Topic: [NEWS] Celebration Anaheim: Recap

Source: BFFC

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

2 (edited by quinncrain64 Wednesday, April 22, 2015 10:50 pm)

Re: [NEWS] Celebration Anaheim: Recap

I've been thinking... with Pablo's words of "Boba Fett is both simultaneously alive and dead in the Sarlaac Pit until a story pulls him out" it would be unreasonable to assume that they will not touch up upon him In the future. That said, this has been a sore topic for us Fett fans ever since he first made his tumble into the pit... and while I'm sure the story group is aware of this,  perhaps we should still make our voices heard. George Lucas has always considered Boba Fett dead, and when he finally started to relent those sentiments, his word was taken away. Now, Boba Fett is in limbo... we are closer now than ever to an official ruling on his status as a survivor (well, assuming that you only took the EU with a grain of salt, as well as George's constantly shifting mind), it may very well be up to us to decide that he does indeed survive.

quinncrain64 wrote:

I've been thinking... with Pablo's words of "Boba Fett is both simultaneously alive and dead in the Sarlaac Pit until a story pulls him out" it would be unreasonable to assume that they will not touch up upon him In the future. That said, this has been a sore topic for us Fett fans ever since he first made his tumble into the pit... and while I'm sure the story group is aware of this,  perhaps we should still make our voices heard. George Lucas has always considered Boba Fett dead, and when he finally started to relent those sentiments, his word was taken away. Now, Boba Fett is in limbo... we are closer now than ever to an official ruling on his status as a survivor (well, assuming that you only took the EU with a grain of salt, as well as George's constantly shifting mind), it may very well be up to us to decide that he does indeed survive.

quinncrain64, great points!

We've tracked down Lucas' dead/alive comments and they've definitely all shifted to the "alive" column. See http://bobafettfanclub.com/fettpedia/Sarlacc and http://bobafettfanclub.com/fettpedia/George_Lucas

Fingers crossed to get out of limbo in no time.

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

4 (edited by quinncrain64 Tuesday, May 19, 2015 10:53 am)

@BFFC Admin

Fingers crossed indeed! With news from Kathleen Kennedy, and a little Boba redemption in tomorrow's new comic, I am very excited to see what they cook up for our favorite bounty hunter! As evidenced from the preview we were given of the upcoming comics, they are bringing Boba Fett back to his roots as a cold, ruthless and terrifying version of Clint Eastwood's "Man With No Name," who relentlessly tracks his prey... no matter the cost. Boba Fett is pretty much like the "Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" rolled into one man encased in an armored spacesuit, and I love it!!

And it certainly did NOT disappoint! Hot damn, if anyone hasn't read issue #5 of the new Marvel Star Wars, do it... as a Fett fan, you will not regret it! It was one of the most brutal depictions of Boba Fett to date; they really do have him as a high priority, it seems...