Re: What do you have in common with Boba Fett?

im highly individualistic and i have a rifle and i too love hello kitty.

SF is what life is all about.

*new here, please dismiss any abject stupidity*
I wear these huge dark sunglasses to "see and not be seen". (I also wear them because I'm sort of light-sensitive) You could sort of think of them as a visor.
I'm a wallflower. I can sit and observe people without getting involved. I like to work by myself. I also work on my own time! (in my art, anyway)

Hi, and don't worry about stupidity. Nothing in that post sounded stupid at all. smile

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

54 (edited by queenkale Monday, September 18, 2006 8:33 pm)

What I have in common with Fett?  I guess our choice of being outsiders.  Though I pretty much 'fit in' and get along with just about everyone, (my personality just meshes well with others) I'd much rather not deal with people and be on my own and in that, I don't really fit in with people at all.  If that makes any sense.  And as with SD_Chick, I work well by my self. I'm also very stubborn and a organizational freak.

"Man's main task in life is to give birth to himself, to become what he potentially is.  The most important product of his effort is his own personality."     
queenkale.deviantart.com

55 (edited by IG-88 Tuesday, September 19, 2006 4:20 am)

Cool welcome to bffc.
One of the things i have in common with Fett is if somone annoys me i stare at them like Fett looks at people with his visor i try to keep my face unemotional and it ushaully makes them look away.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Well, I’m the kind of person who will stand back and observe what’s going on before I get involved. I’m the kind of person who won’t be bullied by someone even if they think they are bigger and better than me(but I won’t rush into situations that are dangerous). I am oddly calm(probably more than the normal person) and very rarely panic or loose my temper. I’m quiet and quite good at talking in a relatively emotionless way so as to not let people know what I’m thinking if I need to. I almost always wear sunglasses in public to “hide” my face. There are many other things that I can’t think of right now…. Perhaps I have become a little too much like Boba Fett.

"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
     --Boba Fett

I always get the job done, just like Fett

"I will bet all my Star Wars guys. Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Except Boba Fett. No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett man."
―Peter Griffin

I wear sunglasses all the time too--I can' t leave the house without them!  They are pretty much with me day and night. If I'm not wearing them, they are on my head or hat.

"Train your sons to be strong, but your daughters to be stronger."--Karen Traviss, Bloodlines

59 (edited by Daenna Wednesday, September 20, 2006 4:15 pm)

Haha, fun thread!

- When I was 9 I wanted to have a knight's armor, like in Excalibur. I'd go around the house with a bike helmet on, visor down, all the time.
- When I was 12 I wanted to become an astronaut. That didn't turn out quite as planned though... I still got into astrophysics and started learning about the galaxy and stuff. That, too, didn't pan out as I expected. I'm still on Earth as you can see.
- From as far as I can remember I never had any real friends cause my family moved around a lot. Then I just took on the habit not to have anyone too close.
- With the years I learned never to trust others. In fact, I've been living like a hermit for quite some time now smile
- Since I was very little I've hated being referred to as "girl" or anything of that sort because it made me feel belittled. Still get angry sometimes now when someone is treating me first as a female instead of considering my abilities and skills. This point might be closer to the Mandalorian philosophy though.
- I'm a calculator. When I'm expected to take quick action I will take as much time as I can to act accordingly to the situation before doing something stupid (much like Jacsveus, *thumbs up*). Some may think I'm slow but they're the first ones to feel sorry for themselves.
- I don't get the job done when I know they pay isn't worth the effort wink

etc, etc. I could go on all day!

Things I've started doing because of Fett:
- Talking less and less.
- Staring at people until they look away
- Exercizing tongue
- Resolving into my non-smoking, drug-clean attitude. But a beer is good now and then wink
- Being self-sufficient, although that's a work of a lifetime...

[url=http://daennika.deviantart.com]Fan art[/url]

Deanna--I'm with ya on the beer thing tongue

I also like spending a lot of time by myself.

"Train your sons to be strong, but your daughters to be stronger."--Karen Traviss, Bloodlines

61 (edited by Jacsveus Wednesday, September 20, 2006 8:20 pm)

Well said Deanna. I too rarely (if ever) get close to anyone. I also don’t talk much (except on forums wink) and stare at people until they look away, which is way more fun than it should be. I spend most of my time by myself as well. And if I set my mind on doing something, it gets done.

--Boba Fett

Jacsveus wrote:

Well said Deanna. I too rarely (if ever) get close to anyone. I also don’t talk much (except on forums wink) and stare at people until they look away, which is way more fun than it should be. I spend most of my time by myself as well. And if I set my mind on doing something, it gets done.

Yeah, if there is something that I have to do, I start working on it right away until it's completed... which has its ups and downs because you can't distract me from my task at all, so I'm rarely available for others when my mind's up to something.

