Topic: Where is the Fett in your life?

This is REALLY geeky, but, I never professed to be otherwise.
We all have the Fett mania in the blood. I'm wondering, in what ways does Boba Fett seep into your everyday life? 

1) In my blog I find at the end of posts, I can relate a fair amount of things back to Fett.  Something about the character, his books, movie appearances, fan fic, gets me thinking and off I go.
2) He's all over my house.
3) He is my writing critique group's 'enforcer'. I have a bust of him on a small china cabinet in the kitchen. Beneath the bust sit the envelopes of everyone's monthly goal, and their cash. We all live in fear of him should we not make our goals that month.  He is the reason one person wrote her chapter while heavily medicated last week, and another is going to finish her book. NO ONE (except maybe me) wants a visit from Boba Fett. And, he sends out laconic, threatening nasty grams to the group during the month between meetings to keep everyone 'motivated'.
4) He is my Business/Life coach. I keep his picture and statue on my desk. On my whiteboard, the first line reads "Boba Fett says" and it follows with something to ponder for the week. When I am at wit's end, I see the picture (just before he falls into the you know what), I look at the action figure, and I get 'creative' about solutions. He reminds me that the right thing is seldom the easy thing; that no one will take care of my life , or bank account, better than me; and that if I want a destiny I must forge it with my own two hands and a ton of grit. (imagine, all that from a little plastic figure. Yikes!)
5) He is the 'easy buy' for the wife. The Old Man never has to sweat getting me 'gifts' or bringing 'tribute'. Nor do his friends. As I do not frown upon the comics, collecting and such (like the other wives who detest it loudly) the house is a safe haven for them, so they occasionally bring me Fett booty in honor and to keep me happy.

Am I the only nut job out there, or does the Fett man figure into your daily grind as well?

[url]http://museunplugged.blogspot.com/[/url]

Re: Where is the Fett in your life?

He used to be a large part of my life years ago. But he still is some. I come here every day, does that count? lol

Hmm.... I have a lot of Fett product. When I'm buying SW stuff Fett stuff is always the first thing I buy, and I get the other non-Fett stuff later on if I have more money.

I agree with #4. I don't have a figure of him sitting at work, but he is a big help. Just thinking about all he's been through and all he's done and the things he can do and the way he thinks and it makes me go, sorta, "What would Boba do?" And it does help.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Mainly collectibles stuff all over the house.

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

He is like an imaginary friend that I talk to in my mind................I guess you can say he is like my conceince. wink Its really cool because a lot of times I'd be having small arguements in my mind with Boba! tongue Its kind of weird actually. I also have many books, and toys, and comics about him. He is also one of my idols!! And as Miba said, I come here dont I? lol I am the biggest poster on BFFC so far! Doesnt that say something???

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

It says you talk a lot.

But the Fett in my life is the boards, toys, movies, online, and books. And my writing as well, I haven't ever written a fan-fic that didn't include Boba Fett.

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

{OFF TOPIC}
Its funny because I BARELY talk in real life. Its much easier to type a couple words than to actually face someone and talk to them, ya know. Im actually very shy in real life. hmm

TW

[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Just one of those things.

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

Hm, lest's see I have mostly all the books he's in and I also have a couple of figures.

I have a large Fett collection, and I fallow many of the Fett codes.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

10 (edited by fairyblood Monday, July 31, 2006 12:26 am)

I made this Fett avitar to use on some message boards: http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/bounty_hunter_bk/Avies/fettsun.jpg
Nothing special, just cropping and adding text.

And a person under the screen name Sephiroth on a board I frequent made me this sig: http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/bounty_hunter_bk/fairysighw7.gif

One of the user names I go under is bounty_hunter_bk, which is a mix of my fandom for Fett and my nickname.

As for the real world I got some Fett swag and he sneaks into my conversations sometimes.

On a more persoanl note.
Sometimes when I'm on the verge of crying, and I'm in a situation where I can't afford to be distracted by such things, I imagine getting caught crying in front of Boba Fett. Not for some made up reaction from him or anything. I have this issue  about crying around people I respect. It's almost a phobia. I don't like appearing weak in front of them. I don't imagine any possible reaction from him, just that moment where he walks in and sees me at my weakest.  That can help motivate me to calm down.

"Next time I'll just reach over and pull somebody's head off."

when I get in trouble or get in fights I always think What would Jango do? Jango is the whole reason i became a star wars fan. And i think to my self for motivation if Jango can take done a big star fighter with his two pistols, then i can take on that big fat jerk over there.

