26 (edited by True Warrior Saturday, May 13, 2006 7:03 am)

Re: Boba Fett vs. Samus

I just said that I think Samus would win, and CeciliaCrimsondragonFett is right. Most of you love Fett so much, that you are blinded by Samuses skill and ability. Samus IS a great bounty hunter, and slightly better than Fett.

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

27 (edited by draco fett Saturday, May 13, 2006 2:11 pm)

I have played quite a few Metroid games. Fett could use his flame-thrower, and the heat from the flames on her armor would boil her skin. Fett has light-sabers. Fett has missiles. Samus could not destroy Fett's armor. Fett has killed the Sarlacc. Also, you should not say, "...Samus is slightly better than Fett," when you have no proof. I am not blinded by my liking of Fett. For instance, if you said "Who would win in a fight between Fett and Yog-Sothoth?", I would say that Yog-Sothoth would win.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Weeell, if I remember correctly Samus's armor has heat shielding, or at least it did by the end of Metroid Prime. I think the technology in Samus's setting is superior to that in our Star Wars galaxy, so Fett's at the disadtantage there...but Fett fights smart. Samus might have him in firepower, and in armor superiority, but Fett wins hands-down in brains. So I think it would really depend on the circumstances of their meeting. I'm not sure if Fett could stand up to her in a straight-out firefight, but on the other hand given amble time to prepare he could run circles around her with his brilliant tactics. That's my prediction.

GPI: Fondly regard crustacean

Dude, Samus has INCREIDLBE heat resistant armour. The Varia Suit is literally heat resistant for super heated areas, plus more damage resistant. The Gravity Suit can withstand magma with NO DAMAGE. Not to mention Samus can have hundreds of regular missiles, a small (but still large) supply of Super missiles. And she has Ice based beam weapons, Electric based beam weapons, Plasma based beam weapons, and Energy based beam weapons, plus the ability to charge up the beams for twice the power. AND she has a electro magnetic based Grapple Beam, AND visors that let her see through fake walls, AND the ability to set normal bombs and the incredible Power Bomb. So don't tell ME that Fett would win due to superoir weapons! They are both well matched and evenly experienced, Samus is a worthy match.

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

Fett has multi-detanators. I do not care how strong her armor is, the detanator would kill her.

Dude, have you been listening? Her armor is....pretty much better than Boba's. She WOULDN'T die, but it'll probably give her a pretty good blast.

True Warrior {MW}

[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Multi-detanators are MUCH stronger than thermal detanators. If Samus's armor is capable of not being destroyed by a multi-detanator, then how exactly can she get hurt?

this is an awesome debate, but if we really want to know who would win in a fight I think we should list each bounty hunter's strengths, weaknesess, armor, weapons, spacecraft, and how they would handle themselves in a fight. The people who know more samus, list the things above, and same goes for people who know more about. i think if we do this we won't have to spend so much time accusing each other of being biast, and more could be spent pursuing this interesting topic

Welcome to the boards "fet132"     i'm glad that you've taken an interrest in this topic and hope to start seeing more of you interresting posts......and yes i think you have a point...good idea.

{MW} MS9

ā€œ(Iā€™m) Just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the a$$.ā€ -John McClane

draco fett wrote:

Multi-detanators are MUCH stronger than thermal detanators. If Samus's armor is capable of not being destroyed by a multi-detanator, then how exactly can she get hurt?

She does get hurt, but her armour system is based on energy tanks that have about 100 energy units. If she were to have the max amount of energy tanks PLUS 4 spare tanks for emergancies, she can withstand any decent sized blast, with energy to spare. You have to bring everything down to zero before Samus can be killed. I assure you they're an even, equal match.

Perhaps they are equal. Does any body hear know of a site that tells of Samus's armors and visors.

37 (edited by Spider-Fett Monday, May 15, 2006 3:59 pm)

fet132 wrote:

this is an awesome debate, but if we really want to know who would win in a fight I think we should list each bounty hunter's strengths, weaknesess, armor, weapons, spacecraft, and how they would handle themselves in a fight. The people who know more samus, list the things above, and same goes for people who know more about. i think if we do this we won't have to spend so much time accusing each other of being biast, and more could be spent pursuing this interesting topic

Good idea.  I'll do that now.

Boba Fett:
Genetic super physical srength.
Samus:
Above average strength.
Point for Boba.

Boba Fett
Lot's of powerful weapons.
Samus:
Equal ammount of powerful weapons.
Point for both.

Boba Fett:
Very good experience.
Samus:
Slightly less experience.
point for boba.

Boba Fett:
Amazing fighting skill.
Samus:
Amazing fighting skill.
point for both.

Boba Fett: Can fly.
Samus: Can fly.
point for both.

Boba Fett:
mostly but not completely covering armor.
Samus:
full covering armor, and therefore more protecting.
point for Samus.

Boba Fett: Took on Darth Vader without losing.
Samus: Deals with dangerous metroids.
point for both.

Boba Fett:
Always thinks through stratagies before fighting.
Samus:
does not always think through attacks.
Point for Boba.

Boba Fett:
Helmet is very resistant, full obscuring, and has all kinds of cool gadgets.
Samus:
Same for her helmet.
point for both.

Boba Fett:
Dopplegangers stay down.
Samus:
Dopplegangers keep coming back.
point for boba.

That's about it, let me know if I missed something. Her'es the score: Boba Fett:9.  Samus:6

Boba: Lord Vader, I bring good news.--Vader: You have captured Solo?--Boba: No.--Vader: Then what is it?--Boba: I just saved 15% on starship insurance by switching to Geiko! {MW}

You missed their visors/helmuts, but I think that would be a tie. Also, Samus's dopplegangers keep coming back, Fett's stay dead: point for Boba.

Actually, Samus CAN fly, in a sense: the Space Jump. Lets her hurl continusly in the air. With the famous Screw Attack added in with it, any minour enemy encountered in the air goes splat. So I think the point should go to both.

Done.  Both errors have been corrected.

Boba: Lord Vader, I bring good news.--Vader: You have captured Solo?--Boba: No.--Vader: Then what is it?--Boba: I just saved 15% on starship insurance by switching to Geiko! {MW}

what about there ships i think that would be a point for boba.

some blood lines were ment to end.

Boba also has an army at his comand, but he would not call on them for a personal fight.

I think the ships WOULD be a point for Boba: I've honestly never seen or heard mention of gun or turrets aboard Samus' hunter class gunship. Though I would imagine they're there, I'm not sure what they are.

Since it seems no one is entirely sure about Samu's ship, I think it'd be fair to give that point to both of them.

have we decided who is the winner? or are they too equally matched???

Tell you guys what, it might show Samus' ship blasting at some Space Pirates in Metroid Zero Mission, but I'm not sure (I just remember they blasted the hell out of her). I'll check it out for you guys, yeah?

Yeah.  As per your question, fet132, according to the match up scores, Boba wins by just a bit.

Spider-Fett wrote:

Since it seems no one is entirely sure about Samu's ship, I think it'd be fair to give that point to both of them.

But if it is not that famous, it does not inspire fear.

Famous in her world. Thing is, when you look at the Prime games, and then Metroid's 2 and 3, she might have as many ships as Boba does.

But I dont think that they are as powerful as Boba's though. And BTW, I think Boba would bring a couple troopers for this one if he'd absolutely had too.

{MW} TW