Topic: New Fan Fic, Preview

Here is the prologue of my next short story. In this the story takes place in Courscant once again but through the point of view of a young boy who lives in the slums at ground level. He witnesses much of the horrors of the underworld and begins to envision a life as a bounty hunter. He begins this obsession through brief glances he sees of Boba Fett and this launches him in his journey.

Prologue

In the seconds I waited terror crept up from my guts and into my mouth and everything tasted sour.  My tongue, my lips, the roof of my mouth, even my teeth had a distinctive taste of spoiled milk. I closed my eyes and the bile crawled to the back of my eyeballs and filled my ears. The waiting, it was always so much worse than the event. And by the one-hundredth time I should know what to expect. The waiting was calculated; it was always the same length of time. But always, I suspended my expectations like my body, strapped to a cold wall and listened to the laughter of children and the guffaw of teenage boys far away and even then they pounded at my temples as I felt my body propel into the air…. faster…. faster…faster, until their sounds resembled the world of melted crayons, lights as ribbons and carnival music that undulated with the thrill ride’s dizzying spin. I held my breath, imagining I was falling, tumbling into empty space…and then steadily it slowed bringing me back to earth until it stopped and the ride operator took me down and ushered me away. But even then I still felt the pavement beneath me twirling and I found myself once again in line, hungry for another dose of fear…like a drug.

It was the denial of God, the denial of man, and the destruction of the world in miniature form.

Re: New Fan Fic, Preview

Interesting.  You have a very good feel for creating and portraying emotion.  I look forward to seeing what you add to this

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Thank you! I noticed you commented on my last fan fic. Glad to have a fan

It was the denial of God, the denial of man, and the destruction of the world in miniature form.

RShehay wrote:

Thank you! I noticed you commented on my last fan fic. Glad to have a fan

Fan? Different person with a similar avatar, lol. Interesting text indeed here though.

Did you take a look at your "fan"'s creative work? He can be a good writer too. Strong, rare imagination, nice ability to put his ideas into words. Worth checking.

[url=http://www.lithdesigns.com]LD[/url] / [email=billielith@hotmail.com]E-[/email]

Haha. Sorry, my mistake! Thanks for the correction Cin. And I will check out the work!