76 (edited by TheGunslinger Tuesday, May 23, 2006 5:41 pm)

Re: Is evolution real? Is evolution true?

MandalorianSpy9 wrote:

Belief in Creation and God gives me a great pupose in life. I ask those who have grown up with evolution....what is your purpose in life? Why do you continue to live and breath...when you die you lose it all, why look to gain more?

Since when does believing in evolution make one an atheist?

I absolutely see what you're saying about the wonder of life. I do that sometimes too, just look around at everything and think "there's no way this is an accident". That's why I absolutely believe in intelligent design- through evolution.

In my experience, God doesn't work with fireworks and pizzazz. I'm a major science geek, and when you look at all the rules that govern the world we live in, the way everything works just like clockwork, everything interacting and doing its part to bring together all parts of life, it's just beautiful. Beautiful in its perfection, its subtlety, everything.

So why should creation be any different? Why can't it be that God created the rules for evolution that then brought about everything as we know it? That's the way I see it- just another rule of the natural world, like gravity or mitosis, that has been created and acts seemingly autonomously in the great puzzle of life. A sudden massive creation just doesn't seem like His style, looking around at the world today.

So I think creation was achieved through evolution, and that God undoubtedly engineered the whole process Himself. Being an evolutionist doesn't make me an atheist.

GPI: Fondly regard crustacean

Re: Is evolution real? Is evolution true?

Daenna wrote:

You should really informed yourself from more official sources (the library? internet?), and study biology a bit more before saying it's all "speculations". OF COURSE nobody was there to witness the birth of our planet. Maybe if you'd pay more attention in class you would know? I dont know which grade you're in so don't take any offense. But all of the questions you asked have answers.... no scientist would dare claim anything before having gathered all the necessary evidence. If science was as amateurish as you think it is, we wouldn't be able to send people on the moon or cure cancer.

I'm really, really tempted to stop posting cause I get the feeling that people here are only half-interested in the answers they request sad

I must admit that I don’t normally respond to forums.  However, I have never appreciated when one person makes another feel “stupid” or “inattentive”- therefore, I cannot resist responding to this one.  First I must address this comment:

“You should really informed yourself from more official sources (the library? internet?), and study biology a bit more before saying it's all "speculations". OF COURSE nobody was there to witness the birth of our planet. Maybe if you'd pay more attention in class you would know? I dont know which grade you're in so don't take any offense.

Actually, I thought the question was quite interesting seeing that science proves theories based on facts.  Transitory fossils are highly questionable in science academia.  Even within the scientific community, there is disagreement and dialogue.  So the question is not stupid.  The last time that I looked both in the library and internet, and yes, even in biology classroom, there continues to be lively debate concerning evolution. 

Next in line is the statement: 

“But all of the questions you asked have answers.... no scientist would dare claim anything before having gathered all the necessary evidence.”

This is quite a naïve statement to make indeed.  For one, you have evolutionary scientist making one claim and you have creation or intelligent design scientist making another claim.  All have “evidence” to support their arguments.  Bottomline; regardless if you are an evolutionist or a creationist or intelligent design, you will base your position on belief/faith (knowing (fact and speculation), assenting, and trusting).

Finally, I will address the following comment:

“If science was as amateurish as you think it is, we wouldn't be able to send people on the moon or cure cancer.”

I am assuming that this comment was made in reference to the rc3222’s comment:
“But most of Evolution is just speculation, right?”

I did not read rc3222 commenting that science was amateurish.  The comment made was that evolution was speculation.  Science involves asking questions and finding answers.  Thus, we send men to the moon and we find cures.  But we don’t have all the answers (ie people are still dying of cancer).  Evolution is still a theory in the world of science.  Actually rc3222 correctly defined “theory.”

