76 (edited by cujo Wednesday, March 5, 2008 7:42 pm)

Re: My figures

nice Val, a question...
i noticed you didnt have a shadow utapua trooper(the black clone armor)
http://www.toyrocket.com/product1.aspx? … t_ID=44575
is that one ur looking for? i always check for him.
does anybody have that guy?

and for the collectors here is another question?
who is the figure you would absolutely loose ur mind if you saw him on the shelf for retail price.
i personally would trip if i found a shadow trooper...the original not episode3- but this would never be at a store for obvious reasons...
http://www.starwars.com/collecting/shop … 60420.html
or this dude
http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-EU-Imperi … otohosting
my friend found an original major blood(gijoe) figure still in its package at a thrift store for 3 dollars a year ago.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson

I'd have to say if I found an original Firefly figure, from GI Joe, still in it's packing.  That's the other thing I collect besides Fett, is all the different Firefly figures (GI Joe, not the TV show).  Go figure, huh, since Fett and Firefly are similar type of characters.  That was always my favorite Cobra villian, I think because of the cool camouflage.  Urban camo had just come out, back in the day, and it was pretty wild looking.

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

cujo wrote:

nice Val, a question...
i noticed you didnt have a shadow utapua trooper(the black clone armor)
http://www.toyrocket.com/product1.aspx? … t_ID=44575
is that one ur looking for? i always check for him.
does anybody have that guy?

and for the collectors here is another question?
who is the figure you would absolutely loose ur mind if you saw him on the shelf for retail price.
i personally would trip if i found a shadow trooper...the original not episode3- but this would never be at a store for obvious reasons...
http://www.starwars.com/collecting/shop … 60420.html
or this dude
http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-EU-Imperi … otohosting
my friend found an original major blood(gijoe) figure still in its package at a thrift store for 3 dollars a year ago.

Honestly Cujo, no i dont have that shadow trooper but only because i haven't seen it. Who here can honestly pass up a shadow trooper if they saw one? Certainly not me.

But the second link, the original shadow trooper is effing amazing. That's definitelty on my list.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Ah I am glad to see the collection finally Val! Impressive indeed. I happened to get my first trooper today by chance, the 501st one. He looks a bit out of place next to R2 and Qui-Gon, but I don't think he minds. tongue

That and I found the Boba mighty mugg too. I was quite pleased, even though i was looking for the Mando evolutions.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Btw, forgot to answer your question for collectors Cujo, The figure that i definitely want is an Old Ben Kenobi. A new one that is, like a Saga or legends figure. I have the one from the 90s.

And thanks Si and Ralin. I also have the Fett mighty muggs and a Fett Mr.potato head.

Does anybody know if more vehicles are going to come out?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. That's a tough one because I don't think I have a lot of figures, and honestly want them all. tongue For sure though would be a Darth Revan.

"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

82 (edited by cujo Thursday, March 6, 2008 2:02 am)

Sadriel_Fett wrote:

I'd have to say if I found an original Firefly figure, from GI Joe, still in it's packing.  That's the other thing I collect besides Fett, is all the different Firefly figures (GI Joe, not the TV show).  Go figure, huh, since Fett and Firefly are similar type of characters.  That was always my favorite Cobra villian, I think because of the cool camouflage.  Urban camo had just come out, back in the day, and it was pretty wild looking.

me too brother!(clapping giddily), no kidding those r 2 of the 3 guys i collect.
have you picked up the new wave sculpt?
http://www.yojoe.com/action/07/images/f … arge.shtml

the other figure i collect, is hunk from RE.
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/ … _495617703
i think all three of these characters are cut from the same cloth.

Heres mine:

mcquarrie boba fett
Debut boba fett
30th anniversary stormtrooper
30th anniversary hermi odle
30th anniversary Elis helrot
30th anniversary M 'yoom onith
30th anniversary mcquarrie chewbacca
30th anniversary darth vader ( ep 4 )
30th anniversary CZ-4
30th anniversary galatic marine
scout trooper
AT-AT driver ( pilot )
Cyberman
Weeping angel
Saesse Tinn
Kit fisto
Agen Kolar
Mace Windu
Palpatine ( evil, the jedi fight, ep 3 )
( not boba fett sad )
Anakin Skywalker
Commander Cody
general Grievous ( with cape and one lightsaber - blue )
kenner stormtrooper
Clone pilot ( ep 3 )
scarecrow ( 1 )
scarecrow ( 2 )
Others i cant remember..................

You're foolish words can never hurt me

Who is weeping angel? Or am I better off not asking?

Miba wrote:

If I posted a list of all the figures I own, I'd not only be here all day, but we'd have two pages in this thread. (cause mine would stretch far down and other people would have to post on the second page) So I'll just stick with saying, "I have a lot."

same. lol

...I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.  - Alo Fett

Alo Fett wrote:

"I have a lot."

so who r ur top ten?
based on hardest or most rewarding to find. and look etc?

A weeping angel is a monster from Doctor Who. lol, no worries, here.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/gallery/s3_10gallery/1024/homepage.jpg

Ok.

strange but scary, isn't it? ( knows she'll say it isn't scary ) tongue big_smile

cujo wrote:
Sadriel_Fett wrote:

me too brother!(clapping giddily), no kidding those r 2 of the 3 guys i collect.
have you picked up the new wave sculpt?
http://www.yojoe.com/action/07/images/f … arge.shtml

the other figure i collect, is hunk from RE.
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/ … _495617703
i think all three of these characters are cut from the same cloth.

