Topic: Military Members

Alright I am still kindof a newbie here but I am military and I thought it would be kool to have a spot you can post up your branch and unit and say if your deployed or not.
I am just starting my second tour. The first was Iraq, but this one is supposed to be a bit different cause I am going to "The Graveyard of Empires". Yep, good old Afghanistan.
I am in the Army, and I am in 3rd Brigade 101st Airborne.
Any other military give me a shout out.

"Everyone dies. It is the final and only lasting justice."
―Boba Fett

2 (edited by Miba Saturday, February 6, 2010 5:18 am)

Re: Military Members

I know we have a thread for this already, but I can't seem to find it. hmm... For some reason I'm thinking it was in Dialogue? Don't know why it would be there, but that's what I think I remember.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

I thought we already had a thread for this, too.  Was it on the old boards, maybe?  I know usually we just mention if we're in the military on some of the threads.  Oh well. 

We do have quite a few of us in the military, though, Je'karta.  Some also in militaries other than the U.S. Armed Forces.  I'm actually in the Air Force and used to work on the Peacekeeper and the Minuteman 3 ICBM's.  I got sick of being in Wyoming the whole time (not a lot of places to go in ICBM maintenance) and cross-trained into Air Force Weather.  Currently stationed in Louisiana, working at the Weather HUB center here, doing Regional Manager duties for the southeast United States (pretty much all the old Confederate States are in our Area of Operation, with the exception of Virginia....they're assigned to the Weather HUB boys stationed out in St. Louis).  Currently on my way to Korea in a couple months for a 12-month long tour over there.  Should be different. 

One of my best friends was in the 82nd, then cross-trained into E.O.D. (bad back from jumping out of planes all the time) and he was over in Afghanistan for a while.  He came back with some interesting stories.  Keep your head down while you're over there, dude.  And good luck, ner vod. 

Oya!!!

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

11 HQ Battery, 16 Regiment Royal Artillery. Radio Operator. Going to Afghan in October.

5 (edited by Miba Saturday, February 6, 2010 6:45 pm)

I don't think it was on the old boards cause we changed to the new ones quite a while ago and I remember posting in the thread about my husband being ex-navy and I hadn't even met him till after these new boards were up. hmm... Well, I don't have a problem with this thread being open if we can't even remember if there was a thread for it before or not, lol.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Bravo7 wrote:

11 HQ Battery, 16 Regiment Royal Artillery. Radio Operator. Going to Afghan in October.

Welcom to the party my man. I will save some of the fight just for you. HOOAH

If someone finds out this thread was already started let me know. I tried to do a search for it but didnt find one so I just started this one.

―Boba Fett

I am not in any of the Military services. But I have a bunch of family in the Airforce. I really appreciate the armed forces. They risk their lives every day to make sure we are free. I for one would love to say thankyou to all of you and hope you come home soon. Be safe.

EEB- toor JAHT-nay toor ASH-ahd-KEE-ram-oor  - Today is a good day for someone else to die -

Master Fett wrote:

I am not in any of the Military services. But I have a bunch of family in the Airforce. I really appreciate the armed forces. They risk their lives every day to make sure we are free. I for one would love to say thankyou to all of you and hope you come home soon. Be safe.

We appreciate that. I wish some of the corporations I have been contacting felt the same way. Getting them to send us gear that we really need but cant get through supply is like pulling teeth from a Defel

―Boba Fett