Topic: Videogames in 50 years.

Sometimes I wonder,how will games be in about 50 years from now?I imagine my children playing with a PlayStation 48 or something...LOL.But seriously,maybe by that time you could be in the game.Wear a mask and gloves and suddenly be in the Star Wars universe as Boba Fett!Really cool,huh? wink

{MW}DMC

"Your passions give you strength, and through strength you gain power. You have seen it, you feel it. You must break your chains."

Re: Videogames in 50 years.

That sounds AWESOME!!! Thats how I picture it, except when you put the helmet and gloves on, the technology would be less advanced. But I vision it very simular to you DMC. Im afraid that in 50 years, Star Wars will be nothing but ancient history. hmm sad What do you think?

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

That doesn't depend on us,but GL.If GL decides to continue SW through his children(he won't live until then)then SW will still RULE!

"Your passions give you strength, and through strength you gain power. You have seen it, you feel it. You must break your chains."

4 (edited by Miba Sunday, June 25, 2006 7:23 pm)

SW will live on through the fans. We don't need new movies and tv shows. Give us a few books, some comics, a game or two... Just do it every so often and SW will live forever.

But, yes, it'll be very interesting to see what video games are like in years to come. ...and to think I started out on an Atari 2600. tongue

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Our grandchildren will look upon our gaming computers and consoles with a mixture of disgust and extreme pity, wondering how their forefathers ever survived without Virtual Reality chips implanted in their skulls for a completely immersive gaming experience.

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

I'm not a big video game player but, Full Emersion RPGs would be kind of nice. Like .hack//SIGN but without the "lost in a video game with no way to get out" part.

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

I am sure that you will think of me as quite nihilistic, but I think that we will all be dead in fifty years.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

That, or Raptured into Glorious Eternity.  tongue
Hack//SIGN?  I seriously hope it doesn't get that bad...people will have no obligation to live their normal lives if virtual lives are more entertaining...I see millions of gamers jacked into a gaming Matrix 24/7, with robots to maintain their physical bodies and run society...we all know how that would turn out. wink

-Captian Murphy

It was a thought, from one angle I'm sure people would enjoy it and it life as we know it would go to pot but there would probably be a server issue. No matter how many people it can hold it has to fill up sometime. Knock offs and connection speed issues. No matter how advanced VGs get the internet will always be slow.

I'll abdicate at the drop of a hat
(BFFC Moderator)

I'm not sure about 50 years, but some years from now (10, maybe 20) our brainwaves may influence how a game might work. Like being too worked up will make it harder to steer in a racing game. Or if its fined tuned enough, we might find ourselves using REAL Jedi Mind Tricks inside a game!

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

It would be just so cool!Do you think that PlayStation,X-box and nintendo will still be there?My opinion is yes,but with different names.I mean,imagine:Playstation 50 or somthing! LOL big_smile

naw, I think that they'll go all the way up to PS20, and then go to numerals or something. Like, PSI, PSII, PSIII, PSIV, PSV, and so forth...

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Well,yeah that's an option too...But maybe Sony just change the name...Like Microsoft who changed X-box to X-box 360.

...They only did that because the PS3 was coming out, and an XBOX 2 would have sounded less-advanced.  Of course, now their next iteriations will have to be X-Box 720, then 1080, and so on. 

Maltese Kentaiba wrote:

It was a thought, from one angle I'm sure people would enjoy it and it life as we know it would go to pot but there would probably be a server issue. No matter how many people it can hold it has to fill up sometime. Knock offs and connection speed issues. No matter how advanced VGs get the internet will always be slow.

I would bet that 50 years from now, the internet would be pingless, and wireless worldwide.  Of course there would be technical issues...and haxxors.  tongue  Just imagine some n00b speed-hacking in a lifelike game of Counter-Strike...

-Captian Murphy

Wow,I don't want to imagine that....a world-wide mess.

Nintendo will definitly be around in 50 years. They are the video game KING. Despite what every silly rumour says they aren't going out of bussiness.

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

Have any of you seen the film eXistenz? It's about virtual reality games... It's great, but also kinda sick and disturbing lol. Anyway that's also how I see the future of video games. Sick and disturbing hehehe

[url=http://daennika.deviantart.com]Fan art[/url]

I saw a movie once, I think it was called Brainscan. It was a movie about virtual reality. I thought it was cool!! hehe, it even had a SW reference or two. I have no idea when it came out though. I've never heard of eXistenz, but maybe I'll look it up on imdb later.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Darth Maul Clone wrote:

Well,yeah that's an option too...But maybe Sony just change the name...Like Microsoft who changed X-box to X-box 360.

Yah, i agree I wouldn't want a game system called ps20 It's just too boring...

Anyways what game systems do you guys plan on getting

PS3

Nintendo Wii

Xbox 360??

None!  I'm a PC gamer! tongue

-Captian Murphy

in 50 years, there will be Halo 25.
lol

{MW}--[color=#FF0000]"Death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]
"I wonder what the weather is like on Kamino right now?" Delta 62, Scorch.

I am going to get the Wii.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

They say that the Wii will not concentrate on graphics but on gameplay.I have an X-box360 and I will buy PS3 when it comes out.Halo 25....Imagine graphics...But Halo 3 will be the last one....

Surprised nobody has mentioned Tron yet. I think it would be awesome to throw a virtual frisbee at somebody and have it slice them in half =P . I can't even imagine 50 years from now, if they could go from atari to what halo 3 is gunna be like (and the amazing concept of the Wii) in less than 30 years, i have no clue to what the future holds...

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Yeah...but we can still continue to make speculations....