Main Entry: the•o•ry 
Pronunciation: 'thE-&-rE, 'thi(-&)r-E
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -ries
Etymology: Late Latin theoria, from Greek theOria, from theOrein
1 : the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another
2 : abstract thought : SPECULATION
3 : the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an art <music theory>

Evolution will always be a theory in the scientific community for it defies logic “For every effect, there is a cause.”  Evolutionist have failed to define and/or factually address origin.  Where did the first cell or the first matter come from?   One must either affirm eternal or self-existing matter (evolution) or eternal, self-existing God (creation) or an  eternal higher being (intelligent design).  Thus pertaining to existence, one will ultimately base their position on the most reasonable explanation as science (evolution or creation or intelligent design) will never be able to prove by scientific “fact” alone the question of origin (at least in this world as we know it).

Re: Is evolution real? Is evolution true?

Daenna wrote:

You fear to be alone in your situation, that's why you provoke people into "hating" you instead of ignoring you.

I did not provoke anyone.  I sat quietly in my seat while listening to my class talk about the evil, ignorant Christians who are apparently conspiring to take over the world, until it got to the point where I needed to speak up.  I am a very shy, nonconfrontational person, and if you knew me you would never suggest that I would provoke anyone about anything.

I respect people's spiritual choices as long as it stays an individual perpective for them... and not an opportunity to set themselves above the others on the intellectual level.

If by claiming to be open-minded, I gave you the impression that I was set myself above others intellectually, then I apologize.  Proving myself anyone's superior is not my intention.  All I want is to be treated with respect, not be accused of being close-minded, and not be told that I am uneducated.  My college major is Anthropology (aka Human Evolution), so it's not as if I haven't given a great deal of thought to this.  Not to say that you are wrong in believing it.  I have no problem with any belief system.  I have a problem with people telling me my own opinion is ignorant, dangerous, evil, etc.

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

Re: Is evolution real? Is evolution true?

i agree with you on alot k1banjo......but there is no need for anyone gettin up tight on anything. Let's try to keep it on low tone conversation...so nobody will be offended and also this thread get frozen.   Thanx for you co-operation.... smile    and welcome to the boards!

                                                                       {MW} MS9

[b]{MW}-[color=red]"Death and Destruction to Our Enemies"[/color][/b] 
[i] "I love that crunchy sound they make when they die."  &#8213;RC-1207 (Sev), killing Geonosian [/i]

Re: Is evolution real? Is evolution true?

TheGunslinger wrote:

Being an evolutionist doesn't make me an atheist.

Spot on. Creation of the world is a "non-essential" (not necessary for salvation).

Anywho, Banjo, you are SO eloquent with your words! You just wrote my whole thought process down. wink

On a side note.... What kind of music do you play? Old time?

"Whoever is a highly evolved, super-genius raise your hand."  *raises hand*   "Oh."     
-----[color=#FF0000]Rodney McKay[/color]

Re: Is evolution real? Is evolution true?

MandalorianSpy9 wrote:

i agree with you on alot k1banjo......but there is no need for anyone gettin up tight on anything. Let's try to keep it on low tone conversation...so nobody will be offended and also this thread get frozen.   Thanx for you co-operation.... smile    and welcome to the boards!

                                                                       {MW} MS9

Sir MandalorianSpy9, I humbly concur with your assessment.  In fact, I owe Daenna a very sincere apology as I did exactly what I stated an opposition too.  Thanks for the welcome and the lively dialogue.

Re: Is evolution real? Is evolution true?

k1banjo wrote:

Sir MandalorianSpy9, I humbly concur with your assessment.  In fact, I owe Daenna a very sincere apology as I did exactly what I stated an opposition too.  Thanks for the welcome and the lively dialogue.

That's fine smile I didn't take any offense from your post and I don't believe you need my reply to it. I made myself look like a fool to begin with because I wanted so bad that people understand my point of view. In a way I've bottled in a lot of bitterness against people on other forums who usually troll around messing with other people's minds... Fighting against that is just playing the game actually sad

But I won't keep discussing this topic anymore. It's ok to disagree to some point, but I find that when there isn't much to concur about with the majority, there's no need for me to hang around. That's how sociability works anyway.... I reek of agnostism tongue and I hold a lot of grudges against the christianoid institutions. So I won't mind your reactions anymore, I'll just focus on the more starwarsy things in this message board wink

[url=http://daennika.deviantart.com]Fan art[/url]

Re: Is evolution real? Is evolution true?