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

Jango? Why not Boba? Jango is a coward, as he hires mercenaries to do the jobs he was hired to do. He is also an idiot. Jango used two wrist-rockets on two guards, who were right next to each other, and who were running away. One rocket or two blaster bolts would have worked.

13 (edited by True Warrior Saturday, August 26, 2006 10:02 am)

Oh shut up draco, you know thats not true. Hes just not as strong and smart as Boba, so he needs some help. Jango is a legendary Bounty Hunter as well you know, I think he knows what hes doing.......but that isnt the topic right now. wink

EDIT: MY 2000th POST!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!! YES! big_smile

TW

What I said is true, I did not make any of it up. But yes, back to topic.

well anyways, as Ive said before.......he is like one side of my consience. It very weird because I see a mini Boba in my mind when Im thinking to myself. tongue Its very hard to explain.

TW

You know when I first started to read this posting a sense of relief came over me that could and probably sound korny. "Hey it is ok, wow I am not the only one who feels like that"
It is almost a restful feeling that I am not the only one whom thinks most of the day how Boba fett and the fantasy of a Mandalorin culture exciting and helps me during the day.
If I had to put a number on it I would guess at 80% of the day either Boba, Jango or the fantasy world of the Mandalorian is on my mind.
At times I think of that next short story I will write but not share for fear of a negative opions.Or I am at work working on MY outfit as "Lopero". Which I have the "blaster" done and hope to share pictures of here and "Mando ade"
The phrase” when you going to grow up" as been asked of me by those whom have read what I written, drawn or any of my projects around this topic who do not share my interest.
I would not just say that "Fett" is my life but that I want to be in "Fetts" life.
Every since seeing ANH at the age of 7, I have had a fantasy that "I" can be apart of that Galaxy far, far away. And if I was this is who I would be and how I would act.
Now at 38 I can use that fantasy to help me in my life today with reference points to relate to certain things at certain times.
Not to mention that "fett in my life" helps me escape from the day to day doldrums. Keeping a creative mind stimulated in-between the serious decisions of the day.
Sorry I will get off my “soapbox”, I could go on and on.
To simple answer the topic,”Where is the Fett in my life?” about everywhere and a lot.
Now I will get off here and get back to designing “Loperos” family crest and logos for “his” outfit.
May the force be with you
L.

"I am just a simple man trying to make it in the universe"

He surrounds my desk (my creative center) in the form of action figures and statues.  Around my computer area (where I do my writing) he manifests himself in collages.  And he also appears in my stories in that I always ask myself, "Now what makes Fett loveable?" and then try to keep that in mind whenever my male characters start acting like wusses.  In my own life he's an inspiration for self-confidence.  "Would Fett be intimidated in this situation?  Would Fett care what anyone thought about him?"

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

Whenever I am on the verge of doing anything out of character (talking to others, asking others for help when it is possible for me to do it myself) I ask myself if Fett would do it.

Well I have a print of him on my lounge room wall, signed by Jeremy. But Boba is more than that to me. Boba is a source of strength for me. Often I'm way too nice, which opens myself up to being a doormat. Boba inspires me to be strong when I feel that everything has turned to crap. Luckily it's been a long time since I felt like that. I see Boba as a being in control of his life and I take my guidance from that. Plus he's just really cool wink

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

draco fett wrote:

Whenever I am on the verge of doing anything out of character (talking to others)...

Whoa, Draco, are you sure that's a good thing?

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

Most of the people in my class are idiots, but no, I am not.

BFFC-Mel wrote:

Well I have a print of him on my lounge room wall, signed by Jeremy. But Boba is more than that to me. Boba is a source of strength for me. Often I'm way too nice, which opens myself up to being a doormat. Boba inspires me to be strong when I feel that everything has turned to crap.

Ditto. wink

"Next time I'll just reach over and pull somebody's head off."

Fett rocks i got a wall dedicated to his merchandise, plus his books

"I will bet all my Star Wars guys. Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Except Boba Fett. No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett man."
―Peter Griffin

hes stong when im weak

SF is what life is all about.

True Warrior wrote:

He is like an imaginary friend that I talk to in my mind................I guess you can say he is like my conscience. wink Its really cool because a lot of times I'd be having small arguments in my mind with Boba! tongue Its kind of weird actually...TW

That is exactly what I would have said. It's kinda crazy, I've become Boba Fett. And oddly enough, thinking about all the things he's been through has got me through a lot of tough things in my life...;)

"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
     --Boba Fett