Topic: Dengar

Bats when I first saw Boba Fett my eyes were JUST locked on him all the time
But I have noticed a Bounty Hunter called Dengar,.....not much has been said
about him or I haven't noticed,.
Has any fans here know much about him ??
   bats

Re: Dengar

Yes, he's in Tales of the Bounty Hunters and The Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy. He's really cool!

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

didn't he find boba in the desert, i thought he was a madolarion.

myspace.com/srsrsr2

I dont think Dengar was a mandalorian if he was more would be said about him probably, but he did find Boba.

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

5 (edited by Miba Thursday, August 24, 2006 7:15 pm)

Ok... maybe I'd better give out his story... He's not Mandalorian, btw

Dengar was an average normal Corellian human at one point, except he was good at racing swoops. So one day he's racing with Han and Han accidentally knocks into him and off Dengar goes flying right into some Glass Grass poking himself all over and pretty much slicing his head open a few times. The only thing that could save him was Imperial medical people, and while they were operating they figured they might as well pull out some of his emotion centers (happiness, joy, love, I think were among them) and turn him into an Imperial Assasin. He started wandering away from the Empire and started hunting on his own. Though what he really wanted was to kill Han. During his hunts he met this girl, Manaroo. They fell in love. Dengar was on Tatooine scavanging the wreck of Jabba's sail barge when he stumbled across Boba. And they saved him and helped him heal. Later on Boba and Dengar were partners a few times.

He also got a pig from Star Fox named after him: Pigma Dengar.

But since 99.9% of Star Fox fans hate him, PLUS the actual progammers, that isn't such a good thing. XD

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

Thanks Miba
I didn't know that he saved Boba,,,is there a tape on thast or just in the book
I must say Hans Solo has a lot to answere, to his fault ,that Boba Fett fell down
into that monster's mouth and also with this Dengar
Never liked Hans any way. 
   Bats

Moving this to the Bounty Hunters forum..

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

For some reason, I just adore Dengar. Probably because he seems like an everyman type - he 's not particularly talented or particularly bright, and it was really just a (un)lucky break that made him into a cybernetic killing machine. But somehow, he's always managed to get by and actually do pretty damn well for himself.
Although, hanging arond Boba probably has something to do with it...

Personally ithink he is skilled you must have quite fast reflexes and stuff to be one of the best swoop pilots. After the cybernetics he is amazingly skilled.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Yeah, he's the one that helps Boba when he was injured by blowing himself up

I would change the world, if only i had the source code.  :cool:

Dengar is the coolest cyborg since General Grievous...

And that IG-88 is pretty cool too.

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Miba wrote:

Ok... maybe I'd better give out his story... He's not Mandalorian, btw

Dengar was an average normal Corellian human at one point, except he was good at racing swoops. So one day he's racing with Han and Han accidentally knocks into him and off Dengar goes flying right into some Glass Grass poking himself all over and pretty much slicing his head open a few times. The only thing that could save him was Imperial medical people, and while they were operating they figured they might as well pull out some of his emotion centers (happiness, joy, love, I think were among them) and turn him into an Imperial Assasin. He started wandering away from the Empire and started hunting on his own. Though what he really wanted was to kill Han. During his hunts he met this girl, Manaroo. They fell in love. Dengar was on Tatooine scavanging the wreck of Jabba's sail barge when he stumbled across Boba. And they saved him and helped him heal. Later on Boba and Dengar were partners a few times.

He also takes some sort of drug that makes him hallucinate. He starts to think people look like Han Solo a few time during TOTBH.

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars

I feel sorry for Dengar...At least it worked out happily for him with his wife and all...

Thylacine wrote:

He also takes some sort of drug that makes him hallucinate. He starts to think people look like Han Solo a few time during TOTBH.

It has been a while sence I read the story, but I think that that was just his extreme rage.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Yeah he was a pretty angry all the time until he found love...Then he was only angry half the time.

And chances are you'd be angry too if you'd gone through what he's gone through...

Yeah, I think it was rage too.

Well he had more right to hate Han Solo than everyone else who hated him....

Even if it was Dengar's own fault that he got burned...(correct me if I'm wrong)

Humorbot5 wrote:

Dengar is the coolest cyborg since General Grievous...

And that IG-88 is pretty cool too.

I know i am.

lol

I thought it was Han's fault cause he tried to  make a jump over Dengar and the font of the swoop landed on Dengars head which resulted in the crash.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Yeah, I think it was Han's fault. But he hit Dengar's front and not his head. (you know on the swoop they have those long parts sticking out the front?, I think they have something to do with the steering) His head was injured when he crashed into some glass grass.

Yeah probably Han's fault...My mistake.

draco fett wrote:
Thylacine wrote:

It has been a while sence I read the story, but I think that that was just his extreme rage.

I could've sworn he took some drugs. I got to hunt down my book and check it out again, because now I want to know for sure.

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars

Have you had a look whether Wookieepedia or the Databank say anything about it?

What you're probably thinking of is that while he was being re-made by the Imperium, they'd used various chemicals and drugs on him during his training and the side-effects had given him the tendancy to hallucinate, probably on and off for the rest of his life.
I suspect there may be a bit of post-traumatic stress there as well though.

Well it took away most of his emotions didn't it?

Love conquers all though doesn't it?