Topic: The Croc Hunter (Steve Irwin) has Died

Hi All,

I was utterly surprised to here that Steve Irwin has died. Apparently he was filming in Cairns (in Queensland, Australia) and was stung by a sting-ray and died. Here's a link to the story. I'm absolutely gob-smacked at this.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/060904/2/10ebw.html

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Re: The Croc Hunter (Steve Irwin) has Died

I know it, I just logged on and there was the article.
I don't even know how old his kid/kids is/are. But I can't imagine that trauma if his daughter is at least 5.

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

His daughter is 8 and his son is 3. Which is terrible, but I think it would always have been hardest on his wife... Always wondering if he would come back alive. So many close calls, this one finally got him.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

This is awfull!!  I found out this morning when the old man signed on to the internet.
Wife, children, and such young ones at that.

[url]http://museunplugged.blogspot.com/[/url]

My mom told me just a few minutes ago then i went on here on every forum site people are talkin about it.

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

6 (edited by True Warrior Monday, September 4, 2006 11:36 am)

I got up at 12:00 today and my dad was off work. He was cleaning his guitar and said "guess who died.." I looked at him startled. I said"who?" Dad looked over to the TV and they said "Steve Irwin killed today by a sting wray.." I was then calmed. I got some cereal and said to my dad, "welp.......doesnt surprise me......." My dad just shook his head at me. "What!?" I said. "He was gonna die sooner or later! He HUNTS CROCS FOR GODS SAKE!"

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

7 (edited by Spider-Fett Monday, September 4, 2006 11:56 am)

OH gosh!  That's... very shocking.  I grew up watching his show, he was my role model.  That's so sad... yet surprising that it was a stingray, which is usually a docile animal, and not a croc.  Wow, that he is actually dead is so hard to swallow...

Boba: Lord Vader, I bring good news.--Vader: You have captured Solo?--Boba: No.--Vader: Then what is it?--Boba: I just saved 15% on starship insurance by switching to Geiko! {MW}

Actually, I'm with TW on this 1. It's sad and all, and it's horrible for his family. But I mean, he has been stung and bitten and snapped at thousands of times, sooner or later he was bound to get caught. He knew it, his wife knew it, everyone knew it. But it was his life, and he died doing what he loved.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

I got up yesterday and heard that on the news. That is shocking. Animal Planet is having a tribute to him starting at 6:00 pm at local time. I certanly plan on watching it.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

I actually watched that.  It was very interesting.

SF

Boba: Lord Vader, I bring good news.--Vader: You have captured Solo?--Boba: No.--Vader: Then what is it?--Boba: I just saved 15% on starship insurance by switching to Geiko! {MW}

Shocked the heck out of me. Very sad.

The footage hasn't made it to the internet yet has it? Cuz I heard it exists and I hope it never gets out.

"Next time I'll just reach over and pull somebody's head off."

12 (edited by Miba Tuesday, September 5, 2006 6:24 pm)

There's a link to the video from my area's paper's site, but I'm not sure I want to give a link to the site or not since it's got my city name on it. But it is out there.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

For real? S.O.B!  http://graphics.gaiaonline.com/images/template/smiles/icon_stressed.gif That really sucks, cuz I just heard on the radio this morning how the people who had that rights to the video were genuinely trying to keep it from leaking. Oh well, I guess it was bound to happen eventually; it was only a matter of time. I'm just a little surprised it happened so fast.

"Next time I'll just reach over and pull somebody's head off."

14 (edited by draco fett Wednesday, September 6, 2006 12:40 pm)

Miba wrote:

There's a link to the video from my area's paper's site, but I'm not sure I want to give a link to the site or not since it's got my city name on it. But it is out there.

Would it be possible to just give us a link to the video?

take it easy baby take it as it comes

I just went to the site and it's not there anymore. I'm sorry. I didn't watch it though cause I was in a hurry at the time, so I can't say what was in it. Maybe try Yahoo or something? Google, maybe?

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

They've said they're not going to release the footage. Apparently it's pretty grusome. They said the sting ray put it's barb through his heart. Apparently he pulled it out, collasped and died.

But I guess he died doing what he loved. I feel so sorry for his family apparently Terri and the kids were trekking in Tasmania so they weren't even in the same state when he died. I think the hardest part for Terri would be debating whether or not you'd want to watch the footage of his death. How horrid sad

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Yeah, I guess he did go out honorably, just the way he would have wanted..........only younger probably, ya know? I know its hard to swallow, I couldnt believe it the first time I heard it, I mena, its th CROC HUNTER!!! I saw a special on his life on animal planet the other day, and I almost.....................well............thought about crying. It seemed e had a pefect life set for him, ya know? well........as Fetter said, at least he dies doing what he loved........Lets all give Steve Irwin AKA The Crocodile Hunter, a moment of silence.....

Steve Irwin:  196.......something.........to 2006. Rest in Peace.

TW sad

[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

18 (edited by Spider-Fett Monday, September 11, 2006 2:47 pm)

He was 44 when he died, so it would be 1962 that he was born.

SF

Very sad indeed, there will be a memorial this wednesday held at his zoo in Queensland Australia.

I was floored when I heard the news. I guess I'd always thought of Steve Irwin as invincible, him hunting crocs and all.

"Whoever is a highly evolved, super-genius raise your hand."  *raises hand*   "Oh."     
-----[color=#FF0000]Rodney McKay[/color]

I always thought he would be killed by something.when i first saw his show i said hed die some day in some strange accident with a normally harmless animal.i think he was in love with the idea.he always had an odd look in his eyes.

SF is what life is all about.

Its very very ironic once you think about it. Its kind of like when Cristopher Reeve dies. (RIP)

TW

Yeah.  Both of them were great losses, and its especially shocking considering how tough they were before death.

SF

such people do die

SF is what life is all about.