "Mandalorian armor".  However,  Fett has made so many modifications and alterations to the armor that it is very difficult to tell exactly what an un-altered suit on Mando-armor looks like.  Each warrior was encouraged to modify and use different color schemes to indicate his identity within the clan.  I've seen quite a few different colors and designs and some are quite exquisite in their own way.
I have chosen a custom design for my own suit.  As much as I love Boba Fett, I respect him to much to try to imitate him or copy his look.  This is my own personal feeling.. I have seen some really kick-ass Boba Fett costumes and they all earn my utmost respect.  But for me.. I am proud just to wear the armor and consider myself family.

[b][color=green] Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din[/color][/b]

Dark blood red and and bobas green mixed in would be awesome looking i think

"I will bet all my Star Wars guys. Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Except Boba Fett. No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett man."
―Peter Griffin

Boba's publicity color, the protp-type, and Cassus's greay armor.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

I like Jango's color scheme. I've always thought silver and blue looked great together.

I also like Mandalore's armor from KOTOR II. It sort of looks like silver and black stormtropper armor, but I still think it looks good.

Gold and black would also look good, with a dark red, slightly faded Mythasaur skull on the chest.

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars

I have an old 1980's beach towel, that they incorrectly put Boba's armor color as gray.  I thought that color, however, looked better than the green color scheme, so I'd have to go with dark gray armor, with a red t-visor.

https://www.bobafettfanclub.com/boards/img/m/2/t/p1dp6fd3qa1rpv1v181ghj1qeqs8j3.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/Mandalorian_Boba_Fett/Boba%20Fett%20Stuff/1980sBeachTowel--closeupofface.jpg

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

that is an awesome towel, and i do like the color scheme on it too. nice.

"I will bet all my Star Wars guys. Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Except Boba Fett. No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett man."
―Peter Griffin

Yea i know it looks realy cool.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

I want one! cool

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

I think I just pee'd my pants.. Friggin sweeet towel.. look kinda like my Vader towel I got for ROTS.. I would kill for a towel with the Fett on it!!!  I would never use it.. thats for damn sure.. It'ld hang on my wall just like my Vader towel and my Maul towel.

My friend Sean was making an ALL WHITE Mando suit...  Ive seen one on a MySpace profile.. they look pretty sweet.

[b][color=green] Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din[/color][/b]

i think gray and rusted because it looks more like it's been in battle                         big_smile

Orange and blue would be my choice. Orange being the main color and blue the secondary like the t visor.

You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than with just a kind word.

In regards to your beach towel...i would like to offer you a simple solution rather then saying its a incorrect beach towel of Boba Fett. That and could be a good conversation piece for you, if you want that is.

I did some research on the history of Boba and other Mandalorians known to date with what sources i could gather. To my knowledge until just yesterday, there is no record of a Mandalorian with grey armor. Then i realized the answer was right under my nose, the source i needed to look at was the very book i was reading...Bloodlines.

A former clone trooper and now merc/bounty hunter sporting Mando Armor has a all grey variation of this suit. If you havent read the book then this next part will either make you think im a liar or i just typoed. But the clones age is 140 years old. His name is Skirata. From the words of Jango Fett himself, this is how he described Skirata...

"  A short, tough, fanatical man who trained clone commandos and was the dirtiest fighter i have ever known. "

Well just thought i would say my 2 cents, hope i could help in any way. Or maybe i was just useful in wasting some peoples time in writing this. Either way, this is what i found.

Bando out.

If you read some earlier posts you would realize that Cassus Fett had gray armour, though that has nothing to do with the towel.

Not sure I understand your tone or intention in your reply, but no matter. Would you mind providing the info of where Cassus Fett is mentioned or seen in Star Wars novels, comics, or books etc etc? Would love to read up on him.

Thank You.

Bando Out.

Here you go, dude.  You can obtain his armor in the KOTOR game.  It makes references to him throughout the game, and there's an article about him in the "Mandalorians 101" Star Wars Insider article, that was out a while back.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cassus_Fett

Game designers for Knights of the Old Republic originally included two different versions of Cassus Fett's armor but only the pink version was available in the game. The grey version was only accesible by editing a game file, and only available in the pc version of the game. The armor was hidden in the code but wasn't available to the player initially.

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

I apologize if my post sounded rude.

Totally Green(woot) and Grey/black(wootness) awesome color for a fett

I think black armor with a dark grey suit under it, like the Death Watch's armor, is a sweet look. A clan I run on Jedi Knight Jedi Academy called the Romano Clan, use skins that resemble the black and armor. It's really awesome!

[url]http://s12.invisionfree.com/LegacyRP/index.php?showtopic=874[/url]

20 (edited by SGT-BOB Thursday, October 19, 2006 6:32 pm)

i would have to say green and black and to give better imaging ive edited a picture of boba fett to show u a color scheme that i think would be awsome!

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q8/S … olored.gif

The jedi have defied the laws of physics for the last time. countless awsome villians have died. now they must be punished. . .

Wow nice that does look pretty good smile.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

I think black, dark red, silver would look nice

Wich meatbag would you like me to kill first, master?

light green visor with black armor. wink

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

black armor with a blue visor.

"This IS my signature."

SGT-BOB wrote:

i would have to say green and black and to give better imaging ive edited a picture of boba fett to show u a color scheme that i think would be awsome!

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q8/S … olored.gif

that kinda make me think of degeneration X after shawn michaels left and they brought in road dogg and x-pac.  that's just my two cents.  i'm hoping sometime in january i get to start work on suits for couple friends, white armor over black with blue gauntlets, and red armor over black and we're undecided on the gauntlets at this point.