RC-3222 wrote:
TheGunslinger wrote:

Being an evolutionist doesn't make me an atheist.

Spot on. Creation of the world is a "non-essential" (not necessary for salvation).

Anywho, Banjo, you are SO eloquent with your words! You just wrote my whole thought process down. wink

On a side note.... What kind of music do you play? Old time?

RC, thanks for the compliment, but I find that my words are spoken (or written) much too quickly - kinda like Fi, if you know what I mean.  OLD Time - New Time?!?!?!? Actually a banjo is quite a versatile instrument as it as been known to clear a room much quicker than any Commando  weapon.  BTW, nice photo.  He looks mean.  Does he bite?

Re: Is evolution real? Is evolution true?

Daenna wrote:
k1banjo wrote:

Sir MandalorianSpy9, I humbly concur with your assessment.  In fact, I owe Daenna a very sincere apology as I did exactly what I stated an opposition too.  Thanks for the welcome and the lively dialogue.

That's fine smile I didn't take any offense from your post and I don't believe you need my reply to it. I made myself look like a fool to begin with because I wanted so bad that people understand my point of view. In a way I've bottled in a lot of bitterness against people on other forums who usually troll around messing with other people's minds... Fighting against that is just playing the game actually sad

But I won't keep discussing this topic anymore. It's ok to disagree to some point, but I find that when there isn't much to concur about with the majority, there's no need for me to hang around. That's how sociability works anyway.... I reek of agnostism tongue and I hold a lot of grudges against the christianoid institutions. So I won't mind your reactions anymore, I'll just focus on the more starwarsy things in this message board wink

Daenna, thank you for accepting my apology.  I did not view you as a fool, but as one that is passionate about your position.  It DOES hurt to be misunderstood.  Your point of view is important because you are important.  What one believes greatly affects the quality of their life in this present age and comes with consequences (positive and negative).  Therefore, no one's belief system should be taken lightly or the subject of humiliation.  I think that in our passion for truth, we can be overzealous and end up inadvertently hurting people; thus, casting a shadow on the very truth that is so dear to us.

Re: Is evolution real? Is evolution true?

k1banjo wrote:

Actually a banjo is quite a versatile instrument as it as been known to clear a room much quicker than any Commando  weapon.  BTW, nice photo.  He looks mean.  Does he bite?

Oh, I LIKE banjo music! And no, he, Tank, doesn't bite... He slobbers.

"Whoever is a highly evolved, super-genius raise your hand."  *raises hand*   "Oh."     
-----[color=#FF0000]Rodney McKay[/color]

Re: Is evolution real? Is evolution true?

Welcome to the boards k1banjo!! smile You have great opinions as I see. You certainly will be respected and welcome here. big_smile

                                                                     {MW} TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Re: Is evolution real? Is evolution true?

RC-3222 wrote:
k1banjo wrote:

Actually a banjo is quite a versatile instrument as it as been known to clear a room much quicker than any Commando  weapon.  BTW, nice photo.  He looks mean.  Does he bite?

Oh, I LIKE banjo music! And no, he, Tank, doesn't bite... He slobbers.

Slobbers..... I think that I would run if he was getting "tanked" up with a drink of water.

Re: Is evolution real? Is evolution true?

Has anyone ever watched the South Park theory on evolution? What Mr. Garrison talks about? I'm sure most people hate that show but... evolution is a silly theory to me. Just because some animals cross breed (weird) doesn't make it evolution hahahahahaha.

"Maybe I'd have grown up a nice guy if a Jedi hadn't cut my dad's head off in front of me."

89 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Monday, October 1, 2007 3:11 pm)

Re: Is evolution real? Is evolution true?

I think it is. Because some traits are inherited, then they get inherited again, and again, and so on. By then, theres a slight change in people. So, then, theve evolved. There ya have it. Evolution.

(BTW. I think (though it isnt any business of yours) That God makes things. Through evolution. take some genes here. add some there. and you got something new.)

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]