Yeah, I picked up the new sculpt.  They look really sharp.  That was one of the things I was trying to get a decent picture of when we were at the Con last year.  When I moved from my old apartment, I found out that the "o-ring" in almost all my older Firefly figures I had setting out had dry rotted, because it's so freakin' dry out in Wyoming.  I ended up having to find someone who sold the things separately, and replace just about all of those.  That was a lot of fun.  I was reading somewhere that they're coming out with another one as part of one of their GI Joe comic book 2-packs that they have out now.  This one is supposed to be the Firefly costume version that's in the current GI Joe comic book series from Dark Horse, so that should be pretty cool. 

As for the other "figure" I collect (yes, I have three, too--must be something in the water), it's the different Batman figs.  Not the freaky weird ones from all the different lines, like super neon night vision cooling jet pack Batman or some crap like that, but just the basic "normal" Batman figs from the lines.  I guess you could say it's more than three, though, I guess.  I also get the basic Robins, Nightwings, and Azrael's that go with him, but that's it, I swear.  It's my wife's fault, really.  She collects the Batgirl, Huntress, and Black Canary figures, and since I already had a lot of the Batman figs in storage, I finally just took them all out of their boxes and set them out.  Seemed like a waste just having them all in storage.  I'm of that mindset now, that if I'm not going to set it out on display, then I should probably not waste the money on it if I'm just going to put it in a box somewhere in storage where I'm never going to enjoy it, you know?  Now I have to get rid of all those Star Wars and Star Trek figs I've been collecting since they first started coming out again.  Man, that was a pain in the butt to catalog and photograph for eBay.  Didn't realize just how many there were, until they were all piled up and sorted out.  What a pain.  Do yourself a favor kids, don't buy stuff just to put it in storage.  It's a pain to sort it all out later on when you want to get rid of it.

tongue

Masterchief wrote:

A weeping angel is a monster from Doctor Who. lol, no worries, here.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/gallery/ … mepage.jpg

That had to be my favorite episode from that season.  What a creepy episode.  If that doesn't disturb you being in a cemetery now, I don't know what does.  Did you get the two different variants of the Weeping Angels?  I told my wife we were going to get the "scary" version, the Screaming Angel, and set it on the top of her computer, just to freak her out.

big_smile

http://images.forbiddenplanet.com/image/detail/1490978.jpg
http://images.play.com/covers/3514416x.jpg

lol! i have the one with the face covered!

To Sadriel - i bet she was really P***** off with you afterwards! tongue big_smile

the episode was really scary. like when sally sparrow walked away, and then the weeping angel's face became covered to seen. Poor Kathy! tongue

That was a pretty good scene.

So, to get a little back on topic, does anyone else collect anything else besides just Fett stuff.  If so, what?  And why?

I collect pencils. ( ashamed ) I dont know why? It's just, pencils are....................pretty.......cool....to...me. neutral wink

Star Wars is my first love but I also collect Nightmare Before Christmas stuff. Not so much figures but posters, stickers, things for your phone. I have a sick wallet and my toilet seat cover and mat are both covered in pictures of Jack Skellington's skull in different emotions. I also have a great collection of letter sets and other useless stuff that is in a box at home!

" Hi!"

I feel like there was a topic on general collecting before... because I know I collect tons of various things. Vinyl records, milk glass and other glass wares, books, dressers tongue, All things Star Wars, guitars, Indy 500 memorablila, and Titanic (the ship not just the movie) stuff. I think i am a natural born collector. ( Or horder of stuff).

Used to have so many of the old figures. I don't even know where they would be now.

cough* pencils * cough! I cant believe it! tongue I am a moron! wink

peter wrote:

Star Wars is my first love but I also collect Nightmare Before Christmas stuff. Not so much figures but posters, stickers, things for your phone. I have a sick wallet and my toilet seat cover and mat are both covered in pictures of Jack Skellington's skull in different emotions. I also have a great collection of letter sets and other useless stuff that is in a box at home!

Right on, dude.  I've been collecting the different versions of Jack figures from the regular figure series.  I think my fav, though, is the Pirate Jack figure from his cameo in James and the Giant Peach.  I believe it was a Comic-Con exclusive one year.  Had to get one of my wife's friends to grab it for me, since we didn't make it out that year.  They had a Vampire Jack Comic Con version at the NECA booth last year at the Con.  Didn't even know about it until the last day.  Thankfully, they still had plenty for sale at the NECA booth.  I really wish they'd put out all the different exclusives in the Comic Con brochure.  There's so much stuff that you don't hear about until afterwards.  I was looking for something on eBay for a Comic Con exclusive fig from last year, and man, you should have seen all the stuff that popped up that I hadn't even heard about, and we were at the Con.  Oh well.  Anyways, only a few of them out, though, thank God, so they don't take up a lot of space.  Just five or six of them out (from the NECA series, that is).

lol, Thank god! for Roald Dahl! I have nearly all his childrens books...