Yes, forums are good. It's the senseless chat that I don't like.... so anybody can talk to me on MSN, just don't expect me to chit-chat with anyone just because they feel bored... I am never bored, since I always have something to keep me busy wink

[url=http://daennika.deviantart.com]Fan art[/url]

Yeah, if there is something that I have to do, I start working on it right away until it's completed... which has its ups and downs because you can't distract me from my task at all, so I'm rarely available for others when my mind's up to something.

I can be like that too, and if I'm working and concentrating on something, I do NOT like being interrupted.

Hmmmm, what do I have in common with Boba?

I don't talk much in real life, unless I have something important to say. My voice is emotionless as well. (Not on purpose though, it just comes out like that.)

I can be stubborn, paranoid, and cunning when I need to be.

I don't have very many friends. I also prefere to work and be alone.

No one knows my true identity (Mainly on the Internet)

I love armor. If I owned any, I'd wear it all the time. I also like weapons, but I only have a couple of REALLY small hunting knifes at the moment.

That's about it...

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars

Really? I have a large weapon collection. I have fifty nine knives of all types (survival, combat, hunting, etc. Not culinary knives). I have thirteen hare-sheruken, a Mideval flail, a bullwhip, a double bladed fold out weapon that is about four feet unfolded a .22, and a 243 super short magnum. I also have six swords. Three are fantasy blades, one is a hook sword, one is a tanto, and one is a kitana (it has hidden dagger in the handle). I also have three daggers, two weapons that are rather hard to describe, and a darenger(spelling?) that does not work.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

draco fett wrote:

Really? I have a large weapon collection. I have fifty nine knives of all types (survival, combat, hunting, etc. Not culinary knives). I have thirteen hare-sheruken, a Mideval flail, a bullwhip, a double bladed fold out weapon that is about four feet unfolded a .22, and a 243 super short magnum. I also have six swords. Three are fantasy blades, one is a hook sword, one is a tanto, and one is a kitana (it has hidden dagger in the handle). I also have three daggers, two weapons that are rather hard to describe, and a darenger(spelling?) that does not work.

O_O Wow...How you get all those?

The only reason mine's so small is that I just started collecting a couple months ago. Plus, my salary doesn't pay me enough to buy anything too expensive.

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars

I have a pellet gun. Does that count? big_smile

68 (edited by Jacsveus Saturday, September 23, 2006 9:10 pm)

Thylacine wrote:

I love armor. If I owned any, I'd wear it all the time....

Funny you should say that....I spend a large part of my day in my Mandalorian armor….my family hates it. If my brother calls me a dork or something I just stare at him through that narrow, emotionless, T-shaped visor until he leaves me alone.....I need a life! wink
I am actually wearing it right now!!

--Boba Fett

69 (edited by draco fett Sunday, September 24, 2006 6:43 am)

I get most of them through www.budk.com .

take it easy baby take it as it comes

new revalation! me and Boba are same height! but so is anyone else who is 6 ft tall : ( o well can't win them all

"I will bet all my Star Wars guys. Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Except Boba Fett. No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett man."
―Peter Griffin

Thylacine wrote:
draco fett wrote:

O_O Wow...How you get all those?

The only reason mine's so small is that I just started collecting a couple months ago. Plus, my salary doesn't pay me enough to buy anything too expensive.

I've got three knives myself--the longest one is 18".  I like knives too.  I usually stop to look at the fantasy ones anytime they are displayed at local fairs or flea markets or wherever.

I'm like him when I'm riding my Busa..  When I see people looking at me, I don't turn my head, and give the total "don't f**k with me" aura. 

Then again, I'm referring to the REAL Boba Fett.  The one pre-Special Edition and Temeura Morrison.  big_smile

vintagegamer

As my mum once said, I don't suffer fools. While (apparently) I've got good social skills and can do the people stuff if I need to, but I don't see the point of pandering to people I don't enjoy the company of.

I've got a fairly similar attitude to work. If there's something I need (and want) to do, I just get on with it.

I'm very territorial, and have to have my own space to my specifications. And preferably, without anyone else popping in on me.

I can't stand injustice.

And I've had a 'little Boba' hairdo since I was in primary school (well, apart for my rebellious teenage phase, when I shaved my head). Only it's in red and black streaks.

74 (edited by John Rot Duart Friday, October 13, 2006 10:13 pm)

I escaped from a Sarlacc pit last weekend.

"Be Like Boba."  J. R. Duart -2006
WWJD - What Would Jango Do?

I think that would be a good name for a bar...Sarlacc pit hehe

In common with Boba: I now have mythosaur symbol on my left shoulder!  lol