Re: Happy Halloween!

Count Chocula he was my hero, but then again i was a little fatty for Franken Berry

[b]Void fighter[/b]

On the subject of monster cereal, has anyone seen the Robot Chicken bit where the Creature from the Black Lagoon see's all the monster cereal and gets jealous because he doesn't have his own cereal line and therefore creates his own?

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

Admiral Ackbar cereal would make a good Halloween cereal.

Fett_II wrote:

lol. What flavor would that be?

[url=http://www.lithdesigns.com]LD[/url] / [email=billielith@hotmail.com]E-[/email]

Fett_II wrote:

I think it would be a big mistakie. smile

Cin Vhetin wrote:

lol. What flavor would that be?

It'd be the NEW! rotting shrimp flavor. But don't forget to tear apart the box for the PRIZE INSIDE! Instead of those cheap little codes they print inside the box for you to use online, y'know?

On that note, you know what I always hated about going to fast food places in October as a kid? The prize, which was always this tiny *** pail your food would come in. And the idea behind that pail would be "well its to carry your candy in!", but you know what? Anyone above the age of 2 would just get beat up for having such a lame, little thing to put candy in.

I agree, lol. Even the plastic pumpkin wasn't enough back when I was a kid. We'd trick or treat so much, my bro and I, and our friends, that we'd end up with garbage bags full!
tongue

Nowadays though, there's not as many people celebrating it and offering candy at their houses. And it's earlier too, and much shorter. I remember trick or treating for hours. Now it's like between 6 and 7 O'Clock. So sometimes it's not even dark outside. Trick or treating in the dark was part of the fun!

I miss that time. I'll have to go again when my little one is big enough to do it without being terrified, lol.

[url=http://www.lithdesigns.com]LD[/url] / [email=billielith@hotmail.com]E-[/email]

halloween's a saturday this year, so i'll definitely be doing stuff all night long.

34 (edited by Cin Vhetin Friday, October 16, 2009 8:35 pm)

Sounds great. Good idea.

It's fun to break the ordinary and do stuff until really late when you're not forced to wake up early the next day.
big_smile

The frost killed a lot of pumpkins, our store lost 300 dollars worth. The produce guys were hauling them back to throw them away by the cartload. I do hope there's some good ones left, I like carving pumpkins.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Good thing I don't have to worry about that here, we've only come close to freezing once this fall. Forecasts call for it to be 100 today, actually.

I still have no idea what I'm going to carve. I want it to be at least somewhat relevent for the kids to get, so my sister won't complain about me carving pumpkins no one else "gets". >.>;

Miba wrote:

The frost killed a lot of pumpkins, our store lost 300 dollars worth. The produce guys were hauling them back to throw them away by the cartload. I do hope there's some good ones left, I like carving pumpkins.

Oh no! I hope it didn't do that here too. I was planning on having a dozen of them of all sizes, carved and lit, in a corner, for our Halloween Party.

38 (edited by Miba Saturday, October 17, 2009 1:10 pm)

The ones that were kept inside are still good. I dunno about your area or stores, but our store had an inside display. And I think some of the ones that were on the bottom/in the middle of the outside displays might still be good. Our produce manager didn't say they lost ALL the pumpkins, just a lot. Just to be sure though I'd buy them as soon as possible. I'm going to be looking for some next week, probably Monday.

39 (edited by Cin Vhetin Saturday, October 17, 2009 2:13 pm)

Ah ok. My friends are each supposed to bring one, so I'll ask them to try to get them as early as they can. I get my first pay this week (new job), so I'll go check for my own pumpkins then. There's a little French bakery near my home too, they make the most awesome pumpkin pie. Probably awesome because filled with butter and sugar (and calories, awww), but it's sooooo good.

I never liked pumpkin pie. I mean I'll eat it if someone puts it on the table, but I don't really like it very much. Not unless it's still moist and there's a lot of cool whip, which is odd since I normally don't like cool whip. But it just seems to go with pumpkin pie.

Speaking of pumpkins, anyone like the pumpkin spice egg nog? It tends to grow on you after a while. It's alright, but the regular is better, and we sell more too. We sell regular about 4-1 against the pumpkin spice.

Around here we always buy one for Thanksgiving but really, no one ever hardly eats it. Everyone only has one slice and thats it (minus me, I really don't like the stuff). Its a big waste of money, but if we don't have it my sister will totally flip out and not even eat dinner with us.

CeciliaCrimsondragonFett wrote:

Ooh I know what you could do! You could be a MELTING FACE NAZI. Well, I think that'd be awesome anyways.

Quick poll everyone; has anyone ever gotten those orange and black caramel with peanut butter candy on Halloween, and if so, do you like them? Call me crazy, but I, in fact, like those things.

Those totally rock and are yet one more thing that we don't get here in Japan! Halloween used to be my #1 favorite "holiday" but living here it just doesn't do it for me... actually most of the holidays stink here sad

"D'oh!"
[url=http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/multimedia/galleries/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=1624]My Fan Art[/url]

It'd be pretty lame not to celebrate Halloween, so I feel for ya. Unfortunitly though, even here in the states Halloween is dissapearing. Ever since 9-11 theres been a steep decline of trick or treaters around here because its too "dangerous". 'Cause you know, the terrorists are going to start attacking residential areas next. @_@;

So these days parents just take their kids to parties, where I dunno if candy is even given out. If it is, it takes the fun out of going around to different places to get a large variety.

