Re: Delta-Squad (The Republic Commandos) vs. Boba Fett

IG-88 wrote:

Plus do you think Delta squad could have a chance of beating Darth Vader?

If Fett could do it, I am suere that they could.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

I think fett would have a better chance againt Vader than The Deltas. Only because his underhanded tactics would fair better than straight blasters and rockets. I don't feel like arguing this one so please don't ask why, just a thought I had.

And After careful consideration of many different strategies, styles, and attacks I submit that Boba would have a very hard time against Delta squad. But I still imagine with a proper plan and preperation he could defeat the team. But if ambushed by them, no chance in hell he could defeat them, escape would be his only option. Head to head no prep, just meet and fight... I say best battle ever, Delta loses 2 men but take Boba down.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Well Fett could probably recognise when Vader was gonna start throwing the force around. Whereas the Deltas might not realise it until they were being pounded with rocks.

Also I agree with your considerations into an all-out battle. I think that the Deltas would win, but I think it is very reasonable to assume the Delats would lose at least one man if they're lucky, probably more.

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

I would expect atleast 2 dead maybe 1 of the last 2 with a scraped knee lol.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

What happened to the good old Force choke.  My money would be on Vader.

Same here but everyone else thinks otherwise.

I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

I had written about that previosuly, but I couldn't figure out why Vader wouldn't use that on Boba, so I changed my post to "Maybe?"

Besides its not like the Deltas are lightsaber proof or anything.

I just got to thinking about it but if one of the Delta's could pop off an EMP grenade would that cause Vader's life support to shut down, giving them the advantage again?

If all you had to do was use an emp grenade or an ion cannon on him surley Vader would be easy to kill but i reckon his armour is probably protected against it

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe Vader's armor protects his life support against Emps and ion attacks...

It just wouldn't make sense to leave such an open disadvantage.

Hail to the King Baby!!

The difference between and EMP killing him and Sith Lightning killing him....

Well my theory is that Lightning or electrical justice have an essence of Shatterpoint in them, and when it comes into contact with someone it finds a weakness and exploits it. Thus Vader did not stand a chance against force lightning, but would stand a chance againts the (as Obi-Wan would say) far more uncivilised workings of an EMP grenade.

To retort against obi-wan,
Han: "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side."

Hail to the King Baby!!

To retort against Mandalore The Indomitable,
Little Yellow Box: Technology, No matter how deadly, is no match for the power of the Force

Delta Squad.  the would just kep reviving each other.

Karson Fett wrote:

Delta Squad.  the would just kep reviving each other.

Seriously?? Because I hadn't thought of that... maybe because when somebody dies... they DIE. Just because in the RC video game they revive eachother left and right, doesn't mean they can do it when 1 gets his head blown off. It was necessary for game play purposes. That's like saying, Yoda could lose to an imperial scout because i saw it happen on Battle Front 2.

Hail to the King Baby!!

Thats true

I think that boba would go down. he is pure jango,but the clones are enhanced,and were traind by jango and a array of other mercenarys

Hello new guy welcome to bffc boards!