Topic: Bounty Hunters Quiz
Bounty Hunter freestyle morality quiz!
In this quiz, instead of simply giving you a few options to choose from, read the scenario and state what your trooper would do in that situation. Furthermore, state why your agent chose that course of action and where on the light/grey/dark spectrum you believe your decision resides.
Good luck, Bounty hunter. Show us what you're made of!
1) After turning in your freshest catch to your client, a much older and experienced bounty hunter meets you in the street and states boldly that he don't care for "wet-behind-the-ears upstarts" poaching on his territory. This planet being anyone's territory is news to you, but judging by the reactions of bystanders it might just be true. You also notice the old timer's hand slowly and subtly inching towards his gun as he demands a cut of the take from your hunt- an act that could permanently destroy any reputation that you've managed to build up. The old timer's hand is now resting on his gun and a crowd has formed around the two of you. What do you do?
Do you go for your blaster and hope to mow him down Wild Bill style? Do you to negotiate in hopes of convincing him that you simply didn't know or do you drag it out and try to move slowly to a more advantageous position? Do you simply hand over what he's demanding in an attempt to diffuse the situation? Do you try and get this old dog to mentor you and see what tricks of the trade he can teach you? How does your bounty hunter relate to others in a violent and uncertain profession?
2) You have been hired by an aging crimelord to capture the up and coming successor to a different crime family. You eliminate the young turk's guards with practiced ease and drag the sucessor to your ship in chains. Every step of the way the kid is shouting -not obsceneties, but accusations. He is declaring as loudly as possible that your client is setting you up. He states that the crimelord will kill him, and then kill you to "avenge" the sucessor's murder. He also states that he can match (-no, double! No, triple!) whatever the crimelord is currently paying you. As his accuasations and promises get more and more outlandish and unreasonable you fly within visual range of the dropoff. You also notice that the crimelord has brought an awful lot of guards and firepower for a simple pick-up. Make your move bounty hunter.
Do you drop the kid off as intended, positive that he's full of it and would say anything to save his skin? Do you call ahead and try to work things out with the client and determine the situation? Maybe you refuse to play the patsy and let the kid go. How far does your professional obligation as a bounty hunter extend?
3) You learn than an open bounty has been placed on an ex-partner of yours -who at your discretion you may have been romantically involved with. The two of you parted amicably.(Genuine "So long! Best of luck!" amicably, not "I only emptied HALF the clip in their general direction" amicably.) Your memories with this person while not warm and fuzzy are at least tepid and woolly. The bounty is quite sizable but quite likely to increase if they aren't found soon, and your former collegue is wanted dead or alive. Other hunters are getting the same message you are. Time to get a move on, hunter.
Do you use your experience working together to predict your ex collegue's tactics and bring them in before anyone else? If so will they still be breathing when it's over? Do you contact your friend and inform them of the situation to warn them about the bounty, and that this call might be the last favor you're willing to do for old time's sake? Do you try and protect your ex from all comers, hoping to work side-by side again?
4) A sith warrior has hired you to assist him in taking out a republic outpost. After forcing the garrison into surrender, the sith has started killing several of the prisoners as part of a dark side ritual. You recognize several of the prisoners slated for the sacrifice as having a sizable bounty on their heads, enough to keep you in business for a long time. Unfortunately these bounties are of the "alive or don't bother" variety. On the other hand it seems the sith need them for their own ends and trying to take them for yourself could damage your reputation with the empire as a whole. The sith warrior just carved up the equivalent of a new starship, and is about to sink his lightsaber into another. What do you do?
Do you try and put a stop to the ritual? If so is it because you need the cash or you find the idea of executing defenseless prisoners abhorrent? Do you negotiate and try to reason with the sith to possibly find a substitute? Maybe you sit back and do nothing, as it wouldn't be wise to annoy a well-paying client and an even worse idea to get between a sith and it's kill? What does your bounty hunter do when the bloodlust of the sith conflicts with your bottom line?
5) After paying a hefty sum (still a pittance compared to what your target is worth) to learn the location of a mark's safehouse you move into position, kick open the door and level your blaster at...nothing? The apartment is currently abandoned. After a quick search of the safehouse it appears that it hasn't been used for at least three months and you are unable to find any clues to where your prey moved to. After ransacking the apartment you start making your way back to your "oh-so-reliable" informant.
While you are most certainly going to demand your money back, what sort of shape is the weasel going to be in once you are done? Are you going to have to stuff what's left of them into a dumpster, or will you take the high road and leave without harming a hair on their head? Maybe you split the difference and let them know that double-crossing you in the future will cause you to shoot out their other kneecap? Maybe you don't even ask for your money back, but demand accurate intel this time- or else? Maybe you drop hints that screwing with you will not only land them in trouble with yourself, but certain hutts who employ you? How does your bounty hunter react to setbacks in a profession that demands nothing less than absolute relentlessness and unyielding tenacity?
No consequences here. What-if anything, won't your bounty hunter hunt for any price? "Innocents?" Women? Pregnant women? Children? Cute fuzzy animals? Endangered species? Your own grandmother? Inanimate objects? Clowns?
I seek to knowledge to share it.