I must admit, up until a couple years ago when I still went out (in costume of course!) and begged for candy I always could make it last until Thanksgiving. I basically would ration it to myself on a day by day basis, which allowed me to get a candy fix, but not eat it all at once. Or get sick from it. XD

Last thing, out of curiousity, has anyone ever gotten an infamous lame treat? I actually have...a religious pamphlete. It was along the lines about how celebrating Halloween will make me go to Hell and I should instead go to church on Halloween and pray. I never got a can of tuna though, thankfully.

A sandwich. Most of our neighbors were also relatives. Our Aunt would make us come in and sit down and eat a sandwich. I guess that isn't a bad treat, but we were dying to be out Trick or Treating. We were not smart enough to skip her house. smile

pennies.

and yeah trick-or-treating has lost its effect, last year almost everyone in the neighborhood went by car. it wasn't even that cold out.

46 (edited by Cin Vhetin Sunday, October 18, 2009 12:58 pm)

Trick or treating by car? Now that's different indeed... I really prefer to go by foot. It's too fun to see groups of people in different costumes, lol.

For bad surprises at Halloween I remember one year, I went trick or treating. I had braces and decided to try a toffee... The toffee stuck to my braces, broke part of them and the brace part cut my gum and was just planted there in my gum. Had to go to the dentist the next day to fix that.

That hurt bad. It was the last time I had braces or toffees, lol.
tongue

i still went trick or treating with braces, but i managed to evade that scenario when eating stickier candies.

48 (edited by Miba Sunday, October 18, 2009 3:20 pm)

We went trick-or-treating lots and there were always lots of other people too. As far as I know there's been no decline. But then I haven't gone in about 5-6 years. I know the mall has a big thing where there's a line and the kids go store to store to get candy. I don't know if there's still a lot of trick-or-treating going around now though, I live kinda separate from a lot of other neighborhoods and the only kids we got last year were the neighbor kids. But they probably all go to the bigger neighborhoods. We did that, we'd go to the rich side of town.

I have a ton of siblings so after we were done trick-or-treating we'd lay out our candy and inventory it, then we'd trade. Of course the reeses and hersheys were always worth a lot. They were worth at least two or three sticks of gum or hard candies. Trading was fun. One of my brothers doesn't like chocolate so he'd trade them off for suckers and stuff.

I always hated that no one ever gave out lots of chocolate. It was all stupid stuff like toffee, hard candy, suckers, popcorn balls, gum. Hardly anyone ever gave out reeses or hersheys and those that did were my favorite people. So I decided that I would always be one of the good people and give out chocolate. I give out snickers, peanut butter cups, hersheys bars, butterfingers, crunch bars, etc.

I also loved the houses that really got into it. Set up the yard, dressed up for the door, etc. One house I remember even had a mini haunted house set up that you had to go through to get candy.

A few times we went to old people communities cause the old people were so happy to have kids come by.

Fett_II wrote:

i still went trick or treating with braces, but i managed to evade that scenario when eating stickier candies.

lol, good. It's really not a pleasurable experience. tongue

Miba wrote:

We went trick-or-treating lots and there were always lots of other people too. As far as I know there's been no decline. But then I haven't gone in about 5-6 years. I know the mall has a big thing where there's a line and the kids go store to store to get candy. I don't know if there's still a lot of trick-or-treating going around now though, I live kinda separate from a lot of other neighborhoods and the only kids we got last year were the neighbor kids. But they probably all go to the bigger neighborhoods. We did that, we'd go to the rich side of town.

I have a ton of siblings so after we were done trick-or-treating we'd lay out our candy and inventory it, then we'd trade. Of course the reeses and hersheys were always worth a lot. They were worth at least two or three sticks of gum or hard candies. Trading was fun. One of my brothers doesn't like chocolate so he'd trade them off for suckers and stuff.

I always hated that no one ever gave out lots of chocolate. It was all stupid stuff like toffee, hard candy, suckers, popcorn balls, gum. Hardly anyone ever gave out reeses or hersheys and those that did were my favorite people. So I decided that I would always be one of the good people and give out chocolate. I give out snickers, peanut butter cups, hersheys bars, butterfingers, crunch bars, etc.

I also loved the houses that really got into it. Set up the yard, dressed up for the door, etc. One house I remember even had a mini haunted house set up that you had to go through to get candy.

A few times we went to old people communities cause the old people were so happy to have kids come by.

The mini haunted house setup sounds great. Wish I could do that. When you live at the 2nd floor in an apt building you dont have 56 options, lol.

One thing I decided to do once, was to walk around dressed and wearing makeup (I was one of the KISS guys of course) and GIVE candy to the other trick or treaters. It confused people a little but THAT was fun too, lol.

I totally forgot about apartment buildings. We never really went to those. In that case it is perfectly understandable not to do up the outside of the house as there isn't one.

Walking around giving out candy is an interesting idea. I think I'd be confused too at first, but I wouldn't have cared, the more candy the better. lol

I do remember seeing one guy wandering around holding a little box showing people the finger he'd found at the scene of an accident.... and then it would move like it was haunted or still alive or something. Took me a few minutes to figure out it was his finger poking through a hole in the bottom of the box.