Topic: mandalorian god(s)

i was wondering if anybody knew about the god(s) of mandalore?

Aliit ori'shya tal'din - Family is more than bloodline

Re: mandalorian god(s)

Im not sure they had any...

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Going by what little I've read from the Commando books and going through some of the words in KT's Mando'a dictionary, the Mandalorians do believe in an afterlife and "heaven."  So it's logical to assume that they'd have some form of god, or perhaps a system of rule in the after life based on the Honor one gains during one's lifetime.  Or maybe a mix; kind of a Norse system of belief, which I think would fit the Mandalorians nicely.

However, I've never ran into anything in either KT's dictionary or any of the books I've seen that name a specific deity or even mention a belief system that includes one for the Mandalorians.  So maybe it's just waiting to be written about, or somebody said they do or don't and I haven't found it yet.

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

i remember in order 66 there was a mention of "the forgotten gods of mandalore"

miliary people send often t be religious and the religious ones do better in life.traviss does not seem to have much faith so her mandos are not ment to either.there is a suggenstion of a zen like philosphpy where their souls become part of a great mando soul.dosnt sound like much fun.the majority of them dont live in mandalore so they probably have lots of religions amongst the diaspora

SF is what life is all about.

via wiki: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian_religion

Mandalorian religion
From Wookieepedia, the Star Wars wiki.
Jump to: navigation, search

The Mandalorian religion reflected the sensibilities and values of the Mandalorians. Like the culture itself, it changed over the years, but still maintained its fundamental tenets. In ancient times, Mandalorians were intensely religious, worshipping war and taking their myths literally. However disillusionment with devastating wars of conquest led to a re-interpretation of the stories as parables, to confer philosophical meaning rather than fact.

In Mandalorian myth, the sloth-god Arasuum eternally fought the destroyer god Kad Ha'rangir. This represented the constant struggle between stagnation, and the opportunity for change that stemmed from destruction. Every Mandalorian warrior who died supposedly joined an army in the afterlife; there they defended their wives and children, who lived on an enduring, peaceful homestead. This was viewed as the only place where Mandalorians could finally settle down permanently.

Later generations moved away from a belief in a literal heaven to emphasize the idea of the manda. The manda was described as "a combination of the collective state of being, the essence of being Mandalorian, and an oversoul." To be part of it, a Mandalorian must understand their culture and truly live out its ideals. Otherwise, they would be a dar'manda–someone who was ignorant of their heritage, and would have no soul and no afterlife. This was regarded as a fate worse than death. This emphasis on culture helped to preserve the identity of the Mandalorians even when scattered across the galaxy.
edit Aspects of Mandalorian mythology

* Arasuum - the sloth god, personification of stagnation, idleness, and consumption
    * Kad Ha'rangir - the destroyer god, who forced change and growth upon the universe
    * Akaanati'kar'oya (The War of Life and Death) - Mandalorian creation myth

"Those with the ability to lead, have the responsibility to do so."

wow thats exactly what i needed thanks

Oh I bet Arasuum has a huge following... not tongue

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

BFFC therealmccoy wrote:

via wiki: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian_religion

Mandalorian religion
From Wookieepedia, the Star Wars wiki.
Jump to: navigation, search

The Mandalorian religion reflected the sensibilities and values of the Mandalorians. Like the culture itself, it changed over the years, but still maintained its fundamental tenets. In ancient times, Mandalorians were intensely religious, worshipping war and taking their myths literally. However disillusionment with devastating wars of conquest led to a re-interpretation of the stories as parables, to confer philosophical meaning rather than fact.

In Mandalorian myth, the sloth-god Arasuum eternally fought the destroyer god Kad Ha'rangir. This represented the constant struggle between stagnation, and the opportunity for change that stemmed from destruction. Every Mandalorian warrior who died supposedly joined an army in the afterlife; there they defended their wives and children, who lived on an enduring, peaceful homestead. This was viewed as the only place where Mandalorians could finally settle down permanently.

Later generations moved away from a belief in a literal heaven to emphasize the idea of the manda. The manda was described as "a combination of the collective state of being, the essence of being Mandalorian, and an oversoul." To be part of it, a Mandalorian must understand their culture and truly live out its ideals. Otherwise, they would be a dar'manda–someone who was ignorant of their heritage, and would have no soul and no afterlife. This was regarded as a fate worse than death. This emphasis on culture helped to preserve the identity of the Mandalorians even when scattered across the galaxy.
edit Aspects of Mandalorian mythology

* Arasuum - the sloth god, personification of stagnation, idleness, and consumption
    * Kad Ha'rangir - the destroyer god, who forced change and growth upon the universe
    * Akaanati'kar'oya (The War of Life and Death) - Mandalorian creation myth

wow...that is awesome.

Kandosii, McCoy.

"Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu."
  [url]http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=39267.0[/url]

Umm read my title... I thought you all were well informed... I AM  the mandalorian spirit for the world. (J/K)

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

O)h wow!! Mandalorian have a reliligion. so they were pagans. it does make sense that they would have a religion.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

12 (edited by Everettj Wednesday, April 8, 2009 2:35 pm)

All Shall Worship Kad Ha'rangir!!!!

100 POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naastar Te Aru'e!!!!!!!!!!

Praised shall be his name

I believe it translates to "The Sword of Hell"

Naastar Te Aru'e!!!!!!!!!!

thats awesome

The Mandalorians in the new jedi order books believe in the Mandoa, returning ones body and soul to the galaxy, basically being one with the universe.