Re: BFFC in 2010

I love the site, and the t-shirt idea sounds awesome!  I think we should do a chat thing where there is a certain time people could chat.  I always notice that every time I go to chat, no one is there.  Maybe we could find a time that people in all time zones could get together to chat?  Perhaps some contests as well?  Like best drawings, armor, fan stories.  I'm not sure what the winner would get but it sounded cool at the time.  Hmm... that's all I can think of for now but the site is amazing how it is.  I agree with previous posts about navigating back to message board though.

jet pack & rocket launcher-800 credits, mandolorian armor-5,000 credits, being the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy-priceless. brought to you by JediMaster Card

cloneapart wrote:

I love the site, and the t-shirt idea sounds awesome!

Fantastic! We're still working on ideas.

cloneapart wrote:

I think we should do a chat thing where there is a certain time people could chat.  I always notice that every time I go to chat, no one is there.  Maybe we could find a time that people in all time zones could get together to chat?

We can try. We'd love to have a host, who could commit to a time. I'll then promote it throughout the site in advance and during the scheduled chat time to help draw in chatters.

cloneapart wrote:

Perhaps some contests as well?  Like best drawings, armor, fan stories.  I'm not sure what the winner would get but it sounded cool at the time.  Hmm... that's all I can think of for now but the site is amazing how it is.

We've had contests in the past and will have more. We've given away statues, toys, and autographed posters.

cloneapart wrote:

I agree with previous posts about navigating back to message board though.

Any concerns? Or it's useful having the front page links, yes?

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

28 (edited by Ralin Drakus Wednesday, July 14, 2010 10:39 pm)

Ralin Drakus wrote:

yup, back in tha day...

As for updates/work, I don't know if it's my browser or what, but I have a hard time navigating back to the 'Message Boards' home page.  Say, like right now as I'm looking at this thread, I can scroll up and see the 'Message Boards' link with the others on the top left side of the windowhighlighted in yellow, but it's not letting me hit it so I can navigate back to it.  It's just dead when I try to click on it.  When I'm in the chat it's not even there, and when I try to hit 'Recent Posts' I'm sent to a page that says I've hit a bad link or something like that. 

Also, just as a side note, my karma thingy never got reactivated.  I see my old score in the top members board, but I can't give/take anybody else's karma and I can't find the option in my profile options to reactivate it.  Just a heads up in case any other members are having the same issue; I don't mind it either way

Thanks boss; now that I'm on high-speed I can really appreciate the hard work you put into this site - great work!

I think she meant my post here

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

29 (edited by Terra Friday, July 16, 2010 11:31 am)

Any ideas on what you would like on the tees? I could try and come up with a couple things if you guys want.

Btw, the Bf/Gf thread is behaving weirdly, like it has a couple empty pages at the end. The Avatar Request thread has the same problem... Is it something I did?? tongue

Cast iron and treadmills? Oh yes. Still sculpting me to what I really want to be, and I love it. :)

30 (edited by Fett_II Saturday, July 17, 2010 12:12 am)

no i have it too. but i have an idea for a t-shirt. you'll have to excuse the lack of talent, i just made this five minutes ago.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4613/25848069.jpg

something basic like that would probably sell well. the line underneath the letters is "No good to us dead." anything here can be improved, as like i said i just did this a few minutes ago. i wasn't sure if to make the C either white or green, but i don't have a green pen anywhere around me so i left it blank for now.

Wish I could see what you did. Your link seems broken.

Cast iron and treadmills? Oh yes. Still sculpting me to what I really want to be, and I love it. :)

It's up now.

Great idea, hopefully it wouldn't infringe on Lucas's rights by using the Mando helmet.  If it did, maybe a stylized fan-made version?  Or maybe just the T-visor emblazened across the entire front of the shirt with BFFC embossed over it?  Food for thought

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

I once made T-shirts for the band KISS... here's some model t-shirts that were provided by DBH for it, maybe it could help us create ours. The tees here are white. Will give us a better idea of what it looks like on someone, just gotta change the color of the shirt and stick our design on it in Photoshop or something.

Man front
Man side
Man back
Woman front
Woman side
Woman back

Look, there is a topic for this! Lets continue our discussion here. Seriously, yall should take a look at this thread.

35 (edited by Terra Monday, July 19, 2010 4:10 am)

Well, the admin himself started this thread. I think he wanted all update questions for 2010 together instead of having to look each topic up.

(sorry about my previous opening "lol" here, I wasn't laughing at you, Karson. just trying to be friendly/funny)

Karson posted a link to the Official T-Shirt design thread.  That probably is a more ontopic place then here for suggestions on tshirts.  This thread was started to about talk about the site in and of it's self.

Either probably works, but over there we can see ideas that were suggested in the past as well as more recent ideas

37 (edited by Terra Monday, July 19, 2010 3:48 am)

True. You got a point.

But then maybe we also have older topics about contests and other ideas for the site too? Might have a couple hidden treasures in there, too?

As for here, buttons not working, slight problems, t-shirts, contests, and a few other details. People don't seem to find much to ask for. Must mean the website's pretty good the way it is. smile

Personally, I always thought it was pretty open, friendly and very easy to navigate. Cool colors, not too flashy, not tiring. No frenetic animations that get on the nerves. One click gets us where we want to go. It's just fine, Aaron. Some neat, well-organized work.

I think it would indeed be worth having t-shirts and other modes of advertisement though. Not in a mean to be commercial or anything, just to spread the word about a place we like to belong to. I'd be proud to wear something about this place, myself. smile

There could be girl/woman t-shirts too. With a different neckline (guys t-shirts are just NOT for us, lol), something cute. And with maybe the skull as drawn by Cujo in "rhinestones" or something, (with his consent of course! tongue) on a black or dark grey shirt, colors similar to what we got here. And maybe something more "guy" for the regular ones, where we could rather use the dark red/black part of the color scheme, with maybe something grey printed on the front, or even the side. This place is very "text", and typographic textures are "in" lately for t-shirt designs. Maybe we could use parts of actual posts as texture on the t-shirts, lol.

Just suggestions. Ladies, please don't shoot me about the "rhinestones" if you don't like the idea, lol.

Now, what about metal pins, too? Something small enough to cost nearly nothing. Mousepads? I am trying to think of things we guys/girls can use as we're over here. Desktop themes? Screensavers? Icons/cursors?

If anyone wants me to rather pursue the t-shirt topic on the other thread, please tell, I don't mind using either topics, just thought I'd continue here since this one is "alive".

Just copy and paste!

Hey Admin, could you center up the titles underneath our avatars?

Fett_II, awesome!

Ralin, you're correct. We need an original derivative.

Terra, we'd love to do the t-shirts. Maybe we'll do print-on-demand at a quality vendor that offers men's and women's cuts.

Karson, lots to do to kick the message board theme back into line since we upgraded the board application. I don't know about centering, but that column definitely needs some tweaks when I have a minute.

smile

How's everything else looking, members of BFFC?

Founder/Editor, BFFC
aaron@bobafettfanclub.com